• Replies 112.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

Dear Congressmen. Next time a health care industry offers to support your campaign, think of the American citizens who must commit suicide because healthcare is too expensive for them! This is a Goddamn shame!

suicide yhoo.JPG

Edited by Paul53
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Ricordo said:

I know exactly what you are saying. I have published the following before, 40 years after-the-fact.

After many years of separation, I re-initiated a friendship with a childhood friend. As a young adult he had changed. Still a fun guy but with deep issues. One day he asked me for advice. He knew that I knew.  He was not aloof. He constantly talked about committing suicide. So he asked me on how to do it.

Some time later he gifted me a couple of his favorite 8-track tapes. I knew then he had made the decision.

After returning from being out, about a  month later, I found out that he did it. Exactly as I had told him. Death through firearm.

It's one of the things that I have done that I'm not exactly proud of. But I knew that there was a high probability that if I had not told him, he would still try it but turn into a vegetable. And I didn't want that for my friend.

No. Chances are I'm not going to Heaven.

One time my son came to me quite disturbed that his friend was talking of committing suicide.

I sat him down and discussed just how stupid it would be to take your own life to teach someone that didn't give a whit about you, a lesson (the reason for the suicide discussion with his friend).

I pointed out that a logical approach to this problem would be to eliminate the source of your problem instead.

Now my son didn't repeat this to anyone, but, he understood the futility of trying to punish another person when that person didn't care about you anyway!

Reason over emotion!

• Like 3

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Congressional Democrats recently noticed a problem in our nation: many of the people who voted for Donald Trump have yet to be beaten up.

Our Democratic leaders in Washington decided it was time to solve this problem because they are really good at identifying problems we didn't even know we had and then solving them.

Presidential candidate Joaquin Castro, who spearheaded the program, explained, "The solution is simple and cost-effective: a national Trump Voter Registry, forcing anyone who voted for Trump to register so people around them will be able to be cautious and vigilant while living among such reckless hate."

Anyone who voted for Trump will have to sign up on the national registry's website. Then, their name and address will automatically appear on a map of the country so that their neighbors can avoid them and hopefully beat them up.

The bill also contains many other requirements for Trump voters:

• They cannot live within 1,000 feet of a school, park, or civilized Democrat.
  • They must knock on all doors of other people in their neighborhood when they move in and identify themselves as a Trump voter.
  • They are required to wear their MAGA hats at all times so they can easily be identified as a legitimate target of harassment.
  • They must hire a crier to go before them and shout "SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!" whenever they go outside.
  • They are not allowed to get a job or conduct commerce unless they agree to get the Mark of Obama on their hand and forehead.

"With this new registry, we can finally have healing in our nation," said Nancy Pelosi. "Especially Trump voters. They'll have to have a lot of healing after they get punched in the face."

https://babylonbee.com/news/democrats-propose-creation-of-national-trump-voter-registry

3 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Congressional Democrats recently noticed a problem in our nation: many of the people who voted for Donald Trump have yet to be beaten up.

Our Democratic leaders in Washington decided it was time to solve this problem because they are really good at identifying problems we didn't even know we had and then solving them.

Presidential candidate Joaquin Castro, who spearheaded the program, explained, "The solution is simple and cost-effective: a national Trump Voter Registry, forcing anyone who voted for Trump to register so people around them will be able to be cautious and vigilant while living among such reckless hate."

Anyone who voted for Trump will have to sign up on the national registry's website. Then, their name and address will automatically appear on a map of the country so that their neighbors can avoid them and hopefully beat them up.

The bill also contains many other requirements for Trump voters:

• They cannot live within 1,000 feet of a school, park, or civilized Democrat.
  • They must knock on all doors of other people in their neighborhood when they move in and identify themselves as a Trump voter.
  • They are required to wear their MAGA hats at all times so they can easily be identified as a legitimate target of harassment.
  • They must hire a crier to go before them and shout "SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!" whenever they go outside.
  • They are not allowed to get a job or conduct commerce unless they agree to get the Mark of Obama on their hand and forehead.

"With this new registry, we can finally have healing in our nation," said Nancy Pelosi. "Especially Trump voters. They'll have to have a lot of healing after they get punched in the face."

https://babylonbee.com/news/democrats-propose-creation-of-national-trump-voter-registry

I invite anyone to come and try to "re-educate" me. 

If you threaten me with physical violence for my politics, I will threaten you with physical violence by firearm!

