• Replies 112.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. ~Samuel Adams~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

If Democrooks love wealth better than your liberty, the tranquility of your servitude better than the animating contest of your freedom to speak, go home from us in peace we know where you live anyway. We listen not your counsels or allow you to have arms. Crouch down and lick my hands which feed you. May my chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were ever allowed to be our countrymen. ~Samuel Adams~

FIFY

Focusing on the big problems in the city

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is erasing overdue fees for library books and other items to "remove barriers that deter youth and low-income patrons" from reading and other educational activities.

Lightfoot announced Monday the Chicago Public Library will be "fine-free" starting Tuesday, making the Windy City the largest city in the nation to do so.

"Like too many Chicagoans, I know what it is like to grow up in financially-challenging circumstances and understand what it is like to be just one bill or one mistake away from crushing debt," Lightfoot said in a press release

27 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is erasing overdue fees for library books and other items to "remove barriers that deter youth and low-income patrons" from reading and other educational activities.

Lightfoot announced Monday the Chicago Public Library will be "fine-free" starting Tuesday, making the Windy City the largest city in the nation to do so.

"Like too many Chicagoans, I know what it is like to grow up in financially-challenging circumstances and understand what it is like to be just one bill or one mistake away from crushing debt," Lightfoot said in a press release

So you mean I can go to the library repeatedly, take home a bunch of books to resell on ebay and I won't get dinged for not returning them?

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

So you mean I can go to the library repeatedly, take home a bunch of books to resell on ebay and I won't get dinged for not returning them?

Because it’s keeping the poor from being educated obviously.

probably racist too

• Like 2

00420B85-A427-4B11-92E5-FAD99464823E.jpeg.e75ac349f6309603300ee93dafd6755c.jpeg

Thousands of Dutch farmers are heading en masse to the Netherlands capital, the Hague, to protest against environmental policies being inflicted on them by their coalition government.

Hundreds have converged on the capital by tractor, causing total tailbacks in excess of 1,000 km (620 miles) and bringing the city to a standstill.

The demonstration has been prompted by a suggestion from coalition party D66 that Dutch livestock farming should be slashed to meet commitments on reducing nitrogren emissions. Farming organisations say their members are sick of being described by politicians, the media and activists as pollutors and animal abusers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

Yes.  Chicago is buying books to give away.  How long before the library is an Obama library with no books.

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

Because it’s keeping the poor from being educated obviously.

probably racist too

The education they are receiving from the Chicago politics, is that stealing is ok and sanctioned by the government.  Anything you get for free has no value to the recipient in Chicago, other than what you can get from others by selling it.

The education the city is giving the Chicago voters is what's wrong with the city. 

4 hours ago, Dric902 said:

So in other words, you no longer have to Borrow books. Now you are allowed to steal them.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1