Crybaby Serena has a complete MELTDOWN

fortyofforty

Serena Williams should have kept her cool here, as she should have in the past.  But does that make her wrong?

I don't know much of anything about tennis and so I don't know what the standard is.  But I know that male tennis players have had less penalty for far worse attitude.  Regardless of whether the referees were within their rights, was that typical of how hothead male players are penalized or have their been high profile examples of male tennis players getting away with more for her expectations to be so off base?

4 hours ago, Mike said:

My friend I'm going to schedule a intervention for you.

This "lady" makes michelle obuma, you know "Big Mike" look like a lady and that is hard to do.

Neither Serena Williams nor Michelle Obama look like men.  Both of them have feminine appearances while being stronger than the average woman--Serena Williams particularly so.  If you find that threatens your masculinity, go lift some iron.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JTMac said:

Serena Williams should have kept her cool here, as she should have in the past.  But does that make her wrong?

I don't know much of anything about tennis and so I don't know what the standard is.  But I know that male tennis players have had less penalty for far worse attitude.  Regardless of whether the referees were within their rights, was that typical of how hothead male players are penalized or have their been high profile examples of male tennis players getting away with more for her expectations to be so off base?

Neither Serena Williams nor Michelle Obama look like men.  Both of them have feminine appearances while being stronger than the average woman--Serena Williams particularly so.  If you find that threatens your masculinity, go lift some iron.

Got to disagree with your last point there.  They do have some masculine faces.  Michelle looks like somebody shaved the head ridges off a klingon.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JTMac said:

She was wrong, and compounded the problem.  Coaching is a violation.  Her coach coached.  He admitted it.  She responded, apparently, changing the style of her game, as the commentators pointed out.  Did she see it?  Nobody knows.  That is irrelevant.  Her coach caused the violation.

Then, she smashed her racket.  Strike two.

Then, she threatened the Umpire, that he'd never work the U.S. Open again, and demanded an apology when he was right.  She then accused him of being a "thief".

If Queen Serena doesn't know the rules, or doesn't like the rules, that's her problem.  The rules are what they are.  A warning is enough for men to get them to change their behavior.  A warning isn't enough for women, apparently.

Serena lost the first set.  I suspect she thought she'd lose the match, so had to work herself up into a lather.  It didn't work, except to give her an excuse for losing.

41 minutes ago, fortyofforty said:

She was wrong, and compounded the problem.  Coaching is a violation.  Her coach coached.  He admitted it.  She responded, apparently, changing the style of her game, as the commentators pointed out.  Did she see it?  Nobody knows.  That is irrelevant.  Her coach caused the violation.

Then, she smashed her racket.  Strike two.

Then, she threatened the Umpire, that he'd never work the U.S. Open again, and demanded an apology when he was right.  She then accused him of being a "thief".

If Queen Serena doesn't know the rules, or doesn't like the rules, that's her problem.  The rules are what they are.  A warning is enough for men to get them to change their behavior.  A warning isn't enough for women, apparently.

Serena lost the first set.  I suspect she thought she'd lose the match, so had to work herself up into a lather.  It didn't work, except to give her an excuse for losing.

My point--as was her point--was not whether she technically violated the rules.  The point was whether the rules are applied equally.  Just as with the law, everyone should endeavor to follow the rules, but they should not be selectively applied.

I do not follow the sport to have an idea of what the statistics are on enforcement for various rule infractions.  But there are a sports analysts and tennis players--male ones, even--who think that this wouldn't have happened to another class of person.

31 minutes ago, JTMac said:

My point--as was her point--was not whether she technically violated the rules.  The point was whether the rules are applied equally.  Just as with the law, everyone should endeavor to follow the rules, but they should not be selectively applied.

I do not follow the sport to have an idea of what the statistics are on enforcement for various rule infractions.  But there are a sports analysts and tennis players--male ones, even--who think that this wouldn't have happened to another class of person.

Poor little Serena.  She got coached.  It's a warning.  Warning.  Nobody shot her.  Nobody arrested her.  Nobody did anything.  Warning.  She accused the Umpire of lying, making false accusations.  He was right and she was wrong.  She owes him an apology.  Now, if she wants to claim the rules aren't enforced on players with penises, make that argument after the match, but play.  Go and play.  Stop whining.

She got penalized by being warned.  The Chair Umpire was following the rules.  Maybe that time he was looking at Serena's coach and saw it with his own eyes.  Maybe that's why he took action.  Maybe that Umpire doesn't ignore rules.  He was right.  Serena was wrong.  She lied and said there was no coaching when there was.  Clearly.  The coach got penalized.  Is it because she's a woman?  Seriously.   Give me a break.  Then she complained that men say worse things and don't get penalized.  Seriously.  Give me a break.