I know it's satire, but mine is not.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

Reason over emotion!

When we re-initiated our friendship, my friend regularly commented that he was going to be latest in his family to commit suicide. The one before him? His mother, when he was a small child. Never knew that when we were younger.

Revolver .32. Pulled the trigger twice. The first one did not go off.

I tried to convince him to seek therapy. Many times. So did other friends of him, I later found out. You could say that he was a tortured soul.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

When we re-initiated our friendship, my friend regularly commented that he was going to be latest in his family to commit suicide. The one before him? His mother, when he was a small child. Never knew that when we were younger.

Revolver .32. Pulled the trigger twice. The first one did not go off.

I tried to convince him to seek therapy. Many times. So did other friends of him, I later found out. You could say that he was a tortured soul.

I will agree that there are some people that find their worse enemy is in their own head.  It's too bad...…….…..

• Like 2

A long time ago, I wrote a paper expounding the theory of bio-chemical imbalances as determinants in social interactions. The range went from social conduct (heightened rationality) to behavioural interactions (diminished rationality). The ultimate purpose would refer something like this:

"Everything you think, do and say
Is in the pill you took today"

Scary stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic

Edited by Ricordo
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

A long time ago, I wrote a paper expounding the theory of bio-chemical imbalances as determinants in social interactions. The range went from social conduct (heightened rationality) to behavioural interactions (diminished rationality). The ultimate purpose would refer something like this:

"Everything you think, do and say
Is in the pill you took today"

Scary stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic

It seems that the height of the extremism is directly correlated to the width of the foundation. 

A social person (face to face) rather than the “social” person (online usernames) is a much more grounded and stable personality.

When your day is spent going deeper and deeper into the online self sustaining spiral of anonymity, the behavior of  “I must have a response even further along” “I can beat that” etc, common civility goes away frighteningly quickly.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

It seems that the height of the extremism is directly correlated to the width of the foundation. 

A social person (face to face) rather than the “social” person (online usernames) is a much more grounded and stable personality.

When your day is spent going deeper and deeper into the online self sustaining spiral of anonymity, the behavior of  “I must have a response even further along” “I can beat that” etc, common civility goes away frighteningly quickly.

But not in every instance.

What was sought was uniformity of thought, action and expression. It was deemed a simpler method than dealing with countless genomic variants.

• Like 1

Let me put it this way, Dric902.

I sure hope that it never comes to fruition. Imagine the implications.

No. It wasn't my idea to start with, after all.

Edited by Ricordo
I just compiled previously developed thoughts on the matter. And added a spin.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.e431a0be2d46f54c63fa281f383130ac.png

Lawyers.  I'm not surprised that lawyers need lawyers.

“Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers.”
George R.R. Martin, Ace in the Hole

“The minute you read something that you can't understand, you can almost be sure that it was drawn up by a lawyer. ” Will Rogers

“Has he come armed, then?” she asked anxiously. “Has he brought a pistol or a sword?”
Ian shook his head, his dark hair lifting wildly in the wind.
“Oh, no, Mam!” he said. “It’s worse. He’s brought a lawyer!” Diana Gabaldon, Voyager

“All we know about the new economic world tells us that nations which train engineers will prevail over those which train lawyers. No nation has ever sued its way to greatness. ”
Richard Lamm

“Don't forget that we lawyers, we're a higher breed of intellect, and so it's our privilege to lie. It's as clear as day. Animals can't even imagine lying: if you were to find yourself among some wild islanders, they too would only speak the truth until they learned about European culture.”
Yevgeny Zamyatin, Islanders and The Fisher of Men

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

20fd97e872719d71.jpeg

Still, they can't be underestimated. They have a huge arsenal of depleted-uranium tipped bobby pins. And that's only with those who identify themselves as male. 

Race-Imboden-GettyImages-1167100212-1.jp

Edited by Ricordo
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Ricordo said:

Still, they can't be underestimated. They have a huge arsenal of depleted-uranium tipped bobby pins. And that's only with those who identify themselves as male. 

Race-Imboden-GettyImages-1167100212-1.jp

How many Olympic Athletes from other nations can you think of that dissed their own country during the ceremonies.

You may argue that freedom means the right to be wrong, but reason says that there must be a better forum for this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The galoot gets high praise and a narcissist massage from social media and it got him on TV to expound his insincere moral superiority.

He propably gets to deliver the keynote address at the Democrat National Convention.

He's in SJW, whiny, millennial heaven.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1