• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

When you have too many Rats in a cage, you don't give them firearms.

I'm all for freedom.  But in the case when many people are jammed close up to each other, the feeling that you are losing your identity makes you fight to try to keep it. 

The feeling that you can't get a moment to yourself, gets to you and you start to fight back to try to keep your individuality.   You can put too many people too close together and no matter what you do, if they aren't constantly busy doing something, they begin to see those crowding them out of existence as a threat.

It's a constant battle in the armed forces to keep your people from killing each other  when there isn't a common enemy to focus on.  Hence, busy work and strong low level management.

My ship was so small, I could even see it there. 60 people jammed into a very small ship with no place to hide.  I was fortunate that I bypassed Basic Training and as the Ship's Radioman, I had the Radio shack to go to and close the door.

I never felt safer than a base in Germany. Rioters couldn’t even get close and it was small enough that other troops were easily recognizable.

Korea was the least safe I felt. You were ;literally in yellow zone from day one

good Bases here are few and far between now, just a front gate guard if any gate at all. I remember on Ft Stewart a howitzer hit a civilian car during an FTX while it was on base driving through the ‘back way’

• Like 2

2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/01/20/the-campaign-to-impeach-president-trump-has-begun/
Today is 2020/01/16 so Hey! They got here in less than three years! As Stalin’s man said “Show me the man, I’ll find you tge crime”

If any Republican votes for impeachment I hope their political career comes to a screeching halt.  Elections have consequences!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, janice6 said:

If any Republican votes for impeachment I hope their political career comes to a screeching halt.  Elections have consequences!

Romney probably will. He is a RINO, jealous that Trump got where he couldn’t. 

Alexander from Tennessee might. He has announced his retirement and may want to go out in style. He has mentioned Baker of Tennessee during tge Nixon impeachment as a role model. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Romney probably will. He is a RINO, jealous that Trump got where he couldn’t. 

Alexander from Tennessee might. He has announced his retirement and may want to go out in style. He has mentioned Baker of Tennessee during tge Nixon impeachment as a role model. 

So there is a chance that more Republicans might vote for impeachment in the Senate, than Democrats in the House that voted against it!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, janice6 said:

So there is a chance that more Republicans might vote for impeachment in the Senate, than Democrats in the House that voted against it!

For perspective consider that McCain voted to keep ObamaCare after campaigning against it as one last middle finger toward Trump, and to hell with the citizens. However his week long goodbye party was all about Trump.  

• Like 1

There is no possible way they will get 67 senators to vote for removal.

and everybody knows it

everything from here is campaigning, even the vote will be negotiated to the last one.

notice how many senators you have never heard of before get all kinds of coverage and soundbites. Those are the ones up for re-election this year.

• Like 1

Lowering payroll taxes is not a high priority in the White House's plans for "tax cuts 2.0," but adjusting the earned tax credit for low to moderate earners and keeping the child tax credit, which was doubled to $2,000 in 2018, are being eyed as ways to help aim at "even faster economic growth" for President Donald Trump's second term, National Economic Council director Larry Kudlow said Friday.

"We want to aim this at middle-class tax relief," Kudlow told Fox Business Network's Stuart Varney.

• Like 1