Law students walk out of class to protest against Kavanaugh

pipedreams

This ignorance should result in an automatic failure. 

"Droves of law students walked out of class in New York on Wednesday, one day after Justice Brett Kavanaugh heard his first cases on the Supreme Court, to protest his confirmation."

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/410901-law-students-walk-out-of-class-to-protest-against-kavanaugh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brooklyn Law School

:anim_lol:  :anim_rofl2:  :anim_rofl2::anim_lol:

Anybody ever hear of it?

The article mentions that it was a New York law school in the first paragraph, but saves the mention of the esteemed Brooklyn Law School for the second paragraph.  Am I the only one who feels like that was intentionally misleading?

Edited by minervadoe
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

This ignorance should result in an automatic failure. 

"Droves of law students walked out of class in New York on Wednesday, one day after Justice Brett Kavanaugh heard his first cases on the Supreme Court, to protest his confirmation."

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/410901-law-students-walk-out-of-class-to-protest-against-kavanaugh

Some of them might have to appear before him.  Stupid is as stupid does.

Edited by janice6

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_country_in_the_world_has_most_lawyers_per_capita

"...U.S.A.: There is one lawyer for every 265 Americans. Brazil follows closely with one lawyer for every 326 Brazilians..."

Sounds like the majority would have a better income if they had received a "fine arts" degree.

Edited by janice6
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, janice6 said:

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_country_in_the_world_has_most_lawyers_per_capita

"...U.S.A.: There is one lawyer for every 265 Americans. Brazil follows closely with one lawyer for every 326 Brazilians..."

Sounds like the majority would have a better income if they had received a "fine arts" degree.

I actually know three fine arts majors who have made fine careers. Must be the exception. Two are blacksmiths.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Historian said:

I actually know three fine arts majors who have made fine careers. Must be the exception. Two are blacksmiths.

If I were born 100 years ago, I know I would have been a Blacksmith.  I found I loved working with my hands and with steel/Iron.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EdTracker said:

A fine arts (or even liberal arts) degree used to be a satisfactory degree for stepping off to another and higher level of education. Now it seems to me more stepping down than anything else.

Very true. I knew a journalism major who took the degree to learn to write and went to law school. He cleaned up.

Of my four degrees one is a liberal arts degree (surprise) in history. This will teach you to think! A solid knowledge in history is the sign of a first rate mind.

Loved every minute of my time in that department. Would like to go back and get the PhD.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Historian said:

I recently was talking with my granddaughter about careers since she is just starting college.  I was trying to get acrossed  to her there are so many specialties within any field you choose.  Who would think of an art major being a blacksmith but look at some the knife makers that are truly artist. 

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 1

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think that this is fantastically good legal training for lawyers these days.  

Think about it.  They go into court, find a judge they don’t like, declare the judge illegitimate and walk out.  

They declare the charge to be microaggression and walk out.  

They don’t like the verdict, so instead of appealing, they walk out in protest.  

They show up in court in a g-string because they don’t want to show up in white power garments.  

Yep, absolutely fantastic legal training.  

Hawk

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brown Hawk said:

Yep, absolutely fantastic legal training.  

Hawk

Sadly...this is the crap that has infected higher education. 

When I look back I had one or two nut jobs and some brillaint teachers. 

Hawk makes an interesting point. This is a place the American Communist Party decided it would have its greatest influence starting as far back as the 1920s.

Get them young and they won't know the differences. 

Edited by Historian
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

I recently was talking with my granddaughter about careers since she is just starting college.  I was trying to get acrossed  to her there are so many specialties within any field you choose.  Who would think of an art major being a blacksmith but look at some the knife maker that are truly artist. 

There is a randall number one frightening knife on display in the museum of modern art in New York City. 

I would gladly say that is art.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fyrtwuck said:

My favorite in that video was the cop. Holding his hand out like “what do you expect, get your butt out of the road and you won’t get run over”. 

As i have said many times:  There is a cure for stupid. It sounds. It is ugly.  And often you find yourself in court dealing with it.

But death does cure stupid.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pipedreams said:

I recently was talking with my granddaughter about careers since she is just starting college.  I was trying to get acrossed  to her there are so many specialties within any field you choose.  Who would think of an art major being a blacksmith but look at some the knife makers that are truly artist. 

Honestly, I am an education junky.  I love it.

Whatever you do:  Understand the limitations. 

I would tell my young daughter consider a medical career.   It's a growth industry. A four year degree in nursing or a PA...and you are set!

If you choose a fine art:  Understand that being a painter:  There are very few who become masters.  You might find yourself working hard in other industries.

I wanted to write the great novel.  Perhaps some science fiction when i was 18.

I published two short stories.  I am no Issac Asimov.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Historian said:

Honestly, I am an education junky.  I love it.

Whatever you do:  Understand the limitations. 

I would tell my young daughter consider a medical career.   It's a growth industry. A four year degree in nursing or a PA...and you are set!

If you choose a fine art:  Understand that being a painter:  There are very few who become masters.  You might find yourself working hard in other industries.

I wanted to write the great novel.  Perhaps some science fiction when i was 18.

I published two short stories.  I am no Issac Asimov.

We talked a lot about medicine and all the associated jobs.  PA's seem to be a hot job right now and they make good money and can find work most anywhere.  She's strong in math doing AP math through H.S. so that should be beneficial.

Edited by pipedreams