Human resources study shows a stunning unintended backlash to the ‘MeToo’ movement

pipedreams

"A backlash that will limit opportunities for women"

"“There were men who specifically said I will not hire a woman going forward,” he explained.

“Those who said they would hire a woman said they would not travel with one, and they, more importantly they would not engage in activities after business hours,” Taylor added.

“And you know oftentimes, that’s when the relationships are built,” he continued, “after hours dinners with clients, et cetera, trips, I’m a lawyer for example, and you know, you’re the associate, and the partner won’t travel with you for fear that it could be perceived, or he could be subject to a sexual harassment claim.”"

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/hr-topics/employee-relations/pages/sexual-harassment-workplace-weinstein-effect.aspx

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/10/09/human-resources-study-shows-a-stunning-unintended-backlash-to-the-me-too-movement

• Like 1

MeToo supporters want it both ways. 

They want to be perceived as strong and independent, not needing a man.

They also want to be perceived as little girls, who need protection from anything they don't like or want.  At the time.  Or maybe two days later.  Or maybe they wanted it at the time but 20 years later they think they didn't. 

What a screwed up world we live in. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think this has gone about as far as it can go.   Some bad guys have been nailed for it.  But the recent supreme court addition was slimmed by this.  Wrongly.

And I think the vast majority of Americans who saw what happened are about to revolt against the movement.

Wrong is wrong:  It's easy to see.  Don't abuse your right to point it out.

It's like crying fire in a theater.  You get one chance to do it right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/11/2018 at 7:01 AM, pipedreams said:

"A backlash that will limit opportunities for women"

"“There were men who specifically said I will not hire a woman going forward,” he explained.

“Those who said they would hire a woman said they would not travel with one, and they, more importantly they would not engage in activities after business hours,” Taylor added.

“And you know oftentimes, that’s when the relationships are built,” he continued, “after hours dinners with clients, et cetera, trips, I’m a lawyer for example, and you know, you’re the associate, and the partner won’t travel with you for fear that it could be perceived, or he could be subject to a sexual harassment claim.”"

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/hr-topics/employee-relations/pages/sexual-harassment-workplace-weinstein-effect.aspx

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/10/09/human-resources-study-shows-a-stunning-unintended-backlash-to-the-me-too-movement

Good!

• Thanks 2

My wife’s company is already seeing it. Major player in the financial world.  Lots of men don’t want to travel with female coworkers  or travel to see female clients if there will be any socializing. A lot of women are going to be cut out of the loop and be right back to hitting the glass ceiling. 

• Thanks 2

Why stop with Employment?

It appears the #MeToo's are attacking their husbands as well.

To avoid having to sleep with one eye open for the rest of your life, marriage  should be avoided along with employing women.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2018/10/13/this-dudes-life-must-stink-wapo-publishes-asinine-article-about-a-feminist-yelling-at-her-husband-n2528207?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=&bcid=f3b32cb9739f7ac823837210e9d3eaf4&recip=27116010

men are incapable of being good, even if they oppose sexism. Men are, by nature, vile and terrible, and can’t fix anything by listening to women – instead, they must change from within. Sadly, though, they’re not capable of such change, which begs the question: what the hell are men supposed to do, aside from die?" 

I yelled at my husband last night. Not pick-up-your-socks yell. Not how-could-you-ignore-that-red-light yell. This was real yelling. This was 30 minutes of from-the-gut yelling. Triggered by a small, thoughtless, dismissive, annoyed, patronizing comment. Really small. A micro-wave that triggered a hurricane. I blew. Hard and fast. And it terrified me. I’m still terrified by what I felt and what I said. I am almost 70 years old. I am a grandmother. Yet in that roiling moment, screaming at my husband as if he represented every clueless male on the planet (and I every angry woman of 2018), I announced that I hate all men and wish all men were dead.

• Like 1

Already hearing reports of this at our local university. Women employees complaining that male coworkers no longer speak to them about non work related things, and won’t be alone in a room with them.  

Self preservation. Can’t have it both ways. 

Edited by Collim1
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Collim1 said:

Already hearing reports of this at our local university. Women employees complaining that male coworkers no longer speak to them about non work related things, and won’t be alone in a room with them.  

Self preservation. Can’t have it both ways. 

Excellent.

