Random Political/Social Posting

Eric

Left turns against Stephen King :)

Oscars: Left Torches Stephen King for Saying Quality Matters in the Arts, Not Diversity

Author and Trump hater Stephen King is feeling the heat from fellow liberals following his tweets about the Academy Award nominations, in which he said that quality is more important than diversity when it comes to creating works of art.
Filmmaker Ava DuVernay hit back at King, calling his comments “backward and ignorant.” Author Laura Lippman also called out King, saying that the Hollywood system is “rigged.”
Roxane Gay, the author and contributing opinion writer at The New York Times, expressed her disappointment in King, saying that “most industries only believe in quality from one demographic.”
King has become a darling among left-wing Hollywood types and the cultural elite for his vehement anti-Trump stance. The author of The Shining and Misery has repeatedly insulted President Donald Trump  and his supporters on social media, calling him a “horse’s ass” and a “vile, racist, and incompetent bag of guts.

hahahahahahaha

• Haha 2

• Replies 111.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

2 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Oscars: Left Torches Stephen King for Saying Quality Matters in the Arts, Not Diversity

Author and Trump hater Stephen King is feeling the heat from fellow liberals following his tweets about the Academy Award nominations, in which he said that quality is more important than diversity when it comes to creating works of art.
Filmmaker Ava DuVernay hit back at King, calling his comments “backward and ignorant.” Author Laura Lippman also called out King, saying that the Hollywood system is “rigged.”
Roxane Gay, the author and contributing opinion writer at The New York Times, expressed her disappointment in King, saying that “most industries only believe in quality from one demographic.”
King has become a darling among left-wing Hollywood types and the cultural elite for his vehement anti-Trump stance. The author of The Shining and Misery has repeatedly insulted President Donald Trump  and his supporters on social media, calling him a “horse’s ass” and a “vile, racist, and incompetent bag of guts.

hahahahahahaha

Quality is a universal desire.  Only the left adds The demographic to it.

• Like 2

The federal government spent a record $1,163,090,000,000 in the first three months of fiscal 2020 (October through December), according to the Monthly Treasury Statement released Monday afternoon.

That was up $48,008,200,000 from the $1,115,081,800,000 (in constant December 2019 dollars) that the federal government spent in the first three months of fiscal 2019

9DDA7228-B89F-469A-967F-757F02784DB7.thumb.jpeg.c341fa697cbfb24a929b7be4605a8582.jpeg

Big banks’ demand for longer-term Federal Reserve liquidity flared up again on Tuesday, on a day where the central bank extended its plans to intervene in markets into mid-February. 

The Federal Reserve Bank of New York said it intervened twice via repurchase agreements, or repos. Eligible banks drew $47 billion in overnight liquidity from the central bank, less than the $120 billion the Fed was willing to provide. But the 14-day repo saw banks offer the Fed $43.2 billion in securities, against the Fed’s $35 billion cap. Collectively, the Fed added $82 billion in temporary liquidity to the financial system.

On Monday, the Fed had added $60.7 billion overnight liquidity.

Fed repo interventions take in U.S. Treasurys, agency and mortgage bonds from eligible banks in what is effectively a short-term loan of central-bank cash, collateralized by the securities. Banks eligible to access these operations—the firms are called primary dealers—are limited in the amount of liquidity they can tap from the Fed

When the Fed last updated information on its holdings on Thursday, it said its balance sheet stood at $4.11 trillion as of Jan. 9, versus $3.8 trillion in September. About $210.6 billion in repo interventions were also outstanding then.

President Donald Trump vowed he will get Mexico to pay for the border wall, saying an announcement will come during the 2020 presidential election campaign.

"By the way, they think they caught me," Trump said, pointing to the media during his campaign rally Tuesday night in Milwaukee. "They never catch us.

"Because, you know Mexico's paying for the wall. You know that. You'll see that."

Although his 2016 campaign left open the possibility that Mexico might somehow contribute to the cost indirectly, Trump repeatedly roused the campaign rally crowd Tuesday night in Milwaukee with the straight-ahead promise: "I will have Mexico pay for that wall."

"It's all worked out," Trump continued Tuesday night. "Mexico's paying; it's driving them crazy. Now, they're saying he's building the wall, but Mexico didn't pay.

"Mexico will pay, and here's the thing: You'll see that. It'll come out."

Trump teased a future announcement on how he will get Mexico to pay for the wall at the general election debate this coming fall, a "real debate," Trump said, rejecting the Democratic presidential primary debate also going on in Iowa on Tuesday night.

"We'll do it sometime during the debate, maybe before," Trump said. "Our debate, the real debate. The real debate that people are going to watch."

Edited by Dric902

9 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Sorry, but

I can’t see him getting through security with it

I have walked into the Michigan governors office open carrying a 1911 in the past. The capital building here is legal to carry, the guys that were carrying AR-15's were asked by the capital police (state cops) to be careful to not damage any furniture by banging the guns into the wood. I have a hard time believing Michigan is more gun friendly than Texas.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dric902 said:

hahahahahahaha

Dog, dog, dog eat dog....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.e323fc2a1b83332b4a5077ded3168ebc.png

Once you defer to the enemy, you don't want to do it again.  Her culture is a definite threat to the USA.  They even tell us so!

This isn't about religion, this is about a culture that accepts no one that doesn't subscribe to it.

Our culture is what made this country great.  Her culture is what would spell the demise of this country, all due to "culture".

Edited by janice6
  • Like 4

I had a conversation with an old friend today about non carry on base.

I know, I know. Best and brightest, fighting men, doing it all for mom and apple pie, serving and fighting the scourge of the earth. 

I get it, been there done that

I also remember pulling Staff Duty and having the SD driver spend half the night driving troops from the front gate to the barracks drunk on their asses. I remember junior enlisted showing up at morning formation with cigarette burns on their arms, one with an iron imprint on his face. I’ve seen barracks brawls, fights over women, fights over promotion ego, fights among sections. I’ve seen off base people get arrested for domestics more times than I can count, one for killing his wife and throwing her out of the housing areas window.

I remember pulling CQ and having hospital runs from fights and alcohol poisonings

I don’t want them carrying in most cases. I know of units I would completely trust to carry, carry on The Farm should be required.

I’m for security of the base and personnel, and I think every base should be a closed base.

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1