• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

33 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Liberals are of course mocking Trump for criticizing California's forest (mis)management, but he's not wrong - we need forest lovers who live in reality, not tree huggers who exist in a fantasy world.

bq-5bf19c538e5c9.jpeg

Yes, and the part fire plays in a mature forest ecosystem has been well-known since the 70s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

Some folks are just plain stupid when it comes to forestry management!

Managed correctly you get better use and less chance of a fire and if there is a fire, less damage.

Remember, that the people making the decisions on how to manage a forest, are politicians who have no training whatsoever in anything.  But they believe themselves to be so intelligent that they  are making laws on how to manage everything.  It used to take a computer to really screw things up, now we have evolved to where a politician is the epitome of foul-ups.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dang, now that's a wall!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 19, 2018 Our temporary border protection before we get the wall in full looks like badassery on full display, as President Trump has tweeted out no more climbers under our administration...While highlight the newly fortified fence on the border with Mexico. As of right now 3,000 or more caravan invaders are outside San Diego, CA inside Tijuana, and had even had a plan to rush the San Ysidro Port of Entry earlier today. Should the caravan even attempt to jump the wall on our border...They going to get cut up badly. This temporary border barrier with Mexico is just pure awesome.

image.png.8a95c17006c4bd39f155e088265967ff.png

https://www.puppetstringnews.com/blog/trump-tweets-out-fortified-barrier-near-san-diego-no-climbers-under-our-administration?fbclid=IwAR23XvvWnL1_bclxvy-p1FjejkbPSFY3wGPSn6iaK0zk8HVpgyYZ6wL0pQo

Edited by pipedreams
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Dang, now that's a wall!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 19, 2018 Our temporary border protection before we get the wall in full looks like badassery on full display, as President Trump has tweeted out no more climbers under our administration...While highlight the newly fortified fence on the border with Mexico. As of right now 3,000 or more caravan invaders are outside San Diego, CA inside Tijuana, and had even had a plan to rush the San Ysidro Port of Entry earlier today. Should the caravan even attempt to jump the wall on our border...They going to get cut up badly. This temporary border barrier with Mexico is just pure awesome.

image.png.8a95c17006c4bd39f155e088265967ff.png

https://www.puppetstringnews.com/blog/trump-tweets-out-fortified-barrier-near-san-diego-no-climbers-under-our-administration?fbclid=IwAR23XvvWnL1_bclxvy-p1FjejkbPSFY3wGPSn6iaK0zk8HVpgyYZ6wL0pQo

We still need to start using Skunk!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nearly 3,000 migrants arrived in Tijuana last week, and US authorities say that as many as 10,000 may end up in the border city. The migrants have been on the road for at least a week at this point, and are fleeing violent conditions in their home countries in Central America.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Nearly 3,000 migrants arrived in Tijuana last week, and US authorities say that as many as 10,000 may end up in the border city. The migrants have been on the road for at least a week at this point, and are fleeing violent conditions in their home countries in Central America.

Fleeing yes.  But for freebies and an easy life.  If they really cared they would change their country for the better, instead of trying to change ours for the worse!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Fleeing yes.  But for freebies and an easy life.  If they really cared they would change their country for the better, instead of trying to change ours for the worse!

I’m just trying to illustrate that the cheerleading and pics of the concertina wire is bullshit. Their coming and they won’t be stopped, but accepted

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

I’m just trying to illustrate that the cheerleading and pics of the concertina wire is bull****. Their coming and they won’t be stopped, but accepted.

As my mom said about my letters to Santa Claus, “You don’t always get what you want.  And despite my letters, I always did get clothes, and never got the pony.”  ??  

Hawk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Brown Hawk said:

As my mom said about my letters to Santa Claus, “You don’t always get what you want.  And despite my letters, I always did get clothes, and never got the pony.”  ??  

Hawk

I’m just sick of seeing pics of 50 feet of wire and the cheerleading section goes nuts. They could be stopped, they aren’t being stopped.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dric902 said:

I’m just sick of seeing pics of 50 feet of wire and the cheerleading section goes nuts. They could be stopped, they aren’t being stopped..

We can’t go into Mexico to stop them, so for now we have to wait.  With Mattis on the border, we’ll just have to wait and see.  

Hawk

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Brown Hawk said:

We can’t go into Mexico to stop them, so for now we have to wait.  With Mattis on the border, we’ll just have to wait and see.  

Hawk

We can close the border.

Mattis cant do anything but get his picture taken and look at some concertina wire. They aren’t there, they have split up and gone to where it is easier to cross.

Mattis can’t do it, the military can’t do it. Federal law enforcement can do it, right now. 

Without congress, without the courts, by the executive branch alone acting as the law enforcement arm of the Constitution. Nothing to stop it.

he won’t 

Inherent executive authority 

While Congress controls immigration once immigrants are legally admitted to our country and can also exclude anyone from admission, the president shares concurrent jurisdiction on exclusions. He can’t deport anyone he wants to without an authorizing statue, but he can exclude anyone up front. As the Supreme Court said in a landmark 1950 case, “The exclusion of aliens is a fundamental act of sovereignty. The right to do so stems not alone from legislative power but is inherent in the executive power to control the foreign affairs of the nation.” This is why for the first 100 years of our country, immigration was entirely controlled by diplomatic correspondence through the State Department. The president was clearly using this authority when communicating with the leader of the country of origin of this caravan.

Trump can simply shut the door and demand that any legitimate asylum claims be processed through our 10 or so consulates in Mexico.

This is Trump’s legacy at stake. This is his time in history. He can be the one to stop the border invasion. The minute he forces a national debate over whether we are a sovereign nation, he gains more leverage. The minute he threatens to veto the next budget bill unless it makes changes to sanctuary cities and asylum policies, the tables will be turned. And the minute he actually uses his inherent executive and delegated authority to shut this down temporarily without Congress, he has much more leverage to push long-term reforms as well as deterring Central Americans.

Edited by Dric902
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

We can close the border.

Mattis cant do anything but get his picture taken and look at some concertina wire. They aren’t there, they have split up and gone to where it is easier to cross.

Mattis can’t do it, the military can’t do it. Federal law enforcement can do it, right now. 

Without congress, without the courts, by the executive branch alone acting as the law enforcement arm of the Constitution. Nothing to stop it.

he won’t 

So tell me how to close the border.  With no wall or fence along the whole width of the border.  

Second, there aren’t enough Federal law enforcement to close the border.  

Third, the military can do it.  Woodrow Wilson did it for Pancho Villa, Clinton, and I think one other president did it.  Posse Comitatus doesn’t apply to the Navy, the Marines, The Coast Guard, and arguably the Air Force.  So Mattis can do something.  Just by being there, he takes the heat off the local commanders, and can assess the situation from a ground combat commander’s perspective.  

And a president can react to a threat to the country without congress.  Again, witness Wilson.  

Hawk

1 minute ago, Brown Hawk said:

So tell me how to close the border.  With no wall or fence along the whole width of the border.  

Second, there aren’t enough Federal law enforcement to close the border.  

Third, the military can do it.  Woodrow Wilson did it for Pancho Villa, Clinton, and I think one other president did it.  Posse Comitatus doesn’t apply to the Navy, the Marines, The Coast Guard, and arguably the Air Force.  So Mattis can do something.  Just by being there, he takes the heat off the local commanders, and can assess the situation from a ground combat commander’s perspective.  

And a president can react to a threat to the country without congress.  Again, witness Wilson.  

Hawk

Well??

why hasn’t he?