• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

My company would so do this, I hope they don’t hear about it:

A company in Austin, Texas is looking to dock pay from workers who receive government stimulus checks, according to an anonymous employee. 

With the historic $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus deal signed, Americans can look forward to receiving some economic relief during the pandemic. 

An unnamed company in Texas, though, appears to be looking to use the stimulus to relieve their payroll strain. 

On Wednesday, the company sent out a form titled “Employee Acknowledgement of ‘Government Assistance’ Pay Reduction.” 

The form was reported by an employee who wished to remain anonymous, but the employee spoke to local news KXAN about the situation.

“The form says they are preemptively deducting funds from our paychecks. That number is based on what they’re anticipating the government relief fund to be,” the worker told the outlet.

The form states that the company would take payment from the employee’s paycheck by 100 percent of any money received under the stimulus bill, a number they can accurately calculate since the stimulus money is scaled based on income.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-stimulus-money-company-paychecks

Edited by Dric902
  • Sad 3

I have a silly question.

Now, y'all know that I'm just a regular galoot and not too smart.

I just filled out my 2020 Census thingy.

As I understand it, and again, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, one must, "Be able to read, write and speak basic English."

That's from the Immigration Services website.

So, why does the Census form offer the content 9,000 different languages?

:headscratch:

Like I said, I'm none too smart and even I found the questions pretty easy to understand if you know about ten words in English.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tous said:

I have a silly question.

Now, y'all know that I'm just a regular galoot and not too smart.

I just filled out my 2020 Census thingy.

As I understand it, and again, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, one must, "Be able to read, write and speak basic English."

That's from the Immigration Services website.

So, why does the Census form offer the content 9,000 different languages?

:headscratch:

Like I said, I'm none too smart and even I found the questions pretty easy to understand if you know about ten words in English.

Because they are the government, and nothing they say or do is to help you.  they are in business to grow a bureaucracy and nothing more.

That's why the government can lie to you but it's illegal for you to lie to them. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pipedreams said:

c0b2caa1aee4a5d5.jpg?1585411702

Pelosi.  Despite her popularity, has contributed nothing to the government or the people for years.  Too bad you can't fire unproductive people like in private businesses, or she wouldn't even be a memory.

Government is the only employer that keeps the least valuable employees.  And pays them handsomely for their ineptitude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dric902 said:

A company in Austin, Texas is looking to dock pay from workers who receive government stimulus checks, according to an anonymous employee. 

With the historic $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus deal signed, Americans can look forward to receiving some economic relief during the pandemic. 

An unnamed company in Texas, though, appears to be looking to use the stimulus to relieve their payroll strain. 

On Wednesday, the company sent out a form titled “Employee Acknowledgement of ‘Government Assistance’ Pay Reduction.” 

The form was reported by an employee who wished to remain anonymous, but the employee spoke to local news KXAN about the situation.

“The form says they are preemptively deducting funds from our paychecks. That number is based on what they’re anticipating the government relief fund to be,” the worker told the outlet.

The form states that the company would take payment from the employee’s paycheck by 100 percent of any money received under the stimulus bill, a number they can accurately calculate since the stimulus money is scaled based on income.

For awhile my employer wanted one’s day wages for jury duty turned over to them with no consideration if you had to pay parking. They were finally shamed into dropping that requirement. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Dric902 said:

My company was one of the largest military contractors in the USA. In their magnanimous dedication to their employees, each Thanksgiving they would raffle off one Turkey for 2,000 employees.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, janice6 said:

My company was one of the largest military contractors in the USA. In their magnanimous dedication to their employees, each Thanksgiving they would raffle off one Turkey for 2,000 employees.  

And you should thank them for the expense, or they will be sore put out

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dric902 said:

And you should thank them for the expense, or they will be sore put out

One time the CEO showed up and had all hands go to a large arena, to hear his update on the big upcoming layoffs.

In the middle of asking for questions from the multitude assembled, one person asked how many management were being laid off.

The CEO immediately shut down the meeting and told every one to leave!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, janice6 said:

You just gotta slice it really thin...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

WASHINGTON — The federal government is open for coronavirus business, and the scramble to get some of it is on. 

A South Carolina company has hired a lobbyist close to President Trump to try to win regulatory approval to sell a misting spray to kill coronavirus on airplanes. A Manhattan company is seeking money from the $2 trillion stimulus package for its quick-change recyclable hospital curtains. Two prominent and well-connected Republican fund-raisers have linked up with competing businesses, both claiming to be able to acquire coveted equipment like coronavirus test kits and masks. 

Across the country, companies see a chance to cash in, do some good for the country or both, making virus outbreak response one of the few thriving sectors of the economy. And because so much of the business runs through Washington, the rush has created new opportunities for those who can offer access, influence and expertise in navigating bureaucratic hurdles and securing chunks of the relief package Mr. Trump signed into law on Friday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-race-for-virus-money-is-on-lobbyists-are-standing-by/ar-BB11QD2a?li=BBnbfcL

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

WASHINGTON — The federal government is open for coronavirus business, and the scramble to get some of it is on. 

A South Carolina company has hired a lobbyist close to President Trump to try to win regulatory approval to sell a misting spray to kill coronavirus on airplanes. A Manhattan company is seeking money from the $2 trillion stimulus package for its quick-change recyclable hospital curtains. Two prominent and well-connected Republican fund-raisers have linked up with competing businesses, both claiming to be able to acquire coveted equipment like coronavirus test kits and masks. 

Across the country, companies see a chance to cash in, do some good for the country or both, making virus outbreak response one of the few thriving sectors of the economy. And because so much of the business runs through Washington, the rush has created new opportunities for those who can offer access, influence and expertise in navigating bureaucratic hurdles and securing chunks of the relief package Mr. Trump signed into law on Friday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-race-for-virus-money-is-on-lobbyists-are-standing-by/ar-BB11QD2a?li=BBnbfcL

The rest of that paragraph is redundant!

• Like 1