• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

6 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Looks Fake. Look at the rear axle. Hummer body on a pickup truck frame. 

No, that's a real HMMWV.  I don't know of any other trucks, especially ones common enough to put the HMMWV body on, that use independent rear suspension like that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

day 42.jpg

I sent this picture to all my daughters as a form of encouragement...………...….  I may hear from some who wish to withdraw from the family. 

Edited by janice6
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

No, that's a real HMMWV.  I don't know of any other trucks, especially ones common enough to put the HMMWV body on, that use independent rear suspension like that.

That looks like a solid rear axle. Not geared hubs. 

24 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

That looks like a solid rear axle. Not geared hubs. 

From that angle you aren't going to be able to see the geared hubs.  With everything painted (or undercoated) the same color under there, you can't really see them that well anyway.

It's raining or I'd pull mine out from under the shed for a better picture for you, but here is a higher resolution picture of the rear suspension.  Also note on the original picture, it has the air lift rings and pintle hook which are unlikely to be found on a civilian truck frame either.

7d3991594bb00ab671473498376cf81ae1a2b1c6-2.thumb.jpg.fc581b1b3672ffc4f658f51059f318fb.jpg

Also I don't know of any civilian hubs that have the bracket bolted to the center of them (some argument about use, but it's generally agreed upon that is use if to aid in self recovery using a bent iron bar and rope/cable to act as a winch)

97A1ADC5-4C44-4027-909B-E08AEAF83C14.jpeg.bb56868c4d564cd8255cfcabbe41d4fe.jpeg

So yes, this is a real HMMWV.  

• Like 2

White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow on Tuesday projected that the total economic stimulus to be enacted by the federal government will reach $6 trillion.

Of the total, $4 trillion will come in the form of liquidity from the Federal Reserve, while the remaining $2 trillion will be part of proposed phase-three legislation from Congress. If the total assistance does reach $6 trillion, that would equal about 30 percent of U.S. GDP.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/coronavirus-relief-white-house-adviser-larry-kudlow-projects-aid-package-to-reach-roughly-6-trillion/amp/

• Sad 2