Folks in the storm?

gwalchmai

alot better here then month ago with florence ,   we are getting drenched  and gusts to 40 miles an hour ,  no power outtages yet but we got flickering , thankfully this storm is moving fast   so we be in clear bout 6 pm.   i do have 2 more trees down over the pasture fence .  but florence was 10 times worse  just sitting on top of us for 3 days ,florence no power for 5 days .    few tornado warnings  the usual  .  i had everything prepared ,genny gas  ,right now just watching  tv  and talking to my youngest daughter who lives in jacksonville  , they are safe  as well . 

• Like 3

I work third shift in a large manufacturing plant.  Michael came through in the early morning hours, lots of rain and some gusty wind.  Starting about 3am, the day shift employees started blowing up my phone wanting to know if they had to come in for work.  I told them to get their lazy butts in to work.  I didn't exactly use those words, but I should have.

• Like 3

all gone here .  thank goodness not as bad as i thought at all.  power never went off but flicked a few times.  daughter and her family is safe in jacksonville , so our prayers go out to everyone that got hit,  it will be months to years  to never  for those folks,  mexico beach  is just gone.  prayers to everyone

also to a friend of mine  down there , james  if and when you get some power or make a phone call , call us  bro  worried about yall, i keep getting just beeping,  just let us know when possible  and if you read this .  

Edited by ASH
  • Like 1