New K frame

Collim1

2 hours ago, Borg warner said:

The whole idea behind the Nyclad was to use a soft swaged, not cast, lead Hollowpoint that would expand at 38 special velocities but that the nylon coating would prevent leading. I haven't heard the "cop-killer bullet" theory before but it's remotely possible because the cop=killer bullets were coated with Teflon and nylon might have ben considered similar somehow even though the bullets were made to expand and NOT penetrate.

I think the more likely cause of the demise of the Nyclad is the reason that has been repeatedly stated by Federal that they were expensive to produce and not cost effective. but the real mystery to me is why they don't produce the same soft swaged lead JHP and powder-coat them the same blue color the Nyclads were and market them as "Powder-clads" or  something.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teflon-coated_bullet

In 1982, NBC ran a television special on the bullets, wherein it was argued that the bullets were a threat to police. Various gun control organizations in the U.S. labeled Teflon-coated bullets with the epithet "cop killers" because of the supposedly increased penetration the bullets offered against ballistic vests, a staple of the American police uniform. Many erroneously focused on the Teflon coating as the source of the bullets' supposedly increased penetration, rather than the hardness of the metals used and the sharp conical projectile design

2 hours ago, sticks said:

I have a S&W K-frame Model 10-7 with a 2" barrel and a round butt which I purchased new in 1985. It has never been carried and has had only 2 rounds fired through it. Plus it is my favorite handgun; it just feels right.

You should fire a few more rounds through it and see how good it feels.