• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

300 Dead In Iran From Drinking Methanol To Cure COVID

Iranian media reports nearly 300 people have been killed and more than 1,000 sickened so far by ingesting methanol across the Islamic republic, where drinking alcohol is banned and where those who do rely on bootleggers. It comes as fake remedies spread across social media in Iran, where people remain deeply suspicious of the government after it downplayed the crisis for days before it overwhelmed the country

• Sad 1

Just now, Dric902 said:

300 Dead In Iran From Drinking Methanol To Cure COVID

Iranian media reports nearly 300 people have been killed and more than 1,000 sickened so far by ingesting methanol across the Islamic republic, where drinking alcohol is banned and where those who do rely on bootleggers. It comes as fake remedies spread across social media in Iran, where people remain deeply suspicious of the government after it downplayed the crisis for days before it overwhelmed the country

Well on one hand you do have to agree that those 300 will not die from Corona Virus.  So they're partially correct.

So may idiots, so little time!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Pres Trump has directed @SecAzar to use the authority of the Defense Production Act to order General Motors "to accept, perform and prioritize Federal contracts for ventilators." In written statement, @POTUS says the Coronavirus situation "too urgent" for negotiations with GM.

ED68C213-39CC-4E1C-AD0D-F2884A1C5E51.jpeg.e22d5506ef1aa18b38b0384890f4268c.jpeg

I used to work for Medtronic.  How would you like to have a Pacemaker that the company was forced to make.

I'm not saying it won't work, just that I'd like to know someone cared.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I used to work for Medtronic.  How would you like to have a Pacemaker that the company was forced to make.

But just before invoking the order for GM to make ventilators, he said this:

President Trump expressed skepticism Thursday night that the worst-case coronavirus pandemic scenarios would come to pass in the U.S., telling Fox News' "Hannity" that "I have a feeling that a lot of the numbers that are being said in some areas are just bigger than they're going to be."

"I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators," Trump told host Sean Hannity, an apparent reference to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's recent claim that the state needed 30,000 ventilators. "You know, you go into major hospitals sometimes and they'll have two ventilators and now all of a sudden they're saying, 'Can we order 30,000 ventilators?'"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I’ve seen how government contracts work. The first few thousand won’t pass QC, then a few, then a recall.

charges for rework, setup and changeover, etc

in 3 months they will be on full blown production, just as it ends and they aren’t needed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dric902 said:

But just before invoking the order for GM to make ventilators, he said this:

President Trump expressed skepticism Thursday night that the worst-case coronavirus pandemic scenarios would come to pass in the U.S., telling Fox News' "Hannity" that "I have a feeling that a lot of the numbers that are being said in some areas are just bigger than they're going to be."

"I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators," Trump told host Sean Hannity, an apparent reference to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's recent claim that the state needed 30,000 ventilators. "You know, you go into major hospitals sometimes and they'll have two ventilators and now all of a sudden they're saying, 'Can we order 30,000 ventilators?'"

The Democrat governors are the most pessimistic.  It fits with their claims that if I can't control your lives you are going to die!

This is like watching the story of the Chicken in the sky is falling.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

I’ve seen how government contracts work. The first few thousand won’t pass QC, then a few, then a recall.

charges for rework, setup and changeover, etc

in 3 months they will be on full blown production, just as it ends and they aren’t needed

Damn right!  I worked for one of the biggest government contractors in the country.

I was telling my wife that when the United States manufacturing gets the momentum into production, we will be up to our asses in masks and ventilators for some time to come.  It's going to be harder to turn off production than it was to turn it on.  Our nation is made to produce, it's one of the wonders of the modern world.

We'll be eating that crap before this is over.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, janice6 said:

I think the only reason he invoked the defense act on GM was they kept playing games.  First they said they could product lots of product and then they changed their mind and said it would be the end of April.  Then the started in on the contract price they wanted to negotiate.  This is the same GM that the Federal Government bailed out just a few years ago, they must of forgot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2