Pope blames devil for Church divisions, scandals, seeks angel's help

Glocks4Freedom

8 hours ago, Historian said:

And a Christ's vicar on earth, I expect him to stand up against evil!

Where is that example of how the, claimed to be, most pious member of the church, is standing between his flock and the abomination that threatens them.   

If I were Catholic, I would expect him to be a better example of the will to fight any threats, to "intercede" for his church.  History says that many who were not "chosen", stood up to evil without the churches backing, yet they still stood alone!  

He is saying that he has no power or control.  what does the title Pope mean if not the leader.  What are the churches expectations of this "special" person.

6 hours ago, janice6 said:

If I were Catholic, I would expect him to be a better example of the will to fight any threats, to "intercede" for his church.  History says that many who were not "chosen", stood up to evil without the churches backing, yet they still stood alone!  

I am Catholic and I am pissed.  He is the leader of the universal church. He is the man who can trace his linage to those who followed Jesus himself.  Peter, Paul, you name it, Mark? Those men.

Lead, follow or get out the the way Pope.  I would prefer you reach down and do a package check. It takes BALLS to be a leader and confront evil.

A lot of GREAT Popes before you stood up to evil and said, "no more." Look at what Pope John Paul did to free Poland from Communism. Ronald Regan and Margaret Thatcher both said he was the greatest influence in defeating communism.

Jesus was a warrior.  Find it within you, Francis.  The world NEEDS you Francis. 

Take a stand. Do what's right! Stand up against what is clearly wrong and evil!

This...is easy. Be transparent, have a plan, work with the cops and courts, and do what is right!

Right now Sister Teresa is making you look like a sack of old socks that need to be washed.

Edited by Historian
  • Thanks 1

I am a devout Catholic, but this pope lost me when he sat down with the mass murderer Fidel Castro.  I don't have a problem with him going to Cuba to tend his flock there, but he never should have granted Castro a private audience.  He should stay out of politics and stick to popeing.

I miss Pope John Paul II.

With that said, the greatest trick Satan ever pulled was convincing the world he does not exist.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hannie Caulder said:

I am a devout Catholic, but this pope lost me when he sat down with the mass murderer Fidel Castro.  I don't have a problem with him going to Cuba to tend his flock there, but he never should have granted Castro a private audience.  He should stay out of politics and stick to popeing.

I miss Pope John Paul II.

With that said, the greatest trick Satan ever pulled was convincing the world he does not exist.

I could not agree more.

• Like 2

The Devil is an excuse for inexcusable behavior, by people looking to find someone else to blame for their antisocial behavior.  If the Devil did it, then it exonerates the person.  As claimed by the Pope.

Another form of the phrase, "It's someone else's fault".  More often a liberal excuse.

• Like 1

Well, there's no doubt that Satan desires to devour and destroy the church, but stopping the conversation at that point is a misleading half-truth.

"14 But each person is tempted when he is dragged away and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin. And sin, when it is full grown, gives birth to death."  James 1

Sounds like the pope could benefit from dusting off the Good Book a little more often.  God also promises a solution is available to His people when  temptation comes and it doesn't involve praying to angels:

"So, submit yourselves to God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you." James 4

(Emphasis added in case of poorly informed popes.)

Not to mention, if the circumstances are dire, why address the messenger instead of taking it to the top?  (Like we're supposed to: Ps. 50:15 or Hebrews 4:16).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Pope has a lot of power as the leader of his church.  Take a stand, Francis.

This one is clear cut.  Wrong is wrong.

That has been the problem forever.  When good men don't take a stand against evil...evil wins.

Jesus was the first do to it.  You stand in his footsteps.  Lead on!

Edited by Historian