• Replies 111.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

President Donald Trump blasted top military officials as “losers” and “a bunch of dopes and babies” for a lack of success in the recent wars during a tense meeting early in his presidency that set a negative tone for the relationship between the Pentagon and White House, according to a new book except released Friday.

The volume — “A Very Stable Genius: Donald J. Trump’s Testing of America,” written by a pair of Washington Post reporters — chronicles the first three years of Trump presidency, offering interviews with insiders about high-level administration discussions the authors say have not been made public before.

That includes a meeting at the Pentagon in the summer of 2017, six months into Trump’s presidency, where key Pentagon leaders and other top administration officials (including Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, and Director of the National Economic Council Gary Cohn, all of whom have since stepped down from those posts) met with Trump to discuss U.S. alliances and military posture overseas.

He called Afghanistan a “loser war” and told generals assembled there that “you don’t know how to win anymore.” He attacked the group for the costs of ongoing military operations overseas and said that the United States should have gotten payments in oil from allies it assisted in the Middle East.

“I wouldn’t go to war with you people,” the book quotes Trump as saying to the military officials. “You’re a bunch of dopes and babies.”

According to the authors, Tillerson defended the military leaders and told Trump his criticism was “totally wrong.” That added to a growing rift between the men, and Tillerson’s dismissal in March 2018

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2020/01/17/trump-blasted-top-military-generals-as-a-bunch-of-dopes-and-babies-according-to-new-book/?utm_expid=.jFR93cgdTFyMrWXdYEtvgA.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2F#jwvideo

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

The volume — “A Very Stable Genius: Donald J. Trump’s Testing of America,” written by a pair of Washington Post reporters — chronicles the first three years of Trump presidency, offering interviews with insiders about high-level administration discussions the authors say have not been made public before.

This tells me all I need to know. Propagandists.

Seriously, why do you continually post crap like this, yet say you're not Trump bashing?

16 minutes ago, BamaBud said:

Seriously, why do you continually post crap like this, yet say you're not Trump bashing?

You think they just sat around and invented all that

truth isn’t bashing, unwarranted dismissal of facts is blindly running in traffic.

keep telling me how awesome the economy is, don’t be mad when I point out the Fed is $4 Trillion dollars in the hole. And pumping billions a month into the financial market.

loyalty is a good thing, belief is a good thing. Willful blindness is not

the story came from the Air Force Times. But I suppose that means they are full of Obama appointees and dismissed offhand. 

Immediate disregard of all information contrary to someone’s political fandom isn’t loyalty, it’s following.

Reagan did things I wish he hadn’t done, some things he would probably have done over if it were possible. But he is the best President we have had since Eisenhower.

If you get two of those in a lifetime, your a lucky person. We have not seen his like since (and we still haven’t).

The current constant, continuous, campaigning of today has seared our sensibilities and common sense. We have to not follow blindly, but follow like a hawk. When the {res, Senator, Rep, Governor,  Mayor, does good...tell them. When they do bad....tell them.

dont dismiss, justify, or ignore something contrary because you don’t like it.

politicians feet should have burn scars from US holding their feet to the fire. Not carry a flamethrower to burn anybody that disagrees or points out a flaw.

my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, BamaBud said:

Just a though about the Post book.

I believe the Washington Post writers are writing about the military brass that was in place when Trump took office but they don't make that clear, and definitely taking a shot at Trump.   Trump was really upset with the Military brass Obama had put in charge.  Obama had booted most of the previous brass and put in his own yes men,  that were afraid to do anything without permission from the W.H.

• Like 2

U.S. border agents are accompanying 3500 Central-American migrants as they make their way from Guatemala to the United States through Mexico.

Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador is saying that the migrants are welcome in his country.

Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said his government was monitoring the situation as the migrants approached, saying there were 4,000 jobs available on the southern border, as well as shelters and medical help.

“We are keeping an eye on everything,” Lopez Obrador said during a regular press conference.

Lopez Obrador did not say if Mexico would seek to keep the migrants in the southern part of the country. Most Central Americans who leave their countries escaping poverty and violence are eager to make their way towards the United States.

The groups of migrants are expected to meet up at the border with Mexico and then travel north to the U.S. southern border.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/here-they-come-again-3500-migrants-on-way-to-u-s-from-honduras/

• Sad 1

Because I remember:

Is Donald Trump conservative?

This week, Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) has bashed Trump for insufficient conservatism. He explained, “Donald’s record does not match what he says as a candidate.” Cruz isn’t the only one. Last month, Rush Limbaugh said that Trump’s attacks on Cruz reflected the fact that he was not a “genuine conservative.” Mark Levin said in 2011, “Trump is NOT the real deal… He is not a conservative. He was happy to donate to Schumer, Weiner & Emanuel campaigns last year. He was pro-choice recently and now claims to be pro-life. He sounds more and more like Ross Perot.” Andrew Breitbart said at the time, “Of course he’s not a conservative. He was for Nancy Pelosi before he was against Nancy Pelosi.”

