"But he has no clothes on!" or Audit of global warming data

gwalchmai

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/10/07/bombshell-audit-of-global-warming-data-finds-it-riddled-with-errors/?cn-reloaded=1

Looks like maybe "science" isn't always as "science" as it should be...

" Just ahead of a new report from the IPCC, dubbed SR#15 about to be released today, we have this bombshell- a detailed audit shows the surface temperature data is unfit for purpose. The first ever audit of the world’s most important temperature data set (HadCRUT4) has found it to be so riddled with errors and “freakishly improbable data”  that it is effectively useless. "

More at the link...

• Like 2

From the article:

"...As far as can be ascertained, this is the first audit of the HadCRUT4 dataset, the main temperature dataset used in climate assessment reports from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Governments and the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) rely heavily on the IPCC reports so ultimately the temperature data needs to be accurate and reliable.

This audit shows that it is neither of those things...."

2 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

Weren't they complaining about global cooling 50 years ago and talking about how we would need to dump huge amounts of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere if we wanted to avoid another ice age?

Yes!  And before that, they were teaching me in my grade school that the Earth had no capability to support more humans, there was no means to provide food for them all.  The population had at least doubled since then, yet I see a remarkable ability to grow food if the intelligence is available to exercise it properly.