Planned Parenthood question

gwalchmai

I don’t think they should be funded at all.  Especially since they sometimes have a profit that exceeds what the gov gives them.

And since they are tax exempt, I don’t think they can be legally be political.  

Hawk 

ETA:  Actually, the term is non-profit, so they can just plow their profit into the business, legally, and still take our money.

Edited by Brown Hawk
  • Like 2

Regardless of your feelings about abortion, do you think an organization which receives federal funds should support political candidates?
I think not, regardless of how labyrinthine the funding may be. Change whatever's left of my mind.

Good Question. Answer is ‘NO’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hannie Caulder said:

I'm waiting for one of my brother Christians to refuse to pay Federal income tax on the grounds that it violates religious freedom.  There's a case for SCOTUS.

My nephew tried that the IRS gave him a choice. Pay your taxis or go to prison.  At this time he owes so much in back taxes if they see any type of savings the government takes it.  Can't buy a house his car is a piece of junk no collage savings for there son. The Jehovah Witness are good for that. 

• Like 1

Speaking of religious freedom, because of the Johnson Amendment of 1954, non-profit organizations, read churches, are forbidden from endorsing political candidates.

Endorse or oppose a candidate from the pulpit, lose your non-profit status and tax exemption.

Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization.

I guess ol' Lyndon just meant non-profit organizations that don't endorse Democrats.

Edited by tous
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The prohibition on not-for-profits engaging in political activity has long been used in a totally biased manner. Black churches, most or all with tax exempt status as not for profit religious entities, openly endorse Democrat candidates. They were a major political force in the elections of Obama. But the Federal government did nothing, not even threaten to revoke their tax exempt status out of fear of accusations of racism. Planned Parenthood, an entity overwhelmingly focused on providing abortions and little else, is a major arm of the Democrat Party. The IRS should be investigating them at least, and if current IRS leadership do not want to do so, Trump needs to fire those people and install some who will do their job properly. I would not shed a single tear if somehow tonight every Planned Parenthood clinic in the nation were set on fire and destroyed. 

Edited by Vito
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, tous said:

Speaking of religious freedom, because of the Johnson Amendment of 1954, non-profit organizations, read churches, are forbidden from endorsing political candidates.

Endorse or oppose a candidate from the pulpit, lose your non-profit status and tax exemption.

Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization.

I guess ol' Lyndon just meant non-profit organizations that don't endorse Democrats.

Yeah, it worried me, too. Apparently PP has a separate org that they use for political funding and endorsement. https://www.plannedparenthoodaction.org/

Bastards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHB said:

My nephew tried that the IRS gave him a choice. Pay your taxis or go to prison.  At this time he owes so much in back taxes if they see any type of savings the government takes it.  Can't buy a house his car is a piece of junk no collage savings for there son. The Jehovah Witness are good for that. 

Stacey Abrams, the Dim guber candidate, owes 20K in back Fed taxes. It's OK, though, because, Dim, black, woman, minority, PoC...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

PP is working hard with other leftist organizations, such as PBS, to keep this film from being shown in theaters:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3722234/?ref_=nv_sr_1

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2018/10/20/suppression-theaters-drop-gosnell-movie-despite-it-being-a-top-grossing-film-n2530400

Edited by gwalchmai