• Replies 112.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

"I said, whatever you do -- and we were still in the process of trying to find someone to take my place -- I said whatever you do, don’t hire a ‘yes man,’ someone who won’t tell you the truth -- don’t do that," Kelly said at the Washington Examiner's Sea Island Summit political conference in Georgia. "Because if you do, I believe you will be impeached."

President Trump announced last December that Kelly, a retired four-star Marine general, would leave his post at the end of 2018 following a 17-month tenure in the administration. Kelly previously served as secretary of the Department of Homeland Security. It was widely rumored he was considering leaving his position as chief of staff.

“It pains me to see what’s going on because I believe if I was still there or someone like me was there, he would not be kind of, all over the place," the retired general said Saturday, later saying that the "system" of advising the president so he can make informed decisions "clearly is not in place."

"And I feel bad that I left," Kelly added.

Trump fired back at Kelly's statements Saturday, claiming his former chief of staff "never said that, never said anything like that."

"If he would have said that I would have thrown him out of office," Trump said in a statement Saturday. "He just wants to come back into the action like everybody else does."

White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham said Kelly "was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great president."

Sounds like ‘yes men’ to me

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 1