The toilet industry is screwing me.

38 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

Our house (built in the 50's) still has the original toilets.  The one in the basement was built for steelworkers.  You don't want to be sitting on it when you flush it.  It'll suck the cat from the next room.

The old Pittsburgh Toilet. tom. :cowboy2:

image.png.7eaa81e3dc58df1428da3c10149d0441.png

Edited by deputy tom
added pic

1 hour ago, Huaco Kid said:

Our house (built in the 50's) still has the original toilets.  The one in the basement was built for steelworkers.  You don't want to be sitting on it when you flush it.  It'll suck the cat from the next room.

That must be the "Excavator" style.

A friend has a black toilet. It's strange poopin' there. Plus, when it's dark, and you're a little drunk, I always worry about falling into that dang thing. can't see it in low light!

I prefer low and long terlits. The one in my house right now is low and round. Not a fan of the hi-rise ones. Being a little longer in the torso than the legs, the low ones just fit better. Next house I build will probably have a low one for me and a hi-rise for the missus.

In white, of course.
Round toilets should be outlawed.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My parents house (where we grew up) had bathtubs, sinks and toilets in matching colour.  One was baby blue.  Another was pink.  The third was a dark leafy-veggy green.  Tiles in the bathroom matched the equipment.    
I have a purple bathroom. The kids love it so I don't care.
  • Like 3

Mine are Ivory and one Blue.  Try finding toilet seats to match..  Good luck.  Mine are the old 3 gallon flushers hot rodded to around 4.  I have my own well so no shortage of water.  The simple pleasures in life, Hot Rodding your toilets.  Al Bundy would be proud....

DrB..

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PATCHMAN said:

Where are the walls to this facility?  And the light source?  When you do your business, you need some privacy and also properly lit for reading.  

I have used toilets up on the slope that were just sandwiched between a bunch of piping.  Just glad to have a porcelain toilet rather than a ****-a-can.

Ah terlets.

Yesterday, Mrs N and I stopped at Lowes to pick up a new flapper valve for our one piece terlet in the 1/2 bath.  So many to choose from, luckily I bought one that fits.  Said it was "Universal".  Yeah, I've been down that road before.

And those water savers?  Require multiple flushes.  How is that saving water? 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RugerCat78 said:

On the topic of older bathrooms in odd colors, This Old House Magazine has a remodel in this month’s issue where they kept the pink and black tile. It looks really good. If you’re in line at Lowe’s or Home Depit, check it out on page 57.

See? That's why I love this place. A public safety announcement/heads-up on a coolness.

High-five Ruger Cat! :highfive:

• Like 1

"WINDSOR, ONTARIO -- Americans are crossing the Canadian border near Detroit to purchase 3.5-gallon-per-flush toilets." 

That is correct: Canada has become a major supplier of illegal 3.5-gallon toilets. These toilets were banned by Congress in 1992 under the Energy Policy and Conservation Act, which decreed that henceforth U.S. citizens had to buy 1.6-gallon toilets, which would conserve a lot of water if they worked, which unfortunately most of them don't, the result being that U.S. citizens now spend more time flushing their toilets than on all other forms of exercise combined.

• Like 1