Immigration. After a career of flip-flopping on immigration (he ripped Mitt Romney in 2012 for being too harsh on illegal immigration and in 2013 said he hired illegals at his golf courses), Trump has famously taken the most right-wing position on illegal immigration in this race.

Meanwhile, Trump flipped on Muslim refugees. Originally he said the U.S. would have to take in Syrian refugees; then he said he would take in no Muslim immigrants at all. That position has proved surprisingly durable with the conservative electorate.

Foreign Policy. Trump’s been all over the place here. He’s said we should leave the Islamic State to Russia and expressed sympathy for Russian dictator Vladimir Putin, but also said that we should “bomb the s***” out of ISIS. He has both said that he would topple Bashar Assad and that he would not arm the Syrian rebels. In the end, he said he had a great idea for defeating ISIS, but wouldn’t tell anyone what it was. He’s said that he wouldn’t immediately get rid of the Iran deal, but he stumped against the deal. He’s talked about how he admires China, but then explained he wants to put a 45 percent tariff on Chinese goods. Trump wants to expand the military, but how he would use that expanded military is far from clear.

Abortion. Trump says he’s pro-life. Bethany Blankley of Live Action News gives a solid roundup of the timeline:

1999: Trump says he is “very pro-choice” and said he wouldn’t ban partial birth abortion.

January 2015: Trump says he is “pro-life, with the caveats. You have to have the caveats.” What would those caveats be? He explains: “life of the mother, incest, and rape.” Asked repeatedly whether abortion outside of his “caveats” would be murder, he says, “it depends when.”

August 2015: Trump tells CNN’s Chris Cuomo, “Maybe some of the things [Planned Parenthood does] are good and I know a lot of things are bad… I mean, it’s like an abortion factory, frankly.” He then says he is pro-life and reiterates his “exceptions.” He tells Sean Hannity:

There’s two Planned Parenthoods, in a way. You have it as an abortion clinic. Now, that’s actually a fairly small part of what they do, but it’s a brutal part, and I’m totally against it. They also, however, service women. Maybe unless they stop with the abortions, we don’t do the funding for the stuff that we want. We have to help women. So we have to look at the positives, also, for Planned Parenthood.

Eventually he told Breitbart he’d oppose any government funding for Planned Parenthood.

During the first Republican debate, Trump says that he became pro-life sometime over the last few years, stating:

Friends of mine years ago were going to have a child, and it was going to be aborted. And it wasn’t aborted. And that child today is a total superstar, a great, great child. And I saw that. And I saw other instances. I am very, very proud to say that I am pro-life.

Jamie Weinstein of The Daily Caller asked Trump if he’d have become pro-life if the kid had been a “loser.” Trump said no.

October 2015: Trump says he would appoint his sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, to the Supreme Court – even though she has ruled in favor of partial birth abortion. As to overturning Roe v. Wade, Trump says, “you need a lot of Supreme Court justices, but we’re gonna be looking at that also very, very carefully

Entitlements. Unlike virtually all the other Republican candidates, Trump has said he wouldn’t touch entitlements. He says that any Republican attempts to touch these programs will end in electoral defeat. His website currently carries an article from The Daily Signal titled, “Why Trump Won’t Touch Your Entitlements.” He said then, “I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid. Every other Republican is going to cut, and even if they wouldn’t, they don’t know what to do because they don’t know where the money is. I do.” He bashed Paul Ryan’s plans for entitlements for being “too far out front with the issue.” Trump has, however, said that certain parts of Social Security could be moved to private accounts – although he then says that he will save Social Security without cuts by discovering magical barrels of money: “I know where to get the money from. Nobody else does.

Government Involvement In The Economy. Trump accuses Ted Cruz of being a Wall Street insider because his wife works for Goldman Sachs. Trump himself supported Obama’s 2009 stimulus, TARP, and the 2008 auto bailout. He said in 2009, “I think [Obama’s] doing very well. You do need stimulus and you do have to keep the banks alive.” 

Healthcare. Trump says he’d dump Obamacare but then praises the nationalized health care system of Canada and Great Britain. In 1999 and 2000 he endorsed nationalized health care openly; in 2015, he praised Scotland’s plan while appearing with David Letterman. He has proposed dumping restrictions on health care portability but continues to pump up nationalized health care systems.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2016/01/24/is-donald-trump-conservative-heres-the-rundown/

‘’that’s not CNN, not the Washington Post. That’s Breitbart 

keep his feet to the fire.....don’t paint him with a brush of your own wants. I’m a dedicated conservative Republican, and when he does bad, then I will call him on it.

Edited by Dric902

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

Because I remember:

Is Donald Trump conservative?

This week, Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) has bashed Trump for insufficient conservatism. He explained, “Donald’s record does not match what he says as a candidate.” Cruz isn’t the only one. Last month, Rush Limbaugh said that Trump’s attacks on Cruz reflected the fact that he was not a “genuine conservative.” Mark Levin said in 2011, “Trump is NOT the real deal… He is not a conservative. He was happy to donate to Schumer, Weiner & Emanuel campaigns last year. He was pro-choice recently and now claims to be pro-life. He sounds more and more like Ross Perot.” Andrew Breitbart said at the time, “Of course he’s not a conservative. He was for Nancy Pelosi before he was against Nancy Pelosi.”

