Beer!

TBO

9 minutes ago, KWalrad said:

Nice, light raspberry flavor. Worth adding to the rotation.

IMG_20180706_174422165.jpg

I’m wondering if that brewery also makes the other Celis beers. Celis White, Celis Grand Cru, etc....

Last brewery to make Celis beer was the now defunct Michigan Brewing Company.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KBKEITH said:

I’m wondering if that brewery also makes the other Celis beers. Celis White, Celis Grand Cru, etc....

Last brewery to make Celis beer was the now defunct Michigan Brewing Company.

This one's out of Austin. It lists the Brew Master as Pierre Celis, but no mention of other offerings. It was a single, but I'd definitely buy it again.

• Like 4

Pierre Celis(born in Hoegarden, Belgium) past away in 2011.  The daughter opened a brewery in Austin.  Read the wiki link below to know the whole story that has connections to Michigan, etc.

https://www.craftbeer.com/featured-brewery/pierre-celis-vision-revived-daughter-reopens-celis-brewery

https://www.celisbeers.com/our-beers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celis_White

Celis is doing very well here in Texas as of late again.  We went years without seeing it here after one of the "big 3" bought it.   Glad the daughter is able to right the ship.

Edited by Scwine
  • Like 4

On 12/4/2017 at 11:36 AM, KBKEITH said:

Behold currently one of the most sought after beers. Picked up this bottle on Saturday and was able to find one more Sunday. I am putting one away for long-term storage and the other I’ll drink on Christmas or maybe New Years. If you’re into Stouts check your local stores as this is extremely limited. They don’t put it out on the shelves. You have to ask for it.

329840F7-B889-48F1-8326-7D8B9C1431E2.jpeg

Founders is absolutely OUTSTANDING in my opinion.  Their Kentucky Breakfast Stout is one of my favorites.  I actually met the founders of Founders at a bar in Grand Rapids.  Got quite lit with them too.  

Edited by Wishoot
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just had to post in here to check things out.   

Post count is not impressive for a 2 year old thread.  There must be a better one somewhere... :crylikeender:

I'm not too much on board with the fruit and sour beers, but this one is pretty good.  

founders-rubaeus.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, stevekozak said:

Is anybody out there? Hello hello, is there anybody in here? Just nod if you can hear me, Is there anyone at home? 

Relax... I need some information first, just the basic facts...

(this is from a country / toby keith kinda guy, but I got the reference.  My roommate in college loved pink floyd.)  :D

redbridge.png

• Like 2

On 8/27/2017 at 8:55 PM, G30SF/F-250 said:

I am constantly rotating beers but with this question I was asking about the pic.

i accidentally drank on a weekday last week and got confused with the sideways pics so I gave up due to drinking half a beer and sniffing a scotch cork.

This evening I was so sober TBO would have made fun of me and I still couldn't figure out how to post the pic properly.

As for now, someone replaced my heathy water with alcohol as a prank so I can't try to figure it out.

:cheers:

Make the picture smaller and it will fit on the page vertically.  Or rotate it in another graphics program, such as "IrfanView" then save it, it's free and also lets you scale the size of the picture in its "save as" option.

On 7/21/2019 at 10:51 AM, G19 DB said:

It is a little dusty, w/ lots o' crickets in here...  ?

It started with gusto, but faded like the head on a Coors draft.

I check in every so often but usually find myself humming along to George Thorogood's "I Drink Alone".

No new decent brews around lately, just putting down Dos Equis Amber and Modelo Negra like I'm afraid they're gonna run out of the stuff.

Cheers Amigos!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As mentioned in the previous post, I've been on a Dos Equis kick lately. Here's a different take on the old standby.

Heavier than the standard green bottle, with a hint of heat. Pares well with a cigar or a greasy plate of enchiladas.

Salude!

15643497459062428219455891567346.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, Valmet said:

It’s been awhile since this thread saw some life. Had some of this recently and enjoyed it. Anyone else here a fan of Boddington’s from across the pond?

41BE8F5F-25FF-40FE-8166-97F04F408BC5.png

We have a "Chippy"  (fish and chip shop) in town and he has Boddingtons on tap.  Its one of the few beers I can drink and don't get reflux.  Has to do with the nitrogen carbonation I think.

Anyways, It taste great!!!

Edited by GT4494
  • Like 2

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.