• Replies 111.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

https://www.redstate.com/tladuke/2018/10/15/breaking....-saudi-arabia-will-admit-killed-journalist-jamal-khashoggi

as with just about everything international lately, it’s politically charged.

the Saudis say the reporter died during an interrogation. Turkey says they targeted him for killing by a death squad and released our pastor they were holding as a political prisoner.

Attempting to drive a wedge between us and Saudi Arabia just as an arms sale was being announced. I’m sure it was just a coincidence

• Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:24 AM, tous said:

On a current topic, I am somewhat puzzled over the frenetic outcry over the disappearance of Jamal Khashoggi.

He was a journalist, no, strike that, he was a reporter.  Journalism as a profession no longer exists.

He was a reporter for the Washington Post and given his location, I assume he reported on the Middle East.

So, this man wasn't a revered civil rights leader, not a great scientist, no Novel Prize, even the fake ones, were awarded him.

He was not a famous movie or television actor nor a songwriter/performer of repute.

I suggest that 99.5% of the American populace had never heard of him before he walked into a Saudi embassy.

So, why are the media and the professional liars insisting that we disrupt the entire balance of power in the world because, as stated, he walked into a Saudi embassy and purportedly, didn't walk out?

No one seemed that upset when ISIS decapitated Daniel Pearl.    He was a reporter as well.  The Middle East was his beat.

Could it be because Daniel Pearl worked for the Wall Street Journal?  Or perhaps because he was an Israeli?  Or that there was no mystery, no international intrigue about his murder at the hands of savages?

I wish Mr. Khashoggi no harm or ill will and hope he is well , but why is he now a symbol of -- heck, I have no idea what he is a symbol of.

Agreed; however I do support a joint investigation by both US legislative branches.  I say, send in a small, high powered investigative team representing the House and the Senate.  Have them go to that Saudi embassy and spend as long as it takes to get a resolution.

Send in Nancy Pelosi and Chucky Schumer!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MtnBiker said:

Agreed; however I do support a joint investigation by both US legislative branches.  I say, send in a small, high powered investigative team representing the House and the Senate.  Have them go to that Saudi embassy and spend as long as it takes to get a resolution.

I don't agree that an investigation by any US entity is either required nor warranted.  Mr. Khashoggi is not an American citizen, the event occurred in a foreign country involving another foreign country.

However, I do appreciate the humor and sarcasm.

I have Ms Pelosi and Mr. Schumer penciled in for the first manned flight to Mars.

Leaves tomorrow.

Won't be back for three years.

:biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MtnBiker said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8313055

• Like 1