Saudi Arabia’s $100M pledge arrives in American accounts as Pompeo lands in Riyadh

pipedreams

Dang they know just how to get the best bang for their buck.

"A Saudi contribution of $100 million to U.S.-backed stabilization efforts in Syria arrived in American accounts Tuesday, just as State Mike Pompeo touched down in Riyadh to discuss the missing Saudi journalist, an anonymous U.S. official told The New York Times. "

https://www.foxnews.com/world/saudi-arabias-100m-pledge-arrives-in-american-accounts-as-pompeo-lands-in-riyadh-report

I am failing to see why this is a US issue, other than some do gooder in the State Department fast tracked this guy a green card to visit the US, he is a Saudi citizen. And apparently he thought invincible being a journalist writing an ocassional column for the WaPO. Funny how the muslim brotherhood did not step up for hi, considering he was a member and all. And those calling for harsh sanctions on the Saudis, I doubt they have a real clue as to how invested we are with the Saudis. Since I lived there for a short span of life, I can enlighten a little. 

ARAMCO....Arabian American Company.....gas and oil exploration and extraction. Dhaharan, an entire city of mainly US expats, living and working. It is hot as **** and humid as a Rosy O'Donnell's armpit. But those that are there are earning a tidy sum of money that gets repatriated home. Plenty of those people own apartment buildings, fast food franchises, etc.

Peace Sun Program.....started during the Carter Administration. You can read about it on a site called globalsecurity.org....I think they are at about v.12 with it. It is the sale of our military aircraft to the Saudis, but goes waaaaaay beyond that; air bases are built and operating all over the Kingdom. Jeddah, Riyadh, Jizan, Khamis Mushayt, Dhaharan, Taif, those are the ones I am familiar with. Aircraft involved when I was there..F5, F15, AWACS, and an aray of radar and tracking equipment. Selling this hardware is the start. Every one of those planes and bases named employee 1000's of US citizens, that are flight instructors, mechanics, ATC, fire fighting crews, security, logistics, support sub contractors for all those people for food lodging and recreation, schools. A strong majority of these people are retired military. Some of the companies involved, Raytheon, McDonnell Douglas, Lockheed, Northrup Grummen and a host of sub contract companies. The benefit in this country to many is huge.

Engineering companies, construction companies like Michael Baker, Bechtel, etc.

What does the left want to do about this guy again? Someone who got too big for his britches? Let's just tear it all down. I thought they were the globalist. Unfortunately, this is how things work in other places of the world. When I lived there, a car load of our engineers were involved in an auto accident. One guy broke his arm, another had a cut on his face that got a nasty infection. They were on their way home from work, the police took them straight to jail, (Philipinos) the reason was that had they not been in the country, the accident would have never happened. I think it took us a week to get them out of jail and proper medical treatment. One of our guys (Philipino) got homesick one night, drank some mouthwash to get drunk, took a company truck, threw up on himself while driving around in the dark with the headlights off, got pulled over by the traffic police and arrested. Went to jail for about 4 months and upon release received 75 lashes with a bamboo cane. And then deported.

My Boss, he had juice with some influencial locals. I was at his house drinking wine and shine with the Saudis at times. As an American, I had leeway with what I could "get away" with. House/compound parties every Thursday night with nurse and medical professionals from all over Europe and NA over at the airbase. Fun times.

I'm really glad that the determination was reached that Jamal Kashoggi died as a result of injuries sustained in a slip-and-fall caused by a banana peel on the floor of the second room to the right of the entrance foyer.

We all know how dangerous those banana peels can be.