Random Political/Social Posting

Eric

4 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Focusing on the big problems in the city

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is erasing overdue fees for library books and other items to "remove barriers that deter youth and low-income patrons" from reading and other educational activities.

Lightfoot announced Monday the Chicago Public Library will be "fine-free" starting Tuesday, making the Windy City the largest city in the nation to do so.

"Like too many Chicagoans, I know what it is like to grow up in financially-challenging circumstances and understand what it is like to be just one bill or one mistake away from crushing debt," Lightfoot said in a press release

This should end well...  How long will it be until Mayor Lightfoot is pleading for money to replace the permanently borrowed books and complaining that the empty library shelves are racist?

-Pat

• Replies 112.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

19 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.ce4aea079f25bef86dbd8bf81399425d.png

I'm sure that's coming.  Wait at least till the Biden/whistleblower thing fades, though.  These controversies are best served serially, so as to lengthen the time and effort to fight them, and provide distraction.

-Pat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Yes.  Chicago is buying books to give away.  How long before the library is an Obama library with no books.

That wouldn't take very long I think.  Not sure how many he books he had, but I'm sure at least a couple he didn't get to finish coloring in all the pictures.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

That wouldn't take very long I think.  Not sure how many he books he had, but I'm sure at least a couple he didn't get to finish coloring in all the pictures.

The story put out with the announcement of Obama's library, was that it would be video only and no text books.  This was the legitimate press release.

This was a sticking point with me, since the author of that article made the assumption that considering where the Obama Library was propose to  be located, the likely hood of the visitors being able to read was quite low.

At the same time, the response from the residents at the proposed location was very negative.  They believed the property could  be used for a better purpose.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/12/barack-obama-library-plans-anger-chicago-residents/

2 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Comparatively speaking, since Democrats and liberals look to a 16 year old for their environmental advice and leadership, she must be smarter than all the leftists combined, which isn't much of a claim to fame.  Adolescence, the goal of the left.  Judging from the performance of the members of their party, and politics in the House, this may be a reality.

4 hours ago, janice6 said:

Comparatively speaking, since Democrats and liberals look to a 16 year old for their environmental advice and leadership, she must be smarter than all the leftists combined, which isn't much of a claim to fame.  Adolescence, the goal of the left.  Judging from the performance of the members of their party, and politics in the House, this may be a reality.

There once was the Age of Reason and the Age of Enlightenment. We are now living in the Age of Insanity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.da7d0bec300df7b3763c8e0559e9c6c8.png

Like him or not, he is a duly elected President.  We had to tolerate Obama, you owe the country the same consideration.

Democrats take heed.  the power of passion does not equate to the power of reason.  You are stirring a Hornets nest that will come back to bite you HARD.  

You don't have the reasoning power to think that if you pull this crap, it will come back to haunt you in every way possible.  You will create the monster you think you are fighting now.

You try to usurp our government, and the Constitution will show us the way to punish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1