FYI CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 issue and remedey

syntaxerrorsix

I unloaded a few 30 rounders today at the 25 yard line. Offhand I typically group about 2.5-3". Today on the second magazine I went from hero to zero and spent about 450 more rounds to rectify the situation. 

The second magazine landed exactly 6 hits all over the map. I went supported and wasted another two mags. 

I killed the red dot and went irons and did marginally better. 

After getting home and stripping down the gun I found that the thread protector under the flash suppressor had unscrewed and was stuck in the flash suppressor. I was shooting the thread protector and causing errant hits. 

The thread protector was fairly well hammered in to the flash suppressor but once I got it out and threaded everything back together I started making money again. Decided to just ditch the thread protector after I got home. No need with the flash suppressor installed. 

I was certain my red dot had lost it's marbles but once again, operator error reigns supreme. 

Hope that helps someone. 

Edited by syntaxerrorsix
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 7 months later...

New problem has crept up on me.  The right side receiver plate sling attachment has broke off.  I had the Parker Mountain Machine QD sling point attached and was shooting with the sling offhand when it broke.  I can only assume I had bumped it or damaged it along the way because I wasn't putting too much force on it.

Bottom line is the right side receiver plate IS the firearm because that;s where the SN plate is located so there is no way to replace it without buying a new firearm.

So I pulled out the dremel and finished it off smooth and ran the sling through the brace loop.  CZ stated that as long as there wasn't a hole all the way through the plate I was good to go.  I imagine even if there was a hole the only concern would be dust and dirt.  Lesson here?  If you are shooting left handed don't use the rear receiver plate swivel or you might end up having a bad day.  The left hand receiver plate is replaceable and costs about $30....  

• Like 2