• Replies 112.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

A military judge has ruled the arrests of 16 U.S. Marines accused of human smuggling during a Camp Pendleton Battalion formation were unlawful and a violation of their rights, according to reports.

Video of the July mass arrest surfaced last week. The Marines were hauled out of the formation and accused of participating in a scheme to smuggle illegal immigrants into the U.S. from Mexico, according to reports

https://www.foxnews.com/us/marines-camp-pendleton-human-smuggling-arrests-unlawful

Under the sweeping tax proposals introduced by Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren, some billionaires and multimillionaires could see their federal tax rate climb above 100 percent.

Tax rates higher than 100 percent could result from the combination of several tax hikes the Massachusetts senator has called for on the ultra-wealthy, as first reported by The Wall Street Journal. That includes increasing the top income-tax rate to 39.6 percent from 37 percent; imposing a new 14.8 percent on Social Security; slapping a 6 percent tax on individuals worth more than $1 billion and requiring investors to pay capital-gains taxes at the same rates as other incomes

For instance, a billionaire with a $1,000 investment who earns a 6 percent return, or $60, as a capital gain, dividend or interest could owe 58.2 percent of that, or $35 in federal tax. On top of that, that person would be hit with a 6 percent wealth tax, or an additional $60. The result: taxes as high as $95 on income of $60 for a combined tax rate of 158 percent, according to the Journal.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/warrens-tax-plan-could-bring-rates-over-100-for-some-billionaires

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

So last weekend I was standing near a guy getting people to sign a petition to get an initiative on the ballot to repeal I-1639.  I-1639 was poorly written, and some parts have very questionable constitutionality, but it's mostly about defining every semi auto rifle as an "assault weapon", requiring 10 day waiting period to buy one, mental health checks with no restrictions about when or how often they can do one on you if you buy a firearm (for any reason after that), and requiring "safe storage" while specifically stating there is no definition for safe storage.

The petitioner asked one lady if she would be willing to sign, she said no.  Her reason was "While I respect people's right to own guns, it should still be illegal to kill someone"

... the guy with the petition, the other guy at the booth, me, and several other bystanders all looked at each other at a complete loss of how to respond to that.  Do people really think like that?

• Sad 4

So last weekend I was standing near a guy getting people to sign a petition to get an initiative on the ballot to repeal I-1639.  I-1639 was poorly written, and some parts have very questionable constitutionality, but it's mostly about defining every semi auto rifle as an "assault weapon", requiring 10 day waiting period to buy one, mental health checks with no restrictions about when or how often they can do one on you if you buy a firearm (for any reason after that), and requiring "safe storage" while specifically stating there is no definition for safe storage.
The petitioner asked one lady if she would be willing to sign, she said no.  Her reason was "While I respect people's right to own guns, it should still be illegal to kill someone"
... the guy with the petition, the other guy at the booth, me, and several other bystanders all looked at each other at a complete loss of how to respond to that.  Do people really think like that?

Murder has been frowned upon since Cain and Able days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

You haven't been paying attention lately, have you? :shocked:

• Like 3