Random Political/Social Posting

Eric

7 hours ago, Dric902 said:

You think they just sat around and invented all that

truth isn’t bashing, unwarranted dismissal of facts is blindly running in traffic.

keep telling me how awesome the economy is, don’t be mad when I point out the Fed is $4 Trillion dollars in the hole. And pumping billions a month into the financial market.

loyalty is a good thing, belief is a good thing. Willful blindness is not

the story came from the Air Force Times. But I suppose that means they are full of Obama appointees and dismissed offhand. 

Immediate disregard of all information contrary to someone’s political fandom isn’t loyalty, it’s following.

Reagan did things I wish he hadn’t done, some things he would probably have done over if it were possible. But he is the best President we have had since Eisenhower.

If you get two of those in a lifetime, your a lucky person. We have not seen his like since (and we still haven’t).

The current constant, continuous, campaigning of today has seared our sensibilities and common sense. We have to not follow blindly, but follow like a hawk. When the {res, Senator, Rep, Governor,  Mayor, does good...tell them. When they do bad....tell them.

dont dismiss, justify, or ignore something contrary because you don’t like it.

politicians feet should have burn scars from US holding their feet to the fire. Not carry a flamethrower to burn anybody that disagrees or points out a flaw.

my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Since this is a forum of gun owners, I would like to point out that unless you are a Fudd, Reagan did the most damage to the 2A in my lifetime. With that in mind I pray we NEVER see "his like" ever again.

• Like 1

• Replies 111.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

1 hour ago, Huaco Kid said:

2020!

Here's my deal,  which cheeses many people.

I voted for Trump to totally F everything up.  (I voted for non-communism first, and then Trump)

I had no idea that the other side would jump in and do it, totally.  Nice.

After Obama was elected,  I voted for a congress that would totally F him up.  It kind of worked.

I can't begrudge them for going gangbusters now.

2020!

• Like 1

I have no respect for Nancy,  for being the most dangerous communist in our government...

But I acknowledge her moxy and her leadership,  and for representing her constituents.

She's a pretty tough bitch.

Edited by Huaco Kid
(I thought BS would ##### that word out. but it's ok)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

Trump is a business man, plain and simple.  

If a deal isn't going his way, he changes it, rather than blindly pushing through no matter what.

Time changes, public opinion changes, situations change.  Refusing to change when the obvious is in front of you is lunacy, and he seems to be one of the few sane people in D.C.

So, do you think he can change again?

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

Since this is a forum of gun owners, I would like to point out that unless you are a Fudd, Reagan did the most damage to the 2A in my lifetime. With that in mind I pray we NEVER see "his like" ever again.

You must not be very old

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I had no idea that the other side would jump in and do it, totally.

I also had no idea that he would, totally, just, crank out things I agree with, all day.  Every day.

Even, during The impeachment,  the train keeps a-rollin.  All night long.

lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tous said:

He missed Johnson entirely.

Sadly, I did not.

The Brady Bill was in ‘93 (Clinton) and the Clinton AWB (that Bill Barr was all for)

Reagan signed the Firearm Owners Protection Act in ‘86

Firearm Owners Protection Act 

The lone piece of significant legislation related to gun rights during the Reagan administration was the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. Signed into law by Reagan on May 19, 1986, the legislation amended the Gun Control Act of 1968 by repealing parts of the original act that were deemed by studies to be unconstitutional.

The National Rifle Association and other pro-gun groups lobbied for passage of the legislation, and it was generally considered favorable for gun owners. Among other things, the act made it easier to transport long rifles across the United States, ended federal records-keeping on ammunition sales and prohibited the prosecution of someone passing through areas with strict gun control with firearms in their vehicle, so long as the gun was properly stored.

However, the act also contained a provision banning the ownership of any fully automatic firearms not registered by May 19, 1986. That provision was slipped into the legislation as an 11th-hour amendment by Rep. William J. Hughes, a New Jersey Democrat.

Reagan has been criticized by some gun owners for signing legislation containing the Hughes amendment.

The Pro-Gun Candidate 

Ronald Reagan entered the 1980 presidential campaign as a known supporter of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

While gun rights wouldn’t be a primary issue in presidential politics for another decade, the issue was being pushed to the forefront of the American political scene by those, as Reagan wrote in a 1975 issue of Guns & Ammo magazine, “who say that gun control is an idea whose time has come.”

The Gun Control Act of 1968 was still a relatively fresh issue, and U.S. Attorney General Edward H. Levi had proposed outlawing guns in areas with high crime rates.

In his Guns & Ammo column, Reagan left little doubt about his stance on the Second Amendment, writing: “In my opinion, proposals to outlaw or confiscate guns are simply unrealistic panacea.”

Reagan’s stance was that violent crime would never be eliminated, with or without gun control. Instead, he said, efforts to curb crime should target those who misuse guns, similar to the way laws target those who use an automobile feloniously or recklessly.

Saying the Second Amendment “leaves little, if any, leeway for the gun control advocate,” he added that “the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tous said:

I remember the days of having to show identification and sign a log when buying a danged box of 22 LR.

After shooting our pocket-fulls of .22 at the local, abandoned, chicken coops,  full of ****,  and more ****,  and dead things, and knee-deep ****,  at rats,  for all the hours after school...

And going down the hill,  and up to the flats,  and going into the back of the hardware store,  carrying our rifles, in 6th grade,  and buying as much as you could stuff in your pockets.  15 (25?) cents a box.

And shooting more rats.

Because they never went away.

Edited by Huaco Kid
  • Like 2

image.png.a4ceaf189a8435a32acffb43f68caf99.png

A group called America First Conservatives dropped a banner from Key Bridge in Arlington, Virginia, that said “MASS IMMIGRATION TURNED VIRGINIA BLUE.”

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1203771788196368385

“The banner was reportedly hung by self-identified ‘America First’ activists, sometimes known as ‘Groypers,'” Summit News reported.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/12/mass-immigration-turned-virginia-blue-says-banner-hung-over-bridge-just-outside-d-c/

• Like 1