• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

57 minutes ago, berto62 said:

So you'd rather have a Liberal Democrat in the senate (Beto O'Rourke) who is an advocate of gun control? He wants a new national universal background check law, opposes national gun-carry reciprocity, and calls for additional funding for government research on "gun violence". He also is in favor of banning "assault rifles" and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

Why would anyone on a gun forum support someone like that?

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

So you'd rather have a Liberal Democrat in the senate (Beto O'Rourke) who is an advocate of gun control? He wants a new national universal background check law, opposes national gun-carry reciprocity, and calls for additional funding for government research on "gun violence". He also is in favor of banning "assault rifles" and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

Because he's a DU troll.

-Pat

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

Because Ted Cruz is a bigger POS than tRump. A quote from  Brett Stephens that describes Cruz much more eloquently than I can 

"Because he’s like a serpent covered in Vaseline. Because he treats the American people like two-bit suckers in 10-gallon hats. Because he sucks up to the guy who insulted his wife — by retweet, no less. Because of his phony piety and even phonier principles. Because I see him as the spiritual love child of the 1980s televangelist Jimmy Swaggart and Jack Nicholson’s character in “The Shining.” Because his ethics are purely situational. Because he makes Donald Trump look like a human being by comparison. Because “New York values.” Because his fellow politicians detest him, and that’s just among Republicans. Because he never got over being the smartest kid in eighth grade. Because he’s conniving enough to try to put one over you, but not perceptive enough to realize that you see right through him. Because he’s the type of man who would sell his family into slavery if that’s what it took to get elected. And that he would use said slavery as a sob story to get himself re-elected.
Otherwise, you might say I’m his No. 1 fan."   

Perhaps it is useful to note that Mr. Stevens is a political commentator for the New York Times and NBC News.

His style, including disparaging remarks with every sentence, tells me that his reporting is not journalism or even editorial, but rather invective.

Please, amigos.

Rebut and propose rather than call each other big poopy heads.

Don't be like Mr. Stevens.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, berto62 said:

Because Ted Cruz is a bigger POS than tRump. A quote from  Brett Stephens that describes Cruz much more eloquently than I can 

"Because he’s like a serpent covered in Vaseline. Because he treats the American people like two-bit suckers in 10-gallon hats. Because he sucks up to the guy who insulted his wife — by retweet, no less. Because of his phony piety and even phonier principles. Because I see him as the spiritual love child of the 1980s televangelist Jimmy Swaggart and Jack Nicholson’s character in “The Shining.” Because his ethics are purely situational. Because he makes Donald Trump look like a human being by comparison. Because “New York values.” Because his fellow politicians detest him, and that’s just among Republicans. Because he never got over being the smartest kid in eighth grade. Because he’s conniving enough to try to put one over you, but not perceptive enough to realize that you see right through him. Because he’s the type of man who would sell his family into slavery if that’s what it took to get elected. And that he would use said slavery as a sob story to get himself re-elected.

So you'd rather have upstanding Democrats like Dianne Feinstein, Dick Durban and Chuck Schumer in charge of the Senate, lunatics like Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters in control of the house, and a horribly corrupt and dishonest Hillary Clinton as president?

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, berto62 said:

Why is everybody so upset about Mr. Brett Stephens describing himself this way?  This is a free country after all.  

And for those who would say that he is saying this about Senator Cruz, I would point out two quotes from our past.  The first is “projection” from multiple psychiatrists.  

The other is “Better to be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.”  That is from another American President who was called everything that Trump has been called.  Named Abraham Lincoln.  

Hawk 

Edited by Brown Hawk

50 minutes ago, berto62 said:

All that hearsay and not one solid fact.