Random Political/Social Posting

Eric

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

Our honesty and intellectual integrity is not dependent on the adversaries level of honesty and integrity. If it is....they beat you

fighting fire with fire can be used as an excuse to lower our standards to the level of theirs because...of theirs.

fight the dies with extinguishers of truth and facts, cut through their BS quotes and memes with reality and common sense. Not making up our own.

Trumps goals may not be as aligned with yours as you think. Don’t put on MAGA blinders.

Pelosi is corrupt, degenerate, lying, despicable person. She’s not stupid, she is a political animal and has been leading this tribe for a long time. She will use the popularity of current events and personalities, like the squad, until they try to cut into her territory. Then they I’ll beat off like a hippies jeans without a second thought.

she gives a rats ass about SF, that’s a State/local issue.....unless she can use it.

expecting long term honesty and integrity of a democrook is a waste of time. Not a chance this side of a vegetative state that I would ever vote for one. 

if you have to BE them to BEAT them........you ARE them.
You just wear different jersey

Ric

You implied that Trump was not living up to his campaign promises regarding deportations and illegals.  I pointed out that he has been trying, but has had roadblocks thrown in his way from both the left and the RINOs.  You dismissed that by pretty much saying "Politics.  No excuse."

Someone later made a negative comment about Pelosi's district, and you reply basically with "it"s not HER fault; these things are out of her hands".  

I'm simply asking you to apply similar standards and consideration to Trump's actions (or lack thereof), and take into account the extremely active opposition that has arisen and impeded or blocked nearly everything he has attempted to do.  No more, no less.  Stop the 'Trump has accomplished nothing, it's all his fault, Trump bad!' vs 'Nancy can't do those things, it's out of her hands!'  Either there are external factors in play that affect what can be done or there are not - pick one, and apply it to both parties.

-Pat

Edited by Cubdriver
  • Like 3

• Replies 112.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

16 minutes ago, Cubdriver said:

You implied that Trump was not living up to his campaign promises regarding deportations and illegals.  I pointed out that he has been trying, but has had roadblocks thrown in his way from both the left and the RINOs.  You dismissed that by pretty much saying "Politics.  No excuse."

Someone later made a negative comment about Pelosi's district, and you reply basically with "it"s not HER fault; these things are out of her hands".  

I'm simply asking you to apply similar standards and consideration to Trump's actions (or lack thereof), and take into account the extremely active opposition that has arisen and impeded or blocked nearly everything he has attempted to do.  No more, no less.  Stop the 'Trump has accomplished nothing, it's all his fault, Trump bad!' vs 'Nancy can't do those things, it's out of her hands!'  Either there are external factors in play that affect what can be done or there are not - pick one, and apply it to both parties.

-Pat

I don’t get on the current days outrage train very easily. Children, Vets, family will get me fired up. Full grown average intelligent people pushing something doesn’t do anything for me. I’m just not a “join the crowd and cheer” person.

Let me say this very gently to not start anything here. Nothing against you, just trying to avoid the knee jerk foolishness.

Do not paint a Trump picture of everything that you want him to be, told he is, or he tells you what he wants.
And not look at him with open eyes and a critical scrutiny on every issue.

Many, many times as to be the normal way ‘things are done’ is to campaign on issues to get elected, get elected. If you solve the issue, you lose the issue and can’t run on an accomplishment, you have to run on crisis. Accomplishments don’t win, crisis do.

The best way to do this is to demonize the ‘other side’ as preventing you from doing what you campaigned on doing. That way you have to vote again and get more.

’I am trying to (fill in the blank), but “we need” the House/ Senate/ White House” whatever it is you don’t currently control.
If you do control it, you need a bigger majority ‘we need 60 votes to do this’

Also everytime you do something, put a time limit on it. ‘we got the biggest tax cut in the history of tax cuts’ but it has a ten year sunset. Why? You have to keep voting for us to keep the tax cuts (or whatever the current issue is) corporate tax cuts were permanent, our is temporary

Nothing a President promises on his first term will be done without an expiration date or an opposition that will ‘take it away’ unless you vote to prevent yourself from losing whatever it is. The voters must be made to stay on the edge of their seats in anticipation and anxiety that they will lose everything if they don’t maintain enthusiasm. Because everything you have is at dire and present risk of complete destruction in the next few days/hours/elections.

How many times have you heard “the most important election in decades/years/lifetime/ever”

it’s marketing 101/ political science 2.0

There is a whole ‘white out level’ of bull crap and spin coming at you from every direction. 
30 seconds of objective thinking and a decent memory will, many times, result in a “that’s bull crap” realization.

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

I don’t get on the current days outrage train very easily. Children, Vets, family will get me fired up. Full grown average intelligent people pushing something doesn’t do anything for me. I’m just not a “join the crowd and cheer” person.

