I Don't Remember The Last Time...

Eric

• Administrators

I don't remember the last time I dialed a number on a phone with an actual dial, or even buttons.

I don't remember the last time I stood in, or even saw a phone booth.

I don't remember the last time I used the yellow pages. Actually, I don't remember the last time I even had one.

I don't remember the last time I bought a can of oil for my car and leaked oil all over my exhaust manifold, because the damned spout you puncture the can with leaked. I have never had one, including several new ones, that didn't leak. Bastards.

How about you? Keep 'em coming.

• Like 7

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

When was the last time you used an outhouse? (calling Hannie, btw) 

I'll never forget that day. It was about three weeks after I bought the Kimber CDP Custom that I carry. I was at a small mining village in the central highlands of Arizona. I went to the out house and did my business. I left the Kimber in its holster, because there was nowhere I cared to lay it down. When I stood up, it fell out of its holster and landed on the rim of the fiberglass outhouse toilet set shell. It teetered on the edge for what seemed like a 100 years and then fell into the dirt at my feet. I don't know what I would have done, if it had fallen in. Probably got myself a magnet on a string and gone fishing, I guess.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Administrators

I don't remember the last time I licked S&H Green Stamps and stuck them in the booklets, or poured over the Green Stamp prize merchandise catalog.

I don't remember the last time I held a Sear & Roebuck catalog. That used to be a pretty important part of most folks' lives.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

When was the last time you used an outhouse? (calling Hannie, btw) 

Actually, I do remember this (vividly).  I was working at a remote "Non-Magnetic facility way out in the boondocks, developing a Super Conducting Submarine Sensor and since we were isolated, we had a porta-Potty.  We were working there for a couple of years.  I remember -10 degrees and using the "facilities". 

Management was concerned that we might not be "working" as hard since it was "away from the plant", "Out of sight, out of mind!".  I invited them to come visit anytime. They could also use the Bathroom facilities in the Winter with us.  No one took me up on it.

Edited by janice6
  • Haha 3

I forget how long ago I used engineering or component "reference texts".  Everything is on the Internet these days.

With the availability of Math Programs, I haven't heard anyone talk about using Logarithms for many years.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I forget how long ago I used engineering or component "reference texts".  Everything is on the Internet these days.

With the availability of Math Programs, I haven't heard anyone talk about using Logarithms for many years.

I speak logarithms.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Eric said:

I'll never forget that day. It was about three weeks after I bought the Kimber CDP Custom that I carry. I was at a small mining village in the central highlands of Arizona. I went to the out house and did my business. I left the Kimber in its holster, because there was nowhere I cared to lay it down. When I stood up, it fell out of its holster and landed on the rim of the fiberglass outhouse toilet set shell. It teetered on the edge for what seemed like a 100 years and then fell into the dirt at my feet. I don't know what I would have done, if it had fallen in. Probably got myself a magnet on a string and gone fishing, I guess.

Well, I will tell you how a girl handled it at a State IDPA match when she dropped her blaster in the Porta-Potty;  in case it happens to you again. She was the Match Director and I was the Asst, MD.

She double-gloved her hand  with 30 gallon garbage bags and went fishing.  She got it back, but used a back-up gun to finish the match.

She is a pretty hardcore shooter; sponsored by Beretta for a while.

This is her and Hackathorn in Idaho.

ashhack.jpg.95ce0f5a67c1b0dbf5952f35b9cda8f5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't remember the last time I used my IBM S/370 Quick Reference .

It was a yellow thing, folded up four pages into the right size for a shirt pocket.

Or a CRC pocket math reference.

Or changed the channel on a television set without using the remote control.

Or,what had for lunch yesterday.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

Well, I will tell you how a girl handled it at a State IDPA match when she dropped her blaster in the Porta-Potty;  in case it happens to you again. She was the Match Director and I was the Asst, MD.

She double-gloved her hand  with 30 gallon garbage bags and went fishing.  She got it back, but used a back-up gun to finish the match.

Nasty. She should have used the port-a-potty gun. She could have truthfully said that she spent the afternoon shooting the **** with you.

I was in an outhouse that had been in service many years. God knows how deep that thing was. I am very glad I did not have to find out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, tous said:

I can't remember the last time I used my IBM S/370 Quick Reference .

It was a yellow thing, folded up four pages into the right size for a shirt pocket.

Or a CRC pocket math reference.

Or changed the channel on a television set without using the remote control.

Or,what had for lunch yesterday.

I learned to program RPGIII and COBOL on an IBM System/36.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

When was the last time you saw a car with an ashtray

crank window vents

crank windows for that matter

two ply or four ply tires

an exhaust/muffler shop

i worked at a Murphy Mart auto center in high school. Most of our income was oil changes, tires, exhaust pipes and muffler work, brake jobs (disc and drum) and tune ups with plug wires, points, and spark plugs.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

Looks like Gail Peppin/Ayoob