what appliance in your home you could do without ?

ASH

i agree on dryer ,   i think over my lifetime i have hung out a million articles of clothing on a line . 

at my moms house washer and dryer were in basement and when he passed and she got older  i moved both to the carport , cause i did not want her going down steps .  but until she got weaker and dementia  she used the dryer maybe  5 times,   then i took over hanging out her clothes til she passed.

Edited by ASH

• Administrators

I have a maid.  I aint washing or cleaning ****.    I do as I please and magically **** gets picked up and everything smells nice. It is fantastic.   I have no idea what the maid could do without :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

microwave gets used maybe once or twice a month.  

The main oven gets used maybe twice a year, if that.  Mostly I use a countertop toaster type oven because it heats up much faster.

Dishwasher hasn't been used in at least 2 or 3 years, maybe more.

There is a TV in my house, but no cable or satellite service for it.  My son uses it occasionally for a game system, and a couple times my ex wife has used it to watch movies with my son and her daughter when she is here doing laundry.  

12 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

microwave gets used maybe once or twice a month.  

The main oven gets used maybe twice a year, if that.  Mostly I use a countertop toaster type oven because it heats up much faster.

Dishwasher hasn't been used in at least 2 or 3 years, maybe more.

There is a TV in my house, but no cable or satellite service for it.  My son uses it occasionally for a game system, and a couple times my ex wife has used it to watch movies with my son and her daughter when she is here doing laundry.  

Do you live in your house?

For me it is the stupid Instant Pot everybody said you need.  Useless, crockpot works just as good.  I was under the impression you just dump **** in it and it is done in 20 min.  NOOOO most of the recipes have a bunch of steps.  Ain't nobody got time for that.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ASH said:

mine is dishwasher , we never use it , matter of fact  its brand new and still gotthe stocky tape on door  for last 5 years  lol

A lot of people don't understand how I can live without a dishwasher. But when I remodeled my kitchen I had limited cabinet space and needed the space more than the dishwasher and I don't mind washing dishes by hand. Another thing I'm perfectly happy to live without is a garbage disposal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RenoF250 said:

Do you live in your house?

For me it is the stupid Instant Pot everybody said you need.  Useless, crockpot works just as good.  I was under the impression you just dump **** in it and it is done in 20 min.  NOOOO most of the recipes have a bunch of steps.  Ain't nobody got time for that.

Yeah, I spend a lot of time in my house.  Usually if I'm not working I'm at home.  I just spend the majority of my time either in front of the computer or work bench, or if it's nice weather I might venture outside for a while.

(edit: since I'm now divorced I moved my reloading bench inside to the wide hallway and work on it whenever I feel like it.  My son currently enjoys resizing bullets for me, he keeps bugging me to go make more for him to size)

My parents just got an instapot.  So far dad cooked meatloaf in it and cooked a pork roast with applesauce in it, for most of a month of ownership.  

Edited by Cougar_ml

When I bought my house I never noticed it didn't have a dishwasher.  My friend's brother recently got a new one and he offered to install his old one for me.  I declined the offer mainly because I didn't want to lose the cabinet space and wasn't sure I would actually use it.  The house prior to buying this one had a dishwasher and I never once used it.  It served as storage for my baking pans and dishes.

6 hours ago, Presguy said:

I'm honestly surprised by all the people saying "dishwasher". I run mine almost daily - more than I use the oven. Can't imagine taking the time to manually slosh around hot water and do dishes by hand every day.  Only knives and a few particular pans get handwashed. 

Indeed.  A normal day is three loads here. 

On 10/18/2018 at 1:19 AM, ASH said:

mine is dishwasher , we never use it , matter of fact  its brand new and still gotthe stocky tape on door  for last 5 years  lol

Damn.  That's one I can't see doing without.  With 3 kids that thing gets run daily.

• Like 1