Jump to content
Eric

Random Political/Social Posting

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

ca250263f4bf19b9.png?1585491807

It seems that there will always be the conflict between parents who want to live their lives as they see fit, and children who want someone to solve their problems for them, and take away the need for them to commit to life's choices.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

eca0b16125f742ea.jpeg?1585505348

This is a problem that society found a solution to long, long, ago!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

8f129aa2a538c28d.jpeg?1585505172

Hillary's post shows that she still doesn't understand that when promised "America First", The choice left her out of the solution since she promised, "America Last".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cancer Center Fires Executive Who Demanded Trump Supporters Be Left To Die Of Coronavirus

"Laura Krolczyk, a former staffer for Hillary Clinton when Clinton was in the Senate, and a former aide to Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), was Roswell Park’s vice president for external affairs until Saturday when she made the fateful post, bashing Trump over his refusal to pay General Motors far above market price for ventilators (Trump later ordered GM and its supplier, Ventec, to produce the medical necessities under the Defense Production Act).

Krolczyk was initially placed on an administrative leave while Roswell park investigated the incident. She was let go at some point on Saturday, according to a statement released by the cancer center, which distanced itself from and disavowed Krolcyzk’s commentary.

The other woman involved in the exchange, Lisa LaTrovato, a “development director” for Hauptman Woodward Medical Research Institute, has also been placed on leave."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/cancer-center-fires-executive-who-demanded-trump-supporters-be-left-to-die-of-coronavirus/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Cancer Center Fires Executive Who Demanded Trump Supporters Be Left To Die Of Coronavirus

"Laura Krolczyk, a former staffer for Hillary Clinton when Clinton was in the Senate, and a former aide to Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), was Roswell Park’s vice president for external affairs until Saturday when she made the fateful post, bashing Trump over his refusal to pay General Motors far above market price for ventilators (Trump later ordered GM and its supplier, Ventec, to produce the medical necessities under the Defense Production Act).

Krolczyk was initially placed on an administrative leave while Roswell park investigated the incident. She was let go at some point on Saturday, according to a statement released by the cancer center, which distanced itself from and disavowed Krolcyzk’s commentary.

The other woman involved in the exchange, Lisa LaTrovato, a “development director” for Hauptman Woodward Medical Research Institute, has also been placed on leave."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/cancer-center-fires-executive-who-demanded-trump-supporters-be-left-to-die-of-coronavirus/

Hate has different consequences than a difference of opinion.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rhode Island has started to deploy its National Guard to go door-to-door to find New Yorkers and make sure they stay quarantined for 14 days after fleeing their home state. 

The National Guard was deployed in the state on Saturday to enforce the quarantine order for travelers from New York in addition to Rhode Island closing nonessential businesses. Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo issued an order Friday for Rhode Island State Police to pull over vehicles with New York license plates and to make sure anyone from the state follows the quarantine.
 
‘“I hear ya knockin’ but you can’t come in”
 
didn’t we fight a revolution once?
 
.
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

a37cfa5eaf788018.jpg?1585565475

To be fair, both sides are guilty, but the ultimate blame goes to us, the voters. :(

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

a37cfa5eaf788018.jpg?1585565475

This from people that worry more about what they support than the public they represent.  Remember this at the polls.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

b80a1ed4912747a7.jpeg?1585583339

We would all be better off if he were in that trash can along with his politics against this country.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Rhode Island has started to deploy its National Guard to go door-to-door to find New Yorkers and make sure they stay quarantined for 14 days after fleeing their home state. 

The National Guard was deployed in the state on Saturday to enforce the quarantine order for travelers from New York in addition to Rhode Island closing nonessential businesses. Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo issued an order Friday for Rhode Island State Police to pull over vehicles with New York license plates and to make sure anyone from the state follows the quarantine.
 
‘“I hear ya knockin’ but you can’t come in”
 
didn’t we fight a revolution once?
 
.

Apparently we shot too many from the wrong side.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

President Trump should use the Line Item Veto as a necessary emergency measure!  Make the democrats scream and take him to court but ignore them until he restores the country and the economy.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mongo said:

President Trump should use the Line Item Veto as a necessary emergency measure!  Make the democrats scream and take him to court but ignore them until he restores the country and the economy.

