• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

7 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Rhodesia became Zimbabwe, chased away most white farmers, and became a beggar for food rather than an exporter. South Africa is following the same path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely!

This points out that the problem of growing enough food to support your population isn't that you can't, It's that you are to stupid to grow it.

The United States grows considerable produce in land that is total crap, but with the addition of necessary nutrients, production is only dependent on the lands drainage and available water.  Both can be managed if you have the determination to provide for yourself.  We have shown this in the American southwest.

The problem of inadequate food occurs when politicians run things and the money for food production goes into their pockets instead.  Once again, Politicians are the single group most able to bring a country to complete ruin!

In Michigan a 100 year study of farm land was done to find out what determined the lands production capability.  The answer was "WATER".  to a great degree nothing else had as great an impact on crop production.

Edited by janice6

Look at the better established Asian countries.  They don't pave over land that can be used to produce food, cities that ARE in farmable land will have a dozen or so 15-30 story high apartment buildings, not sprawling all over the place like we do it here in Western Civilization.

They've dealt with crowding and overpopulation for centuries longer than we have, if we could manage to be a little less greedy and wasteful we'd have enough land to grow food for a billion or more people just within the borders of the United States.

1 minute ago, Cougar_ml said:

Look at the better established Asian countries.  They don't pave over land that can be used to produce food, cities that ARE in farmable land will have a dozen or so 15-30 story high apartment buildings, not sprawling all over the place like we do it here in Western Civilization.

They've dealt with crowding and overpopulation for centuries longer than we have, if we could manage to be a little less greedy and wasteful we'd have enough land to grow food for a billion or more people just within the borders of the United States.

Absolutely!

I saw some of the best farmland in my state being paved over for a strip mall.  Instant gratification doesn't hold up in the long term.

• Like 1

it just doesn't have enough monetary value as farmland near a large city.  The area around the Puyallup river is some of the best farmland in the world, but now it's a suburb of Seattle and the only farming is the occasional backyard garden.

Then the same idiots that build in these prime farmland areas also complain when it floods every few years, because the reason WHY it's such good farmland is because it's a @!#$!@ floodplain to begin with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.ef270aa741d6286cd762deb369eb5e21.png

There is big money in this game. I found out that here in Michigan you get a dope card as a grower you can have 6 plants, then once they grow you can sell the weed to the druggies and the staulks to the CBD Oil folks and make about 10K per plant. I'm starting to think I might need to get in on some of that currency.

I am thinking about having a liberal rent one of my properties, have them get their dope license and tell them they can keep one plant for their medicinal purposes and get free rent for their service. This would cost me $13200.00 in rental losses but I would gain 50K for the other 5 plants or $36800.00 net. That seems like a lot of money to allow others to make for minimal effort.

I was one of the 6 people in this state that voted to NOT allow the legalization and found I am once again in the minority, I'm starting to think "if you can't beat em...…."

image.png.d5e37554f7be2f72f7d94ec7d0081986.png

"In an exclusive interview on Sunday, YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki talked with 60 Minutes’ Lesley Stahl about how the site will handle political advertisements ahead of the 2020 election.

The Trump campaign ads, which generally ran over the summer, were taken down by the companies within days of being posted.

Following the 2016 election, Google and YouTube began archiving all political advertisements on their sites.

Upon reviewing the archives, 60 Minutes found the 300 Trump ads removed over the summer were taken down without reason."

https://www.infowars.com/60-minutes-google-youtube-took-down-300-trump-ads/

Edited by pipedreams
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.d5e37554f7be2f72f7d94ec7d0081986.png

"In an exclusive interview on Sunday, YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki talked with 60 Minutes’ Lesley Stahl about how the site will handle political advertisements ahead of the 2020 election.

The Trump campaign ads, which generally ran over the summer, were taken down by the companies within days of being posted.

Following the 2016 election, Google and YouTube began archiving all political advertisements on their sites.

Upon reviewing the archives, 60 Minutes found the 300 Trump ads removed over the summer were taken down without reason."

https://www.infowars.com/60-minutes-google-youtube-took-down-300-trump-ads/

To "collude" to prevent a political candidate from experiencing the exposure necessary to run for public office, doesn't mean you have to actually get into a smoky back room and plot.  You just have to suppress the viewpoint that you and others like you don't approve of.

See, this is about controlling speech and thought through suppressing those deemed unworthy.  The unforgivable part is when you run a major source of social interaction and use it to further your political agenda.

When information vehicles get so large that they are a significant source of communications, maybe they should face regulation to ensure objectivity instead of censorship.

• Thanks 1