The Drive In.

21 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

I just discovered that there's one an hour and 39 minutes away from where I live. One of only 5 in the entire state of Washington. Drive-ins wer so popular when I was in high school that on a Friday or Saturday night you'd usually see other kids from school at the drive-in snack bar during intermission. The last time I went to a drive in was about 1985.

One movie I remember seeing in 1967 was Night of the Living Dead. I went with my girlfriend and her sister and a friend of mine and we bought burritos and beers before going to the movie. about a half hour into the movie we lost our appetites for the Burritos. My girlfriend was really freaked out by that movie and I was too, a little bit, and when we got home we both drank a lot of wine to calm our nerves.

Night of the Living Dead was filmed 50 years ago in a Pittsburgh suburb and surrounding area.Chilly Billy Cardilly was in it. Lots of fun. tom. :cheers:

3 hours ago, deputy tom said:

Night of the Living Dead was filmed 50 years ago in a Pittsburgh suburb and surrounding area.Chilly Billy Cardilly was in it. Lots of fun. tom. :cheers:

I've been in the graveyard that's at the very beginning of the movie. 

"He's coming to get you Barbara!  He's coming to get you!"

I know where the house was.  They said it sat abandoned for decades,  but it was a huge party hang-out, so they tore it down.

It was just the cellar until not that long ago but someone filled it up and built a new house on the site.

• Like 1

We've got three within an hour drive.

Galaxy Drive-in down in Ennis

Coyote Drive-in in Fort Worth

Coyote Drive-in in Lewisville

Galaxy is totally down home country. Six bucks to get in for a double feature, greasy corn dogs and funnel cake, giant sized popcorn... and cheap.

The two Coyote offerings are more upscale and a little more pricey. Much cleaner, with a fully stocked bar including liquor and craft beers. Clean restrooms and higher quality food.

The Fort Worth one overlooks downtown, and it's really pretty at night.

The Lewisville is similar, but farther out in the country. I've heard it's currently closed due to storm damage from the last few weeks.

They've both got live music as well.

Nice, wholesome family entertainment.

Went to one outside of Pullman, WA when I was a kid.  Parents would take me in our pale yellow 1961 Ford Ranchwagon.

Great memories!

When I lived in Iowa in the 90's, there was one outside of Newton that we would go to.

It was nice because instead of the giant metal speaker you stuck in your window, you just tuned your radio to a specific frequency.