This is awesome!

Rabbi

• Administrators

I am out just driving around Texas.  I visited Eric yesterday.  Today, I am wondering around backroads.  I found myself in Lindale Texas and that is when I saw this place. 

I had to go in. Yep, a guitar and gun shop.  Really bad ass vibe in an old building.

AB688907-EC77-4FBF-9968-A04B8E22F52B.thumb.jpeg.4d6c9c6b0d7375d4c8807aad7e88ae8b.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators
1 minute ago, TXUSMC said:

My soon-to-be-home town. Been in that store... very nice, friendly owners/staff.

This is not my part of Texas but I like this area.  Tyler seems to be booming.  

• Like 1

Concur. I'll be retiring next year, and one of our sons and his family live in Lindale. Being next door to Tyler is an advantage, as Tyler is one of those cities that isn't too big, but has most of the amenities you need. Plus, I-20 pretty much is the dividing line between Lindale and Tyler. If you really want more in the way of culture (theater, concerts, museums, etc.), Dallas is not too far west.

Glad you passed through! 

• Like 1

I am out just driving around Texas.  I visited Eric yesterday.  Today, I am wondering around backroads.  I found myself in Lindale Texas and that is when I saw this place. 

I had to go in. Yep, a guitar and gun shop.  Really bad ass vibe in an old building.

AB688907-EC77-4FBF-9968-A04B8E22F52B.thumb.jpeg.4d6c9c6b0d7375d4c8807aad7e88ae8b.jpeg
Reminds me of CJ from TOS.

RIP

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

• Like 7

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, crs57 said:

Lived there for about 25 years before moving to Colorado, great school for our kids.

I could live in the Tyler area.  It would not be my first choice because it lacks a full Jewish community....but outside of that, it seems like a honey hole.  It is Texas, it is big enough to have most things, yet lots of country and it is fairly cheap living.  You are also 90 miles away from Dallas if you need really big city stuff. 

19 hours ago, Rabbi said:

I could live in the Tyler area.  It would not be my first choice because it lacks a full Jewish community....but outside of that, it seems like a honey hole.   

That would be a very cool store to visit for me.  Very odd that I can't play a guitar to save my life but I want a nice vintage one.  Just out of curiosity why is the full Jewish community important to you and your wife.  Hope that doesn't sound like a strange question.   

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Rinspeed said:

That would be a very cool store to visit for me.  Very odd that I can't play a guitar to save my life but I want a nice vintage one.  Just out of curiosity why is the full Jewish community important to you and your wife.  Hope that doesn't sound like a strange question.   

Few places have a "full" Jewish community.  So the choices are limited.   Most places have "Jews."   However,  it is usually only in places with a full Jewish community that you will have Orthodox Jews (Traditional/Chassidic/Ultra-Orthodox)     The Orthodox, while the minority of Jews in the US, are right leaning and are usually the force behind things that make a Jewish community.  Such as kosher places to eat and bakeries. Jewish schools and traditional Jewish services  and the fantastic parties that go along with some of them.  The Orthodox communities are also where most Israelis gravitate. (My wife is Israeli)    While most Israelis are secular, when they do Jewish things, it is in an orthodox manner.  There is functionally no other kind of Judaism in Israel.  (or most of the world)

The non Orthodox movements(The secular/Reform/Conservative), which are the majority in the U.S. are left leaning and their synagogues toe that line. (The Reform movement has evolved into a club for radical feminists) They also do not open kosher places (they do not care or keep kosher) nor do they usually open Jewish schools and when they do, they are going to be left leaning.   

There are a few things that serve all Jews, that exist in "Full" Jewish communities.  Various Jewish services. Jewish Community Centers (which are usually very nice and large health clubs with all the various Jewish services housed there).   

If you are Orthodox, or Orthodox affiliated (which is what I am)  In most cases you will not have any of that community outside of the full Jewish communities.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, Rabbi said:

Few places have a "full" Jewish community.  So the choices are limited.   Most places have "Jews."   However,  it is usually only in places with a full Jewish community that you will have Orthodox Jews (Traditional/Chassidic/Ultra-Orthodox)     The Orthodox, while the minority of Jews in the US, are right leaning and are usually the force behind things that make a Jewish community.  Such as kosher places to eat and bakeries. Jewish schools and traditional Jewish services  and the fantastic parties that go along with some of them.  The Orthodox communities are also where most Israelis gravitate. (My wife is Israeli)    While most Israelis are secular, when they do Jewish things, it is in an orthodox manner.  There is functionally no other kind of Judaism in Israel.  (or most of the world)

The non Orthodox movements(The secular/Reform/Conservative), which are the majority in the U.S. are left leaning and their synagogues toe that line. (The Reform movement has evolved into a club for radical feminists) They also do not open kosher places (they do not care or keep kosher) nor do they usually open Jewish schools and when they do, they are going to be left leaning.   

There are a few things that serve all Jews, that exist in "Full" Jewish communities.  Various Jewish services. Jewish Community Centers (which are usually very nice and large health clubs with all the various Jewish services housed there).   

If you are Orthodox, or Orthodox affiliated (which is what I am)  In most cases you will not have any of that community outside of the full Jewish communities.   

Geez, talk about a five dollar answer to a fifty cent question.  ?