Rimfire Conversions of all Sorts

Andyd

For some reason I love rimfire conversions and want to share  a few of them with you here. First is a Bienlein .22 l.r. conversion for revolvers, it comes with three barrel inserts that can be used in two to three, four inch, and six inch barrels. Next is an older Colt conversation with the floating chamber that fortifies recoil. While not the most accurate conversion, mine is reliable and can land all shots in the black at 25 yards. The third one is a Kurt Peters Stahl unit for the Swiss P210. It is as accuarate as my Haemmerli 208. Somewhere I also have conversation shells for 12 gauge for .38 Special and .22 l.r.

Show us your rimfire conversions.

ConversionII.jpg

1911 Ace.jpg

KPS003.jpg

• Like 1

Years ago I had a Colt .22 LR conversion kit for a 1911 .45 ACP.  It was pretty accurate and you did feel the recoil, but not as much as the .45 created.  Both units were sold years ago - wish I still had them.

I currently have a Colt .22 conversion kit for an AR 5.56 and a few spare mags. Works very well and fun to shoot.

• Like 2

I had bought an Advantage Arms .22 conversion for a Glock 30 about twelve years ago that was less accurate than the gun in .45 ACP with my reloads and was 65% reliable at best. While all other reports about AA are positive, mine just wasn't great.

Here is the 12 gauge to .22 rimfire conversion. It is an aluminium body with a steel barrel offset inside. I have the same conversion cartridge in 12g to .38 Special.

Lothar_Walther_12.22_1.jpg

LOTHAR_Walther_12.22_2.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

also have the Ciener 22 platinum kit for my Taurus PT 1911 has adjustable sights and runs flawlessly with all 22 brands of ammo, interesting previous post with the barrel inserts, ( also considered a conversions )  I own a Taurus judge .45 colt .410 and have acquired barrel inserts for it in .22, 17 HMR, .22 magnum, .380 many others available makes the handgun a very versatile firearm, take to the range and have many options to bang away with. The rifled inserts are fairly accurate as the smooth bore are just fun to shoot ....

I like the 1911 Rimfire Conversions. Over the years I have acquired 4 of these. My favorite is the Colt Service Ace "U" series 1938. It is mounted on a 1911 WWII Ithaca frame.  These uppers have the floating chamber creating about a 9MM recoil firing CCI Stingers. The Stingers can be fired hundreds of times without the chamber freezing up with lead.  No, these are not target pistols, but they were to replicate the 1911 .45ACP for training GIs during 3 wars. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2018 at 6:56 AM, Andyd said:

For some reason I love rimfire conversions and want to share  a few of them with you here. First is a Bienlein .22 l.r. conversion for revolvers, it comes with three barrel inserts that can be used in two to three, four inch, and six inch barrels. Next is an older Colt conversation with the floating chamber that fortifies recoil. While not the most accurate conversion, mine is reliable and can land all shots in the black at 25 yards. The third one is a Kurt Peters Stahl unit for the Swiss P210. It is as accuarate as my Haemmerli 208. Somewhere I also have conversation shells for 12 gauge for .38 Special and .22 l.r.

Show us your rimfire conversions.

ConversionII.jpg

1911 Ace.jpg

KPS003.jpg

That revolver conversion is awesome.  How does the insert secure into the barrel without interfering with the cylinder?  I googled it and all I got back was this thread.

When you look at the barrel right underneath the Colt, you can see that there is a conical device. The conversion barrel is inserted from the front, then the conical part that is fitted to the forcing cone is screwed on. Now the screw in front is tightened. It works pretty well and is more accurate than the Colt conversion which only works well with copper plated HV ammo. Loading and unloading the cartridges sucks, though.

cyl barrel.JPG

cartr_close.JPG

barrel.JPG

Several months ago, I picked up an older stainless Ruger revolver in .22lr, which I have tons of.  I thought it would be a good training tool, instead of having to order tons of .38/.357 for the kids to eat through, while working on the hold and function of a revolver.