I Friggin' Love My Car

M&P15T

I posted this on my Mustang forum, thought I'd share it here too;

With all the threads and posts about issues, filled with negativity, and hurt emotions, I just thought I'd share that at 2 years and 22K miles, I still love my beast. And I do DD it.

In comparison to my 2005 GT and 2012 GT, this car is not only faster, it's much more refined, quiet, comfortable, durable and reliable. The only issue I've had is a cracked intake manifold, and of course I've gone through some tires. But the brakes are still good, there's no rattles or squeaks that are really dreadful, and it still looks fantastic from 5 feet away (don't get too close!!).

I can't begin to explain how comfortable this car was on a 2800 mile round trip to Houston and back, it was an amazing Grand Tourer. Powerful, very planted and stable, confidence inspiring, quiet, comfortable........a few 10 hour driving days were no problem. Dat speeding ticket in Alabama tho......

Recently she's gotten a JLT HAI (hot air intake..LOOOOL!!) & tune, and 4 new Firestone Indy 500s, which are fantastic tires. They work so much better than the OEM PP1 Pirellis, especially in cold temps and rain, it's a complete joke. They actually have grip in 55 degree weather!! The extra whoooosh and power from the HAI/Tune combo, the confidence in the tires, and just the over-all driving experience is beyond fun, the car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it, and even just from looking at it. Triple Yellow is a secret sauce, the color looks good dirty, and fantastic when clean. It really hides the dirt well.

The transmission (with the BG fluid) has been fine, the car didn't even need an alignment when I put the new tires on. The cloth interior isn't wearing at all, unlike the Premium leather on my last two Mustangs. Perhaps the only let-down is the base stereo, but that's something I can fix by throwing $$ at it.

I did have some engine ticking, but it went away as the oil aged, and it's gone now. I'll probably switch to a thicker oil for the next change.

Anyways, I hope everyone else is enjoying their Mustangs too. I think this weekend I'll roll her out to Sky Line Drive and SEND IT!!

FYI; she was dirty as hell in the 1st two pictures.
20180729_062523.jpg
Message_1532863804722.jpg
gt.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Wyzz Kydd said:

Nice car!

Thanks!!! The killer part is, it's a relatively cheap car to own and drive. Apart from tires, it's just an oil-change here and there, air-filter.....and that's it.

Sticker was $37K, I think I paid $28K OTD (I had some equity in my trade), so I got a decent deal on it.

26 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Nice...

we used to call that color

”ticket-me yellow”

cause the cops cops could see it miles away

I think yellow looks great on a Mustang!

When I bought my first Goldwing, I got it in yellow. When I insured it, I told my insurance agent that I got yellow because I wanted high visibility. 

I have since been rear ended twice on two different yellow bikes.? I attribute that to CPICB (Cell Phone Induced Color Blindness) and still like yellow.

• Like 1

It's okay to love your car, just so long as you don't LOOOOVVVEEE your car. :anim_lol:

1 hour ago, M&P15T said:

I posted this on my Mustang forum, thought I'd share it here too;

With all the threads and posts about issues, filled with negativity, and hurt emotions, I just thought I'd share that at 2 years and 22K miles, I still love my beast. And I do DD it.

In comparison to my 2005 GT and 2012 GT, this car is not only faster, it's much more refined, quiet, comfortable, durable and reliable. The only issue I've had is a cracked intake manifold, and of course I've gone through some tires. But the brakes are still good, there's no rattles or squeaks that are really dreadful, and it still looks fantastic from 5 feet away (don't get too close!!).

I can't begin to explain how comfortable this car was on a 2800 mile round trip to Houston and back, it was an amazing Grand Tourer. Powerful, very planted and stable, confidence inspiring, quiet, comfortable........a few 10 hour driving days were no problem. Dat speeding ticket in Alabama tho......

Recently she's gotten a JLT HAI (hot air intake..LOOOOL!!) & tune, and 4 new Firestone Indy 500s, which are fantastic tires. They work so much better than the OEM PP1 Pirellis, especially in cold temps and rain, it's a complete joke. They actually have grip in 55 degree weather!! The extra whoooosh and power from the HAI/Tune combo, the confidence in the tires, and just the over-all driving experience is beyond fun, the car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it, and even just from looking at it. Triple Yellow is a secret sauce, the color looks good dirty, and fantastic when clean. It really hides the dirt well.

The transmission (with the BG fluid) has been fine, the car didn't even need an alignment when I put the new tires on. The cloth interior isn't wearing at all, unlike the Premium leather on my last two Mustangs. Perhaps the only let-down is the base stereo, but that's something I can fix by throwing $$ at it.

I did have some engine ticking, but it went away as the oil aged, and it's gone now. I'll probably switch to a thicker oil for the next change.

Anyways, I hope everyone else is enjoying their Mustangs too. I think this weekend I'll roll her out to Sky Line Drive and SEND IT!!

FYI; she was dirty as hell in the 1st two pictures.
20180729_062523.jpg
Message_1532863804722.jpg
gt.jpg

I'd be careful going off-book on the oil.  It might make the ticking worse.  Thicker oil has trouble getting into the tiny nooks and crannies that thinner oil can.

5 hours ago, M&P15T said:

it's much more refined, quiet, comfortable, durable and reliable. The only issue I've had is a cracked intake manifold, I did have some engine ticking, but it went away as the oil aged, and it's gone now. 

Is the cracked intake another signature Ford issue?  Like the leaking composite intakes on the 4.6?  Or the stripped spark plug holes in the Triton V8s?  Or was it a weird freak issue that only happened to your car?

• Like 1