• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

12 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Farming is in the top ten of dangerous occupations - maybe number one. The farmer is usually working alone, with inherently dangerous equipment which may be poorly maintained, working to exhaustion and beyond most days which leads to carelessness... Add to that large animals, some of which consider humans to be enemies...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No argument from me. That is why I mentioned them as well. Without them most peoples lives would be extremely difficult.

The whole point of my original comment was that there are numerous occupations that people should respect the folks doing them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Mike said:

No argument from me. That is why I mentioned them as well. Without them most peoples lives would be extremely difficult.

The whole point of my original comment was that there are numerous occupations that people should respect the folks doing them. 

Today, too much emphasis is placed on "social popularity", and not on how well you treat other people. Getting your hands dirty working is no different than sweating over a desk, both are commendable jobs that have value.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, janice6 said:

Today, too much emphasis is placed on "social popularity", and not on how well you treat other people. Getting your hands dirty working is no different than sweating over a desk, both are commendable jobs that have value.

I just grabbed a few from the top 10 dangerous jobs in my earlier posts to make a point. You are correct though.

• Like 3