Recommend a folding chair

c10bonanza

It's time to buy some new folding lawn chairs.  In the past we've always had the ubiquitous  $20 folding chair that is functional but not comfortable for extending sitting.  Recently, I've noticed a lot of people at kids' games using the new rocking style folding chair.  These have a piston on each of the back legs.  It seems that GCI is the predominate brand.   Here is a link as an example:

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/gci-outdoor-roadtrip-rocker-chair#repChildCatid=5121924

I'm about to pull the trigger and buy a couple of these, unless someone has a better recommendation.

What say ye?

The women in my family seem to like the folding chairs.  The most popular are those you posted about.

They do squeak though.  Which is funny, because at to bottom of the piston on the rocker, is a little tag that reads, oil or the chair will squeak!

39 minutes ago, janice6 said:

The women in my family seem to like the folding chairs.  The most popular are those you posted about.

They do squeak though.  Which is funny, because at to bottom of the piston on the rocker, is a little tag that reads, oil or the chair will squeak!

Thanks!  They are quite popular on the soccer and football fields in my area.  I tried on the other day and must say they are comfortable. 

But $50 a pop is kinda rich.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hawk said:

We have a couple of those piston type rocking chairs. Very comfy and easy to fold as well as unfold. Plus, there is no bag to mess with like the old bag chairs.

Thanks!  My wife prefers the folding style with the back.  Easier to lug around at kids’ games. 

• Like 1

My buddy, (he's an old crippled dude, even though we went to school together) that always has the newest, greatest chair whenever we go camping. 

His latest one has the piston/rocker, but also reclines into a lounger.  They are always of maximum comfort,  but always too bulky, heavy, and impractical for carrying around and being portable, like they are supposed to be.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, c10bonanza said:

It's time to buy some new folding lawn chairs.  In the past we've always had the ubiquitous  $20 folding chair that is functional but not comfortable for extending sitting.  Recently, I've noticed a lot of people at kids' games using the new rocking style folding chair.  These have a piston on each of the back legs.  It seems that GCI is the predominate brand.   Here is a link as an example:

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/gci-outdoor-roadtrip-rocker-chair#repChildCatid=5121924

I'm about to pull the trigger and buy a couple of these, unless someone has a better recommendation.

What say ye?

If you are using them for the kids sports, the ad you posted shows they are 13.2 pounds each, is that going to be an issue going from the car to the field with multiple chairs? 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

If you are using them for the kids sports, the ad you posted shows they are 13.2 pounds each, is that going to be an issue going from the car to the field with multiple chairs? 

Fair question, but we’ll only have two chairs.  One for me and one for my bride.  I carry more weight than that in ammo to the range!:50cal:

• Like 2