Florida used car dealerships suck ass

crockett

I sold my GMC truck a few days ago because GM pissed me off, I don't need a truck right now, and I wanted the equity in my broker account. So I started searching for a used car, found a good deal on a 2015 VW Sportwagen TDI.

Several calls, texts and emails with the sales person later, and this ****** slaps $1,337 dealer fees on a $13,598 vehicle.

Totally insane.

While many dealerships are a pain in the ass, I think I need to get out of the scam land that Florida is.

Just pulled up some reviews. They have a **** ton of positive reviews on Google going back 1 months. Then I found out that they just opened a week ago. With other words, they have been faking positive reviews way before they even sold their first car.

A sister location of the same company has 77 complaints with BBB and over 100 negative reviews with Yelp. Go figure. Typical South Florida scum!

Buying a new or used car these days is pure stress. Every time they are trying to **** you over with some fees, financing bullshit, undisclosed damages or backoffice tricks. I hate car dealers.

Is this any better in your state..? Any tips or tricks..?

Edited by crockett

13 minutes ago, crockett said:

I sold my GMC truck a few days ago because GM pissed me off, I don't need a truck right now, and I wanted the equity in my broker account. So I started searching for a used car, found a good deal on a 2015 VW Sportwagen TDI.

Several calls, texts and emails with the sales person later, and this ****** slaps $1,337 dealer fees on a $13,598 vehicle.

Totally insane.

While many dealerships are a paint in the ass, I think I need to get out of the scam land that Florida is.

Just pulled up some reviews. They have a **** ton of positive reviews on Google going back 1 months. Then I found out that they just opened a week ago. With other words, they have been faking positive reviews way before they even sold their first car.

A sister location of the same company has 77 complaints with BBB and over 100 negative reviews with Yelp. Go figure. Typical South Florida scum!

Buying a new or used car these days is pure stress. Every time they are trying to **** you over with some fees, financing bullshit, undisclosed damages or backoffice tricks. I hate car dealers.

Is this any better in your state..? Any tips or tricks..?

Whatever you are looking for check out a dealer that sells higher end cars.  An Audi dealership really doesn't want a traded in Camry on it's lot.   And as you obviously know, you can't be afraid to hurt a salesman's feelings and just walk away.  Mostly because they don't have feelings.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

Whatever you are looking for check out a dealer that sells higher end cars.  An Audi dealership really doesn't want a traded in Camry on it's lot.   And as you obviously know, you can't be afraid to hurt a salesman's feelings and just walk away.  Mostly because they don't have feelings.

We bought the wife's current car from a Honda dealer in Anderson.  The last two before that were from one in Easley that IMO has a better service department.

My wife doesn't want to take the new one to the Easley dealer because she doesn't want them to know we went somewhere else.  

Hell - I want them to know.  Let them know they don't have a monopoly on my business.  If you don't have what I want at the price I'm willing to pay, I'll go somewhere else and find it.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

This is good advise. They are not looking for a friend. Most lots want to make a minimum of $2000 per auto. This is understandable. They have overhead. Tell them you will buy the car, but you are not paying fees for paperwork. This is an old school trick that most dealerships do not use anymore. We still have one in OKC that tries to charge fees, but everyone knows that they are crooks.

• Thanks 1

There is a place in PA called Blue Knob Auto Sales. He buys at auction. He moves inventory. Take a look,  I have heard good things about the place. www.blueknobauto.com

Another new one, carvana. No idea what they are about other than they deliver to house or you go to a 12 story vending machine put your token in and the car you bought comes out.

Edited by ARP
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, ARP said:

There is a place in PA called Blue Knob Auto Sales. He buys at auction. He moves inventory. Take a look,  I have heard good things about the place. www.blueknobauto.com

Another new one, carvana. No idea what they are about other than they deliver to house or you go to a 12 story vending machine put your token in and the car you bought comes out.

My son bought a car from Blue Knob. Good people to deal with if you are willing to drive that far for a used car (94.4 miles). I prefer a few dealers close to home. YMMV. tom.

Edited by deputy tom
added distance
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

You could have left off the 'Florida' part. ALL used car dealers suck ass. All of them. New ones too. 

Or left out the "car dealers" part.

Generally, Florida is America's wank. I post this from roughly mid-shaft.

Things are gonna get real interesting around election day. we have a true champion of the gimmedat crowd running.

• Sad 1

Now this clown of a salesman is spam flooding me with all kinds of bullshit via email and text. Off to the blocked list it goes.

I checked CarMax, they are basically $2k over market price around here.

By the way, if this commie Gillum makes it in November, I WILL BE OUTTA HERE within a couple months. That ****** announced an AR ban first thing. **** that ****. Will take my money and taxes somewhere else. Prescott AR and Wyoming are very high on that list.

Blue wave my ass.

I think I call a few brokers tomorrow and find a guy who buys what I want on an auction. No need to pay a middleman con artist $3k for a lousy detailing job and oil change.

If that doesn't work out, I'll get a none GM truck again. Really love single cab diesel. All it needs is a delete, tune, short-bed mod, lift and wheels...

Image4.png

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, crockett said:

Now this clown of a salesman is spam flooding me with all kinds of bull**** via email and text. Off to the blocked list it goes.

I checked CarMax, they are basically $2k over market price around here.

By the way, if this commie Gillum makes it in November, I WILL BE OUTTA HERE within a couple months. That ****er announced an AR ban first thing. **** that ****. Will take my money and taxes somewhere else. Prescott AR and Wyoming are very high on that list.

Blue wave my ass.

I think I call a few brokers tomorrow and find a guy who buys what I want on an auction. No need to pay a middleman con artist $3k for a lousy detailing job and oil change.

If that doesn't work out, I'll get a none GM truck again. Really love single cab diesel. All it needs is a delete, tune, short-bed mod, lift and wheels...

Image4.png

Use his information and contact info to set up a gay dating profile. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Blue Knob sounds like the name for a gay bar.

There is a ski area there, of course called Blue Knob. A guy I worked with from Montana said Blue Knob was the coldest place he had ever gone skiing. Something else may have turned blue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARP said:

There is a ski area there, of course called Blue Knob. A guy I worked with from Montana said Blue Knob was the coldest place he had ever gone skiing. Something else may have turned blue.

Afterwards they all head on over to the Blue Oyster for a few drinks and a little dancing.

• Like 1

when we bought our 2014  kia sorrento   i found dealer who was offering life time engine and tranny warranty.   i told dealer what i want what i was and wasnt going do or pay  .  dealer was about hour away , i drove down wrote the check he quoted on phone and we drove home .   

never be afraid to walk away  , i told him i will drive an hour for the price i want  and i can come back home an hour without it .