Lets keep it going to the breaking point.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steve4102 said:

To avoid having to sleep with one eye open for the rest of your life, marriage  should be avoided along with employing women.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2018/10/13/this-dudes-life-must-stink-wapo-publishes-asinine-article-about-a-feminist-yelling-at-her-husband-n2528207?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=&bcid=f3b32cb9739f7ac823837210e9d3eaf4&recip=27116010

men are incapable of being good, even if they oppose sexism. Men are, by nature, vile and terrible, and can’t fix anything by listening to women – instead, they must change from within. Sadly, though, they’re not capable of such change, which begs the question: what the hell are men supposed to do, aside from die?" 

I yelled at my husband last night. Not pick-up-your-socks yell. Not how-could-you-ignore-that-red-light yell. This was real yelling. This was 30 minutes of from-the-gut yelling. Triggered by a small, thoughtless, dismissive, annoyed, patronizing comment. Really small. A micro-wave that triggered a hurricane. I blew. Hard and fast. And it terrified me. I’m still terrified by what I felt and what I said. I am almost 70 years old. I am a grandmother. Yet in that roiling moment, screaming at my husband as if he represented every clueless male on the planet (and I every angry woman of 2018), I announced that I hate all men and wish all men were dead.

The very least I would do is walk out on this woman, then and there!  She is not a wife and a lover, but a shrew simply looking for a way to vent her frustration at her own shortcomings.  It's always someone else's fault!  Screw it, your better off alone, that with that (female dog).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, janice6 said:

The very least I would do is walk out on this woman, then and there!  She is not a wife and a lover, but a shrew simply looking for a way to vent her frustration at her own shortcomings.  It's always someone else's fault!  Screw it, your better off alone, that with that (female dog).

So true, I would walk away and never look back if faced with the situation.

• Thanks 1

Why is this in any way surprising to anyone with a working brain?  

But of course most leftists, elitists, University profs, and Hollywood ventriloquists dummys don’t have working brains.  

I won’t get on an elevator without a protector with me.  Besides, running up and down flights of stairs is better for my health.  

Billy Graham would never ride an elevator with unaccompanied women, or enter a hotel room that hadn’t been searched by his security, or let a maid come inside while he was in the room.  I guess he is starting to get a LOT of converts!  

Hawk 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Once "Bitten" twice shy.

This is exactly what was asked for, why would it surprise liberals...….

Actually, what they asked for was the ability to destroy ANY man that they want to destroy, for any reason they want to make up without any proof or investigation.  That would even include turning down a woman when she wanted sex and he didn’t, so she accuses him of rape and the rest get a rope for the lynching.  

Among other, longer term consequences are men will be on juries which will then remain hung, because those men will be feeling the rope around their own necks, men will start to not vote for female candidates for office, and start not signing up for university classes taught by females.  And these men will be joined by women who have really been raped, and find that this hysteria has so belittled what happened to them that all they feel is rage against these “#metooIwillfalselyaccuse” idiots.  

As willie-pete noted above, the law of unintended consequences.  So they didn’t get what they asked for, they are getting the opposite of their verbal asking, just the consequences of what their actions asked for.  

As Gunny Taylor used to say “too stupid to pour piss out of a boot with the instructions printed on the bottom.”  

Hawk

PS:  Sorry, janice6, I get to damn long winded sometimes.  Maybe I should run for the Senate. ???

• Like 2

On 10/15/2018 at 9:30 AM, steve4102 said:

Remember when the Left and the Media attacked Vice President Pence for never being alone with a woman other than his wife?

That is one of the first things that comes to my mind about this.

In retrospect, he's brilliant.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

That is one of the first things that comes to my mind about this.

In retrospect, he's brilliant.

Pence’s unwillingness to be alone with a woman is a symptom of a bigger problem

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/03/30/pences-unwillingness-to-be-alone-with-a-woman-is-a-symptom-of-a-bigger-problem/?utm_term=.4ec79f810301

1 hour ago, steve4102 said:

Garbage article but does kind of illustrate the point.

It amazes me how few people realize that the Vice President of the United States would be a target for false accusations.  So while even if .1% of accusations are false, those who would make a false accusation are going to gun for people like Pence.

• Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:31 AM, steve4102 said:

I'll bet, the feeling is mutual!

Pence and other men, cannot control what others do around them.  He can only control his actions and environment.  Considering the odds of a false charge by someone else, all he can do is limit the potential harm.

We see how everyday people of some notoriety are accused of "mis/mal treatment" of others.  Some of it is false.  To ensure your professional and marital survival, you do what must be done to protect yourself.  Even when it means that those who wish you harm complain that you have diminished their chances of accomplishing that harm.

Kudos to him for attempting to forestall a "Kavanaugh Moment".