 

Presidents of the United States have repeatedly asked the Congress to give them line-item veto power.[11] According to Louis Fisher in The Politics of Shared Power, Ronald Reagan said to Congress in his 1986 State of the Union address, "Tonight I ask you to give me what forty-three governors have: Give me a line-item veto this year. Give me the authority to veto waste, and I'll take the responsibility, I'll make the cut, I'll take the heat." Bill Clinton echoed the request in his State of the Union address in 1995.[12] Congress attempted to grant this power to the president by the Line Item Veto Act of 1996 to control "pork barrel spending", but in 1998 the U.S. Supreme Court ruled the act to be unconstitutional in a 6–3 decision in Clinton v. City of New York. The court found that exercise of the line-item veto is tantamount to a unilateral amendment or repeal by the executive of only parts of statutes authorizing federal spending, and therefore violated the Presentment Clause of the United States Constitution. Thus a federal line-item veto, at least in this particular formulation, would only be possible through a constitutional amendment. Prior to that ruling, President Clinton applied the line-item veto to the federal budget 82 times

 

 

however

A signing statement is a written pronouncement issued by the President of the United States upon the signing of a bill into law. They are usually printed along with the bill in United States Code Congressional and Administrative News (USCCAN). The statements begin with wording such as "This bill, which I have signed today" and continue with a brief description of the bill and often several paragraphs of political commentary.[1][2]

During the administration of President George W. Bush, there was a controversy over the President's use of signing statements, which critics charged was unusually extensive and modified the meaning of statutes. The practice predates the Bush administration, however, and was also used by the succeeding Obama administration.[3] In July 2006, a task force of the American Bar Association stated that the use of signing statements to modify the meaning of duly enacted laws serves to "undermine the rule of law and our constitutionalsystem of separation of powers".

why doesn’t Trump use it?

he doesn’t want to, a lot of the spending is Republican as well. But if he used his powers when signing the legislation.....he wouldn’t have the issue to campaign on

 

.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Apparently we shot too many from the wrong side.

It’s interesting how the emergency measures and acts in use during a “national health crisis” 

are a lot like the acts and measures taken during “national disasters” like hurricanes, earthquakes 

and have more than a passing resemblance to the measures taken and acts used during “national security” situations like terror attacks

 

almost like they were just waiting in a desk drawer somewhere for the right circumstances .

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

It’s interesting how the emergency measures and acts in use during a “national health crisis” 

are a lot like the acts and measures taken during “national disasters” like hurricanes, earthquakes 

and have more than a passing resemblance to the measures taken and acts used during “national security” situations like terror attacks

 

almost like they were just waiting in a desk drawer somewhere for the right circumstances .

The more we find smaller and smaller problems that require our government to declare a disaster or emergency powers, the easier it is to make that declaration  next time.  This has the potential for leading to a situation where it is harder to unfetter our public than it is to keep them under extraordinary control.

This ability to simply scare the public into a state of frenzy and fright, could be used at some time, any time, when the people in charge want to "suspend" Constitutional rights in the interest of the safety of our nation.  Then, how easy will it be to wrest it back from wannabe tyrants.

The lure of absolute power is a shining goal in the eyes of many political characters and all of those are people that care nothing for the welfare of our people or our country.  

It is said that we are always only a step or two away from tyranny.  This would appear the simplest means to take over while the citizens cower in fear of a natural or medical disaster.  Only a step or two......

It is frightening to an observer just how easy the news media can stir up fear and frenzy and make the subjugation of the people seem to be our only hope and salvation.

We are seeing just how easy it is to manipulate our neighbors and ourselves into thinking that our only hope is a physically strong and forceful manner of governing that requires containing the population.  I bet many other countries in past history went this route, and never came back.  The Constitution is just words on paper, if no one is willing to uphold those claims to a free will and free actions they will mean nothing at all.

We are seeing another simple path to lose what we hold dear.  Everyone says some form of control over the citizen is necessary in trying times, but who determines how much control over you is needed, and who will ensure that that control will be removed when it's outlived its usefulness.

We always depend on our fellow man, and still vote those unsavory people into political office, that only want money and power.  They never give up, neither should we.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to know when the revolution starts and will there be zombies?

Have a Happy Monday!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...