I have watched tennis for decades.  I have NEVER heard a male player accuse the Chair Umpire of being a "thief".  I have NEVER heard a male player demand, over and over, that the Chair Umpire apologize to him.  Never.  Not once.  If you have evidence that they have, I'd love to see it.  Please post it here.

If Osaka wasn't half black, Serena would have played the race card.  It's shameful.  She was losing, badly.  Getting trounced.  Serena was going to lose and needed an excuse, a reason to lose and rob Osaka of the title, of her moment of glory.  The New York crowd, in a fit of racism, attacked the Asian champion and (see how identity politics can play on both sides?).

Here is some interesting reading that might poke some holes in Serena's fiction:

Not only did Williams fail to shake off the violation calls from Ramos and instead let it rattle her to the point that it cost her a shot at her 24th grand slam singles title, but she also failed to properly prepare for the chair umpire. Had she done so, she would have known that Ramos has a history of readily calling violations, and she therefore should have known to be especially careful to avoid being penalized.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JTMac said:

My point is another class of person would have not escalated the incident as she did. Umpires make mistakes all the time, baseball is a prime example. WHat you don't see often is a player threatening the umpire. Serena is just a classless POS.

• Like 1

I read an article earlier this morning about how the men get away with stuff. They began by talking about McEnroe and players of his era.

His best years were 1980 to 1985. What's that, a THIRD OF A CENTURY ago?

I don't even follow tennis or play it, but games have rules. And she was getting her butt handed to her by the eventual winner, from I'm reading today.

16 minutes ago, johnbt said:

I read an article earlier this morning about how the men get away with stuff. They began by talking about McEnroe and players of his era.

His best years were 1980 to 1985. What's that, a THIRD OF A CENTURY ago?

I don't even follow tennis or play it, but games have rules. And she was getting her butt handed to her by the eventual winner, from I'm reading today.

I also saw a few references back to the era of McEnroe, Conners, etc. But, were these same rules of conduct in effect then, or did they come into existence as a reaction to McEnroe, et al’s tantrums? I honestly don’t know. Either way, if you have to go back 40 years to make your argument, you don’t have one. 

Edited by Grabbrass

44 minutes ago, fortyofforty said:

In this video, you can clearly hear Serena tell the Umpire, who makes probably a tenth what she does, if that, that he will "never ever ever be on a court of mine as long as you live".  Then she calls him a "liar".  Nice.  Check around 4:00 in this video.

:anim_rofl2: She managed to use the Do you know who I am? defense and the But Johnny did it too! in the same game. It's too bad nobody told the poor girl what the rules are. Being new to the game and all. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fortyofforty said:

Too late.  She's still claiming she was fighting for what was right.  Unless I heard wrong, she even told the Chair Umpire that he'd never work another U.S. Open.  Besides calling him a "thief".  Serena's coach admitted to coaching.  He was coaching.  If she didn't need it, or didn't see it, or didn't ask for it, it doesn't matter.  The penalty is on the coach.  She needs to deal with it.  I sense a Nike commercial being cut right now.

Beside that, Sarena was running her mouth when she should have been congratulating Naomi Osaka who in turn, appeared to feel terrible because she won and upset p o o r Sarena.  With all the weight she has packed on, I'm surprised "Big Mac" Williams hasn't had a heart attach on the court.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Reminds me of Brett Favre, past the point of Super Bowl contender but refusing to retire.

Granted, she got there so it’s not like she is a has been...yet.

but the point of a graceful exit is approaching quickly.

So what your saying is, "It's time for her to take her balls and go home?"

25 minutes ago, PATCHMAN said:

I heard on the radio news that the fans booed Naomi Osaka, the winner.  Wondered if there was a bit of racism behind the booing.  Sure Williams is hugely popular and under the circumstances of how she lost, her fans would be upset.  But still...  

Guaranteed if the shoe were on the other foot, she'd be screaming "racism" about the crowd.  Osaka seems like a sweet, shy person, not a loudmouthed bully.  The New York City welcoming committee did, indeed, boo Osaka.  Some audience members were emulating their fellow Fascists at the Kavanaugh hearings by standing up and shouting at the Chair Umpire.  I suppose it's Trump's fault.

28 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

So what your saying is, "It's time for her to take her balls and go home?"

ESPN would write her a blank check, same as they would have for Favre before he made a fool of himself.

(besides, I think she has her own court at home)

2 hours ago, fortyofforty said:

Guaranteed if the shoe were on the other foot, she'd be screaming "racism" about the crowd.  Osaka seems like a sweet, shy person, not a loudmouthed bully.  The New York City welcoming committee did, indeed, boo Osaka.  Some audience members were emulating their fellow Fascists at the Kavanaugh hearings by standing up and shouting at the Chair Umpire.  I suppose it's Trump's fault.

She was just pissed Naomi don't need no ******* weave.

• Haha 1