Any FDE or OD Green Gen 5s spotted yet?

PNWguy

Am leaning heavily towards a G26 or G27 for my next pistol purchase and if the new G26 gen 5 is available in non-black, that may sway my vote over a G27 Gen 4.

How about any rumors of any new gen 5s in .40 S&W? 

I'd ask on DFU (Dumpster Fire Underground; AKA GT) but I avoid the place like the plague.

5 hours ago, Quickling said:

I wish they would offer a G26 in the same factory colors as the 19x

I wish they would offer the G19x in the same normal black factory color as the G26.

As far as Gen 5's in 40, 357, 45, and 10mm calibers, I figure Glock has to work out the locking block reinforcement issue, and yet recently Glock has produced a number of what appears to be Gen 5 2-pin G-22's for a Brazilian Police contract.

Edited by Borg warner

10 hours ago, Maccabeus said:

I'm less concerned about color and just wishing I could get through a box of ammo without my G26.5 jamming.  And that's after sending it in to Glock for whatever mysterious unspecified repairs they allegedly did.

That sucks!  It's obviously you and not the gun.  Wait, keep forgetting this isn't DFU where Glocks never fail and every single issue is the shooter's fault...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, PNWguy said:

That sucks!  It's obviously you and not the gun.  Wait, keep forgetting this isn't DFU where Glocks never fail and every single issue is the shooter's fault...

Funny thing is, I'd be willing to consider operator error based on the nature of the jams that could be symptomatic of limp wristing; however, not only does that fly in the face of my experience on my other 3 Glocks, but I've been using the exact same boxes of ammo to feed my G26.5, G26.3, and G43 and shooting them side by side with only the gen 5 acting up.

I wish I could blame it on a FDE paint job, but sadly, all my Glocks are in shades of black.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...