S&W Bodyguard from 1972

Andyd

I love revolvers but usually carry compact Glocks but sometimes a Glock is a little bit large and heavy. While there are so many sub compact carry pistols and revolvers have flooded the market in the last decade, this 46 year old airweight revolver still does its work. I have Nill grips for it but it makes the gun a a tad too large for comfortable pocket carry and so the small service grips are on it. I find the biggest problem with short and small grip[s not so much the discomfort when I am shooting it but that it is harder to positively grip and draw the gun but can draw and shoot this gun with confidence.

Who else is carrying an old gun? And remember, without photos embedded in the post, it just did not happen.

Bodyguard l.JPG

Bodyguard r.JPG

• Like 2

I still carry mine now and then with nyclads or silvertips, went with wad cutters for a while. I bought a nickle plated airweight in about '82, then soon traded it for a new 649 bodyguard in stainless. I liked the airweight, but a friend of mine also had an older one in nickle, his started to peel around the cylinder release a bit from pocket carry. I'm sure it was sweat related as he didn't use a holster back then. My stainless 649 still looks brand new, but the weight sucks compared to the airweight. 

Nice 60-7! What is the best source for Tyler T-Grips nowadays? I remember that there were problems when there was a generation change in their business. I got my oldest son his carry gun, a 642, around 2006 also slightly used and recently got him a G26 as a carry gun.

SW 642.jpg

• Like 1

I ordered that set from the company and they took a while to arrive because the guy running it at the time had heart issues. It was Brian circa 2010 IIRC and I think the younger generation took over. Here is their site  http://www.t-grips.com 

It's hit and miss with ever getting a link to work here.

Edited by G26S239
  • Like 1