USPS rant

Cougar_ml

So anyone else frustrated with the USPS screwing up their orders?

Case in point.  One package I have coming was supposed to be here several days ago.  It shipped out from Missouri on a Friday, made it to the Seattle distribution center on saturday.  Gets shipped out on sunday afternoon, then arrives at a post office that is not mine on monday.  Gets back to the Seattle facility on Tuesday, and they ship it back out on tuesday.  Tuesday night it's back in the distribution center again.  So count that, # TIMES it arrived at the exact same regional distribution center.  Package finally arrived in the main today, but it's frustrating watching that.

Another package made left Indiana on the 15th, got to Seattle on the 16th, then got sent to a post office an hour's drive away from here (they screwed up reading the last 2 digits of the zip code)

I've been saving the tracking history on these, right now it's at about 10-15% of my packages are being delivered late due to shipping problems with USPS.  Kind of annoying when you are trying to run a business and schedule jobs based on when parts will arrive.

Okay, I'm done ranting, have a nice day :)

lol,  i seem to have badluck with all of them  livingin small community  of 200 people ,a store ,and a PO  .  it is always a chore, because we got our mail box address and our physical address ,  and then they came up with that ******* sure post **** ,  i have to call someone and track and track to make sure its coming , 

USPS are a group of unionized, couldn't care anyless about YOUR problem workers.

We go in spurts of IF our mail arrives, if it is the old white guy we get deliveries everyday about 1:00pm, if it is the old black lady it is after 4 and if there are any packages she always marks them attempted delivery but never leaves the slip in the mailbox or attached to the door. We have taken surveillance video shows her sitting at the end of the driveway marking her device with gps as showing she was there to the postmaster and nothing happens. If the young black guy is on the route, mail just doesn't get delivered many days or delivered to other houses.

The postmaster said we could rent a PO box and drive 9 miles each way daily if we didn't like the service we are receiving. We do bill pay electronically and try to avoid them as much as possible, I hope they just shut down as it is nothing more than a debacle when dealing with them.

I have had decent luck with UPS, since FedEx is obviously anti gun we try to use UPS as much as possible.

https://about.van.fedex.com/newsroom/fedex-responds-questions-national-rifle-association-gun-safety-policy/

snippet from above link

FedEx opposes assault rifles being in the hands of civilians.  While we strongly support the constitutional right of U.S. citizens to own firearms subject to appropriate background checks, FedEx views assault rifles and large capacity magazines as an inherent potential danger to schools, workplaces, and communities when such weapons are misused.  We therefore support restricting them to the military. 

**** FedEx they are dead to me!

I can deal with USPS, UPS and FedEx. Love my local delivery guys. Very rarely gets stuff screwed up. Now Amazon's and their own piece of **** delivery service is outright garbage. They like to sign packages off as delivered when they can't find the box in their shitty, personal cars. Forcing you to make claims in order to get your money back. One of them ran my mail box over, and ran when being flagged down by a neighbor. I'm not even counting the delays and damaged deliveries.

As always: **** Amazon.

Mailed out a rifle a while back. It made it to Anchorage where it sat in someone's office for 3 weeks before it got sent on it's way again. Several months ago I sent one out that hit nearly every major hub over a 6 week period before it was finally delivered. Some places it landed at more than once.

Lots of issues with USPS; but their Informed Delivery service has helped keep them honest.

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action?iom=B490-81IN-USRS-PS-USP-BI-XXX-AW-XX-X-INF&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=search&utm_content=b490-81in&utm_campaign=informeddelivery2018&gclid=CLDnlN-2kt4CFW-nxQIduvcDhA&gclsrc=ds&dclid=CJiTq9-2kt4CFVY64AodFWgC-A

It's free and every day I get an email with pictures of what is supposed to be in my mailbox for the day.  I get checks in the mail, so I know what to expect.  Several times, the picture shows up in my email with a picture of the check envelope.  If it doesn't show up in the mailbox (and this has happened several times), I go to the USPS Informed Delivery site and mark the specific mail as not delivered.  It normally shows up a few days later; but then I know when a check has been lost and I can take appropriate action.

Edited by dudel