• Replies 112.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

Buttigieg tells illegal immigrants that America is 'your country too' in Spanish

Former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg took a moment after his second-place finish in the New Hampshire primary to tell illegal immigrants, in Spanish, that the United States is their "country too."

In his speech to supporters Tuesday night, the 2020 Democrat said, adding a few lines in Spanish, "We can say to a Dreamer, lying awake at night, questioning if this country is her own … this country is your country too."

The Spanish portion of his statement translates to: “We celebrate your belonging in this country, and, yes, this country is your country too.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/buttigieg-tells-illegal-immigrants-that-america-is-your-country-too-in-spanish

Here's what he should be telling them. Translation: "I am a Clown"

4g1.jpg

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

I hope they win, big.  It's pretty sad and pathetic state when a scholastic events can't, or won't, accept the biological differences between males and females. 

This isn't a question of fairness, it's a display of ignorance and stupidity to pit contests of strength and physical ability with males against females.

Ignoring physical differences between males and females isn't just a social issue, it's something that appears all the time between sexes.  It's a known factor and nothing, that a social justice warrior can in their ignorance, make go away.

Scholastic achievement in physical contests is only acceptable when females are pitted against females, and males against males.  Contests that stress mental achievements are fine with competition between sexes.  No one has any problem with this.

Many other contests are acceptable between the sexes if they aren't based on skeletal and muscular qualities.  To ignore the physical differences is one of the most stupid ideas that academics has conjured up.  It is a display of just how out of  touch with reality the school and liberal social system is.

You would think that people that spend their lives proclaiming to be highly educated, would know better than to proclaim their is nothing wrong with setting one persons rights and effort to succeed, above another.  This is saying that women have to give up their right to achieve against other women to men, or the other way around.

Physical differences must be recognized, and not simply ignored for the people that can't achieve among their own sex, so they compete against the other, knowing it's not a reasonable nor fair competition.  This is just a pathetic childish attempt for achievement by someone that must change the rules to ensure they will win.

Academics used to teach biology and the differences between sexes.  Apparently in today's society even the most highly educated has lost the ability to tell the difference.  This is so stupid it's beyond belief.

I hope they get Nick Sandmann's lawyer! Sic 'em!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JMag said:

Eight southern states 2A compact info via MS HB 753. It is a model of thoroughness. Godspeed.

2 hours ago, JMag said:

Eight southern states 2A compact info via MS HB 753. It is a model of thoroughness. Godspeed.

https://legiscan.com/MS/text/HB753/id/2129052

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two references are troubling:  "...but the Legislature may regulate or forbid carrying concealed weapons.";..."

and the second: "..."The right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person, or property..."

---------------------

So, concealed weapons may be regulated or forbidden. 

And, the Carrying of weapons in pursuit of every day activities isn't specifically allowed outside of the home or property -- unless authorized by the government. 

Two references are troubling:  "...but the Legislature may regulate or forbid carrying concealed weapons.";..."
and the second: "..."The right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person, or property..."
---------------------
So, concealed weapons may be regulated or forbidden. 
And, the Carrying of weapons in pursuit of every day activities isn't specifically allowed outside of the home or property -- unless authorized by the government. 

Not perfect, but the best I’ve seen. Concealed carry in these states is not problematic.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JMag said:

Not perfect, but the best I’ve seen. Concealed carry in these states is not problematic.

I'm not saying it is, but that it could be with the wording used. 

Aside from affirming the Second Amendment it really doesn't say much.

• Like 1

Several states, including Tennessee, have introduced legislation saying that athletes in school may only compete based upon their sex as identified on their original birth certificates. Since private schools K-12 generally compete with public schools this would probably apply to them as well. Colleges and universities?   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Several states, including Tennessee, have introduced legislation saying that athletes in school may only compete based upon their sex as identified on their original birth certificates. Since private schools K-12 generally compete with public schools this would probably apply to them as well. Colleges and universities?   

Colleges and Universities have determined that there are a plethora of sexes, as defined by people that don't seem to be able to find their own butt with both hands.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Colleges and Universities have determined that there are a plethora of sexes, as defined by people that don't seem to be able to find their own butt with both hands.

I suspect state owned colleges and universities can be “persuaded” to go by original birth certificate sex for purposes of eligibility for athletic competition. The only objections ultimately would be from those making money from the ambiguity. 

When a so-so women’s college basketball team adds a so-so XY basketball player who suddenly self identifies as an XX and the team begins to run the tables, one of two things will happen at the national level. Women’s basketball as a serious competitive sport will end, or the schools will - as a group - adopt the birth certificate sex as determinate. 

• Like 3