Boogieman

My 870. 25 years in the making.

I bought this 870 Police Magnum about 25 years ago.  I used her for one course at Thunder Ranch and never fired her again.  But a few months ago I realized that I didn't have a non-hunting shotgun so I dragged her out.  Added a Vang follower, Scattergun Tech safety, XS Big Dot front sight, a side saddle and a butt cuff.  Now I'm just waiting for someone to break in.  I found that butt cuff on Ebay for $18 shipped from somewhere in Eastern Europe.  Other than the recoil pad there's no plastic in her.

870_Right.jpg

870_Left.jpg

870_RR.jpg

870_LR.jpg

• Like 5

I haven’t gotten into tactical shotgunning yet. Would this be considered one of the better choices?

As nice as many of the modern tactical shotguns are, I’ll always prefer the old steel and wood pump-guns. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:25 AM, DUBSY said:

I haven’t gotten into tactical shotgunning yet. Would this be considered one of the better choices?

As long as it's a Remington made before 2007 when th company was taken over by Cerebus Capital Management AKA "The Freedom Group".

Eventually I want to get a Benneli Super 90 without the 5 round limitation or the FN LE model.

On 9/26/2018 at 9:25 AM, DUBSY said:

Yes, this would be one of the better choices.

The M870 is a standard police weapon, and it has a lot of aftermarket items that you can add. This is the factory tactical model from Remington.

https://www.remington.com/shotguns/pump-action/model-870/model-870-express-tactical

870ExpressTactical81198_0.jpg

Edited by Suspect Unknown

The only thing I don't like about 870's is the location of the safety.  Other than that, they are great.