My 870. 25 years in the making.

Boogieman

I bought this 870 Police Magnum about 25 years ago.  I used her for one course at Thunder Ranch and never fired her again.  But a few months ago I realized that I didn't have a non-hunting shotgun so I dragged her out.  Added a Vang follower, Scattergun Tech safety, XS Big Dot front sight, a side saddle and a butt cuff.  Now I'm just waiting for someone to break in.  I found that butt cuff on Ebay for $18 shipped from somewhere in Eastern Europe.  Other than the recoil pad there's no plastic in her.

870_Right.jpg

870_Left.jpg

870_RR.jpg

870_LR.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/26/2018 at 9:25 AM, DUBSY said:

I haven’t gotten into tactical shotgunning yet. Would this be considered one of the better choices?

Yes, this would be one of the better choices.

The M870 is a standard police weapon, and it has a lot of aftermarket items that you can add. This is the factory tactical model from Remington.

https://www.remington.com/shotguns/pump-action/model-870/model-870-express-tactical

870ExpressTactical81198_0.jpg

Edited by Suspect Unknown
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hhmmm....Well, not 25 years in the "making", but at least a good 10-15 years after the shop closed.  My spouse built a "bucket-gun" from a bucket full of old wingmaster parts that were out in the barn; only thing bought was an end-cap.  Since then, I added an extended tube and a barrel w/ rifle sights. 

:wink:

['Course that was some time back.  I don't own a single firearm or cartridge these days.]

• Like 1