The judge got mad.

Silentpoet

I took a Death Penalty class in college in 1986. A question posed to us was "If you support the death penalty, could you push the button to carry it out?" I answered yes because it seemed appropriate. I'm not going to volunteer but some of these cases definitely reaffirm that answer for me.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, G26S239 said:

I took a Death Penalty class in college in 1986. A question posed to us was "If you support the death penalty, could you push the button to carry it out?" I answered yes because it seemed appropriate. I'm not going to volunteer but some of these cases definitely reaffirm that answer for me.

In my state they the DOJ for the state puts an add in the local newspaper for an executioner every few years.  Most people don't stick with the job too long.  Maybe five or six years.

I applied.  Didn't get an interview...and had a lot of interesting thoughts about it.  Most of them...do you really want to do this?  Even if you agree with it? Ultimately, I could do it...but at the same time...glad I didn't.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, G26S239 said:

Yep!

You either believe in what you stand for, or you do not!  If you say you do then you must be willing to support those beliefs yourself.

• Like 1