Random Political/Social Posting

Eric

2 hours ago, Dric902 said:

HOUSTON, TX—Fresh off his afternoon nap, presidential candidate Joe Biden gave a fiery, high-energy speech in Houston today, claiming to be the only candidate who could beat incumbent Ronald Reagan.

"I am the only candidate who can unite the party to defeat Reagan," he said to scattered applause. "When Super Thursday hits here in a few weeks, we can rally the 150 million Democrats here in the great country of Texas to vote for me so we can get Reagan 

I watched my mother go through dementia for at least five years. Not something I could wish on Biden and his family - or any others for that matter. 

And didn’t Reagan develop Alzheimer’s (a specific subset of dementia) a few years after leaving the White House?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Replies 111.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

I watched my mother go through dementia for at least five years. Not something I could wish on Biden and his family - or any others for that matter. 

And didn’t Reagan develop Alzheimer’s (a specific subset of dementia) a few years after leaving the White House?

Actually there was some question whether Reagan's wife was making some decisions Towards he end of his term, that he was incapable of with his onset of Alzheimer's.  Not publicly announced until after he left office.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Actually there was some question whether Reagan's wife was making some decisions Towards he end of his term, that he was incapable of with his onset of Alzheimer's.  Not publicly announced until after he left office.

Woodrow Wilson’s wife is considered by some to have been presidential during his final years in office. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Reagan did, indeed. The difference is that Nancy Reagan and many of his friends went to great lengths to never let President Reagan be photographed or filmed in his decline. The Reagans preferred to have him remembered as he was when he was in office. He explained his condition to us all thusly:

Nov. 5, 1994

My Fellow Americans,

I have recently been told that I am one of the millions of Americans who will be afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease.

Upon learning this news, Nancy and I had to decide whether as private citizens we would keep this a private matter or whether we would make this news known in a public way.

In the past Nancy suffered from breast cancer and I had my cancer surgeries. We found through our open disclosures we were able to raise public awareness. We were happy that as a result many more people underwent testing. 

They were treated in early stages and able to return to normal, healthy lives.

So now, we feel it is important to share it with you. In opening our hearts, we hope this might promote greater awareness of this condition. Perhaps it will encourage a clearer understanding of the individuals and families who are affected by it.

At the moment I feel just fine. I intend to live the remainder of the years God gives me on this earth doing the things I have always done. I will continue to share life's journey with my beloved Nancy and my family. I plan to enjoy the great outdoors and stay in touch with my friends and supporters.

Unfortunately, as Alzheimer's Disease progresses, the family often bears a heavy burden. I only wish there was some way I could spare Nancy from this painful experience. When the time comes I am confident that with your help she will face it with faith and courage.

In closing let me thank you, the American people for giving me the great honor of allowing me to serve as your President. When the Lord calls me home, whenever that may be, I will leave with the greatest love for this country of ours and eternal optimism for its future.

I now begin the journey that will lead me into the sunset of my life. I know that for America there will always be a bright dawn ahead.

Thank you, my friends. May God always bless you.

Sincerely, 

Ronald Reagan

Why the Democrats chose to allow Biden to embarrass himself is yet another mystery of their making.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 4/11/2020 at 6:37 AM, Dric902 said:

Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said Friday that his country will cut its crude oil output by 100,000 barrels per day, joining OPEC and other producers in efforts to stabilize the market.

Lopez Obrador, speaking at his daily press briefing, said President Trump “generously” offered for the U.S. to reduce output by an additional 250,000 barrels a day, according to The Wall Street Journal.

OPEC was hoping Mexico would lower its output by 400,000 barrels a day, and the country's initial delay in joining the pact had jeopardized the arrangement.

"The United States will help Mexico along and they'll reimburse us some time at a later date when they're pepared to do so," Trump said at a press conference on Friday.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/mexico-ends-oil-standoff-with-opec

why is it when they cut production, it’s to “stabilize the market”. But when they increase production it’s “in response to rising demand”

The world’s biggest oil producers on Sunday agreed to historic production cuts, representing almost 10 percent of global supply, putting an end to a price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia.

West Texas Intermediate, the U.S. benchmark, was up 3.9 percent at $23.64 a barrel at 1:20 am ET Monday, after falling by 3.2 percent shortly after the open. Brent crude, the international benchmark, was higher by 3.9 percent at $32.70.

“We took the responsive and responsible action to focus on adjusting crude oil production by 10 mb/d beginning on 1 May 2020

The U.S., Canada and Brazil will lower their output by about 3.7 million barrels per day, but some of that could come in the form of market-driven losses, according to The Wall Street Journal. Mexico, will lower its production by 100,000 barrels per day– less than the 400,000 that Saudi Arabia was originally seeking.

“The big Oil Deal with OPEC Plus is done,” Trump tweeted Sunday afternoon. “This will save hundreds of thousands of energy jobs in the United States.”
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/oil-price-opec-saudi-arabia-russia-trump-deal

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Reagan did, indeed. The difference is that Nancy Reagan and many of his friends went to great lengths to never let President Reagan be photographed or filmed in his decline. The Reagans preferred to have him remembered as he was when he was in office. He explained his condition to us all thusly:

Why the Democrats chose to allow Biden to embarrass himself is yet another mystery of their making.

Biden is running on the sole claim that he isn't the "other guy".  The Democratic party is pushing him for the same reason.  They have no successes to claim for the ballot box.  They have spent their whole time simply hating Trump and blocking him in the house, to the extent they now have no platform. 

Their newest claim to fame will be that they blame him for the Virus, for the response to it, for the economy failing, and the food chain breaking down.  They have done nothing and proposed nothing, except pushing for a "lock down" because when the Public is away the Liberals will play. 

They have done nothing for us, through Trump's administration except block everything, the Republican's aren't much better.  Now the country is close to collapse and the Democrats will want to play more politics, rather  than try to join in an effort to recover.

Elections mean more to liberals/Democrats than the people.  They haven't learned that power and control is nothing without the people.  The are in danger of fatally crippling their party because of their hate for one man, Trump.

Edited by janice6
  • Thanks 1