Let me say this very gently to not start anything here. Nothing against you, just trying to avoid the knee jerk foolishness.

Do not paint a Trump picture of everything that you want him to be, told he is, or he tells you what he wants.
And not look at him with open eyes and a critical scrutiny on every issue.

Many, many times as to be the normal way ‘things are done’ is to campaign on issues to get elected, get elected. If you solve the issue, you lose the issue and can’t run on an accomplishment, you have to run on crisis. Accomplishments don’t win, crisis do.

The best way to do this is to demonize the ‘other side’ as preventing you from doing what you campaigned on doing. That way you have to vote again and get more.

’I am trying to (fill in the blank), but “we need” the House/ Senate/ White House” whatever it is you don’t currently control.
If you do control it, you need a bigger majority ‘we need 60 votes to do this’

Also everytime you do something, put a time limit on it. ‘we got the biggest tax cut in the history of tax cuts’ but it has a ten year sunset. Why? You have to keep voting for us to keep the tax cuts (or whatever the current issue is) corporate tax cuts were permanent, our is temporary

Nothing a President promises on his first term will be done without an expiration date or an opposition that will ‘take it away’ unless you vote to prevent yourself from losing whatever it is. The voters must be made to stay on the edge of their seats in anticipation and anxiety that they will lose everything if they don’t maintain enthusiasm. Because everything you have is at dire and present risk of complete destruction in the next few days/hours/elections.

How many times have you heard “the most important election in decades/years/lifetime/ever”

it’s marketing 101/ political science 2.0

There is a whole ‘white out level’ of bull crap and spin coming at you from every direction. 
30 seconds of objective thinking and a decent memory will, many times, result in a “that’s bull crap” realization.

I'm not painting Trump as the picture of perfection; I know he's not perfect and I'm aware of the games politicians play.  I was initially responding, weeks ago, to your immigration control performance implication.  Are you now saying that leftist judges HAVEN'T been hamstringing his efforts in that regard?  Are you suggesting that Trump is colluding with those judges to issue the injunctions, so he'll have something to run on next year?  If not, then why are they issuing the injunctions?  Why does it seem everything gets challenged in a friendly-to-the-left court?

And just in case you haven't picked up on it yet, Trump is not a 'normal' politician, so perhaps THAT'S something you should consider in your scrutinization of him.  It seems to me (and I may be mistaken in this, but it's based on my reading of your posts) that you see him in a negative light.  I rarely recall seeing you post much of anything positive about him, but you frequently have negative things to say, often subtly, but negative just the same.  Your scrutiny appears to me to have a bias.

-Pat

• Like 1

image.png.b39a7a4a56652e0434a7fd84ac5c4628.png

Residents at Dianagården were told they would have to leave because the toilets in the facility were 5cm too small to comply with regulations.

However, soon after the 48 apartments were emptied, they were filled with newly arrived migrants.

“It was later revealed that politicians planned that immigrants would instead move into the premises,” reports Fria Tider.

In 2015, Sweden accepted more refugees per capita than any other country, and despite worsening problems with sexual assaults, grenade attacks and violent crime, the inflow shows no sign of being seriously restricted.

A recent opinion poll found that the anti-mass migration Sweden Democrats are now the most popular party in Sweden. The Sweden Democrats would get 24.2% of the votes if an election was held today, beating the ruling Social Democrats.

Back in October, Leif Östling, former CEO of trucking company Scania, warned that Sweden is heading towards civil war due to uncontrolled mass immigration.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/stockholm-elderly-residents-kicked-out-apartments-make-way-migrants

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Cubdriver said:

I'm not painting Trump as the picture of perfection; I know he's not perfect and I'm aware of the games politicians play.  I was initially responding, weeks ago, to your immigration control performance implication.  Are you now saying that leftist judges HAVEN'T been hamstringing his efforts in that regard?  Are you suggesting that Trump is colluding with those judges to issue the injunctions, so he'll have something to run on next year?  If not, then why are they issuing the injunctions?  Why does it seem everything gets challenged in a friendly-to-the-left court?

And just in case you haven't picked up on it yet, Trump is not a 'normal' politician, so perhaps THAT'S something you should consider in your scrutinization of him.  It seems to me (and I may be mistaken in this, but it's based on my reading of your posts) that you see him in a negative light.  I rarely recall seeing you post much of anything positive about him, but you frequently have negative things to say, often subtly, but negative just the same.  Your scrutiny appears to me to have a bias.

-Pat

Ok

my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it

I'm having a late breakfast.  I decided to go with a healthy fruit based meal.  So I have a large high calorie Blueberry Muffin, that I have soaked in Sweet Cherry juice, with a hot cup of Coffee.

I should live to at least one Hundred if my concern for healthy meals continues.  Or till next week, which ever comes first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2