Immigration. After a career of flip-flopping on immigration (he ripped Mitt Romney in 2012 for being too harsh on illegal immigration and in 2013 said he hired illegals at his golf courses), Trump has famously taken the most right-wing position on illegal immigration in this race.

Meanwhile, Trump flipped on Muslim refugees. Originally he said the U.S. would have to take in Syrian refugees; then he said he would take in no Muslim immigrants at all. That position has proved surprisingly durable with the conservative electorate.

Foreign Policy. Trump’s been all over the place here. He’s said we should leave the Islamic State to Russia and expressed sympathy for Russian dictator Vladimir Putin, but also said that we should “bomb the s***” out of ISIS. He has both said that he would topple Bashar Assad and that he would not arm the Syrian rebels. In the end, he said he had a great idea for defeating ISIS, but wouldn’t tell anyone what it was. He’s said that he wouldn’t immediately get rid of the Iran deal, but he stumped against the deal. He’s talked about how he admires China, but then explained he wants to put a 45 percent tariff on Chinese goods. Trump wants to expand the military, but how he would use that expanded military is far from clear.

Abortion. Trump says he’s pro-life. Bethany Blankley of Live Action News gives a solid roundup of the timeline:

1999: Trump says he is “very pro-choice” and said he wouldn’t ban partial birth abortion.

January 2015: Trump says he is “pro-life, with the caveats. You have to have the caveats.” What would those caveats be? He explains: “life of the mother, incest, and rape.” Asked repeatedly whether abortion outside of his “caveats” would be murder, he says, “it depends when.”

August 2015: Trump tells CNN’s Chris Cuomo, “Maybe some of the things [Planned Parenthood does] are good and I know a lot of things are bad… I mean, it’s like an abortion factory, frankly.” He then says he is pro-life and reiterates his “exceptions.” He tells Sean Hannity:

There’s two Planned Parenthoods, in a way. You have it as an abortion clinic. Now, that’s actually a fairly small part of what they do, but it’s a brutal part, and I’m totally against it. They also, however, service women. Maybe unless they stop with the abortions, we don’t do the funding for the stuff that we want. We have to help women. So we have to look at the positives, also, for Planned Parenthood.

Eventually he told Breitbart he’d oppose any government funding for Planned Parenthood.

During the first Republican debate, Trump says that he became pro-life sometime over the last few years, stating:

Friends of mine years ago were going to have a child, and it was going to be aborted. And it wasn’t aborted. And that child today is a total superstar, a great, great child. And I saw that. And I saw other instances. I am very, very proud to say that I am pro-life.

Jamie Weinstein of The Daily Caller asked Trump if he’d have become pro-life if the kid had been a “loser.” Trump said no.

October 2015: Trump says he would appoint his sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, to the Supreme Court – even though she has ruled in favor of partial birth abortion. As to overturning Roe v. Wade, Trump says, “you need a lot of Supreme Court justices, but we’re gonna be looking at that also very, very carefully

Entitlements. Unlike virtually all the other Republican candidates, Trump has said he wouldn’t touch entitlements. He says that any Republican attempts to touch these programs will end in electoral defeat. His website currently carries an article from The Daily Signal titled, “Why Trump Won’t Touch Your Entitlements.” He said then, “I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid. Every other Republican is going to cut, and even if they wouldn’t, they don’t know what to do because they don’t know where the money is. I do.” He bashed Paul Ryan’s plans for entitlements for being “too far out front with the issue.” Trump has, however, said that certain parts of Social Security could be moved to private accounts – although he then says that he will save Social Security without cuts by discovering magical barrels of money: “I know where to get the money from. Nobody else does.

Government Involvement In The Economy. Trump accuses Ted Cruz of being a Wall Street insider because his wife works for Goldman Sachs. Trump himself supported Obama’s 2009 stimulus, TARP, and the 2008 auto bailout. He said in 2009, “I think [Obama’s] doing very well. You do need stimulus and you do have to keep the banks alive.” 

Healthcare. Trump says he’d dump Obamacare but then praises the nationalized health care system of Canada and Great Britain. In 1999 and 2000 he endorsed nationalized health care openly; in 2015, he praised Scotland’s plan while appearing with David Letterman. He has proposed dumping restrictions on health care portability but continues to pump up nationalized health care systems.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2016/01/24/is-donald-trump-conservative-heres-the-rundown/

‘’that’s not CNN, not the Washington Post. That’s Breitbart 

keep his feet to the fire.....don’t paint him with a brush of your own wants. I’m a dedicated conservative Republican, and when he does bad, then I will call him on it.

2020!

Trump is a business man, plain and simple.  

If a deal isn't going his way, he changes it, rather than blindly pushing through no matter what.

Time changes, public opinion changes, situations change.  Refusing to change when the obvious is in front of you is lunacy, and he seems to be one of the few sane people in D.C.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1