Random Political/Social Posting

Eric

38 minutes ago, tous said:

They are professional liars, thus, they lie professionally, no?

We are experiencing the Doug Jones school of campaigning: run as a conservative, rule as a progressive.

It is likely a winning strategy.

I think it's more that they know their chances of winning are less if you know their liberal leanings, so they are banking on the voters to pick them on lesser, or no knowledge at all.

My sister is very liberal and she votes for the best looking guy, she has told me this! Or if a woman is running, for the woman.  I've quizzed her and she has no ideas of what the platforms are.

She regurgitates the liberal talking points but has no idea of what's involved.

The only consistent claims coming from these politicians are that the other guy is bad, but I'm good.  They will not tell me what they are for, just what they are against, and it's always the other guy.  

I don't believe that they think they can win if the voters know their real program.  It's devious and on the basis of that, I don't trust them.  Their platform is subterfuge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 112.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

24 minutes ago, janice6 said:

so they are banking on the voters to pick them on lesser, or no knowledge at all.

This isn't new.

We're both old enough to have seen many political campaigns and little has changed.

We can see the average voter in the remarks in this thread, no?

One side declares the other guy a big, lying poopy head and the other side believes that a clever meme is all that matters.

No one thinks, they simply believe. 

Unlike Reagan's morning in America, I believe that we are in the twilight of America.

It was good while it lasted.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.ab1b6fc4da543df89db947d7560b5572.png

I had to Google this.

And, yeah, that's what she said. Wow, she is a world-class moron!!!!

Waters said that while the Grammy Award–winning artist "is a very creative young man," he sometimes needs help to "formulate some of his thoughts." 

“Kanye West is a very creative young man who has presented some of the most revolutionary material in the African-American community," Waters told Politico at the event. "But we also think that sometimes Kanye West talks out of turn and perhaps sometimes he needs some assistance in helping him to formulate some of his thoughts.”

"We don’t think that he actually means to do harm, but we’re not sure he really understands the impact of what he’s saying, at the time that he’s saying it and how that weighs on, particularly the African-American community — and for young people in general," she added. "And I think maybe he should think twice about politics, and maybe not have so much to say."

West caused a stir on social media last week when he tweeted his support for Trump, whom he called his "brother."

“We are both dragon energy. He is my brother,” West tweeted.

Trump repeatedly touted West's support, thanking the rapper on Twitter and praising West for doing "a great service to the Black Community." 

• Like 1