Netflix's Jack Ryan - Sucks - MAJOR SPOILERS Here

AerynSun2

If you don't want spoilers - STOP READING.

I hate it when what could be a good show does stupid things and ruins the "suspension of disbelief".

Here are some of the stupid things in Netfix's Jack Ryan.

Jack chasing a wounded limping terrorist, the brother of the main terrorist, after a bombing - Jack is in great shape physically, yet he can not catch the limping terrorist who is 30 feet away.  Nor can he shoot him because people got in the way.

In a flashback we see Jack in Afghanistan.  His Marine team were evacuating via helicopter some friendlies who the Telaban  marked for death.  Jack decides to take some unknown 9 year old boy with him, just because the boy asked Jack a lot.   The boy gets in the helicopter pulls out a hand grende and blows up the copter, killing many.

The wife and 2 of the children have been saved by Jack and moved to the USA.  The person in charge to watch them gives one of the girls a hand held computer to play a game.  She uses it to message her brother in Syria who is with the main terrorist - their father.  He sees that his wife and daughters are with the Americans and gets out of his hideout, just before the special forces arrive. 

The CIA knows the main terrorist is playing with Ebola.   The CIA raids the hide out and finds American doctors - 12 in total.  The CIA takes the doctors to meet the president - YES - the doctors have EBOA!

It could have been a good show but it is rather mediocre. 

I waited to read this until I was done. Thanks for the "spoilers" alert.

I thought it well done overall. Perfect? No. Very few if any action series are done completely realistically. I'd grade it above average and I'm looking forward to season two. IF I stay with Amazon Prime, but that's a wholly different issue.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished the first season.  I enjoyed it.  Were there parts that strained believability?  Sure.  But what movie/series doesn’t?  

I’m ready for season two.  I thought it was well cast and fast moving, with the necessary minimal amounts of non-action drama.  I give it 3.5 stars out of 5

• Like 2

On 9/14/2018 at 9:43 PM, Silentpoet said:

What I liked was the episode where they raid the terrorists in france and do not have anybody watching the back.  They don't check bodies brought in the compound for breathing.  They turned Greer into a muslim.  ETC. 

Greer being a muslim was a surprise.