officer enters wrong apartment ,shoots tenant

ASH

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:17 PM, ASH said:

the excuses  all ended  ......WHEN SHE ENTERED HIS APARTMENT .  THE END   she fucked  up and plenty of people **** up and now she has to pay for it .    go back to the other site    
.  or your little  hardly visited sub forums if you play child games  there is russ p here to throw out the protection .    - all arguments ,debates   crying  ends when SHE  entered wrong apartment and shoots the tenent of that apartment dead.  

you enter my house by mistake and dont answer me when i call out , you get shot ,  be it cop , trash man ,neighbor , meter reader ,  dont matter . if you got no business there you make a dumb choice you pay for it . people know she is no cold blooded killer but SHE FUCKED UP /  now take  your lumps little girl 

and it is 100%  fact if was not leo who shot the guy  we not be getting paid leave,  and walking around   .  we would still be in jail or maybe by now on bail  

Wait. Russ P is here???

F that guy.

20 hours ago, willie-pete said:

So tell me; you and a girl get friendly and it looks like a night of bumping uglies when she casually mentions she would like you to beat her with her cop slapjack.

What do you do?

That ain't winnin' friends or influencin' peoples. That's just sexy time.

On 9/20/2018 at 10:47 AM, Wyzz Kydd said:

She’s a cop so she should get a free pass for trespassing into someone else’s home and killing an unarmed man.

That’s what you think right?

You're characterizing this incident (because she is LEO) as her intentionally/recklessly walking into the apartment and killed him for no reason.  

I see the incident as a tragic mistake on her part.  I would think the same for anyone (LEO or non-LEO) making the same tragic mistake.    

Edited by PATCHMAN
  • Like 2

On 9/20/2018 at 6:43 AM, PATCHMAN said:

The question still remains... should the belief that XYZ is fact (at the time of incident) be given less weight than knowing XYZ is fact?  

On 9/20/2018 at 10:47 AM, Wyzz Kydd said:

Patchman you’re repeating yourself. I understand what you’re saying about what she believed. I’ve already answered your question regarding the different weight given to belief vs reality.

I must have missed your answer.  Humor me and point me to where/which post you answered my question.  Thanks.  

Ok, I quoted the statute. In some circumstances, like this one, belief isn’t enough, you have to know! 

It’s not too much to ask that people KNOW they’re in their own home, not their  neighbors home. The fact that she didn’t KNOW that, in conjunction with the fact that she didn’t KNOW he was a threat makes her criminally negligent IMHO. Believing isn’t enough, again in my opinion. People who are exercising reasonable due care can tell whether they’re entering their own home or someone elses. If she’s too stupid, careless, unobservant, tired, call it whatever you like, to do that then she shouldn’t be carrying a gun, let alone a badge.

• Haha 1

well  she   1  win and 1 lose .  first off she won by not getting blasted  back out the door  , but she lost when she killed an innocent man .  maybe she can learn in prison  time will tell . 

i know everyone in my hood if this happened she would have been laid out cold stone dead going in wrong house. 

On 9/18/2018 at 11:22 AM, TBO said:

Of course!

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

And the police and DA should be held accountable.  If the case is strong and they lose, that's on them.  Their job is to win cases like that.

The problem is when they reach the correct verdict, that is unpopular.

On 9/20/2018 at 5:32 PM, willie-pete said:

So tell me; you and a girl get friendly and it looks like a night of bumping uglies when she casually mentions she would like you to beat her with her cop slapjack.

What do you do?

Ask her for her handcuffs.

Edited by SC Tiger

she was just fired . 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/amber-guyger-botham-jean-fired-dallas-police_us_5ba909ace4b0181540df506f

She was terminated after a hearing by the department’s internal affairs bureau Monday morning.

Despite Guyger’s firing, the spotlight has been on Jean since the beginning of the investigation. Guyger initially stated that she mistook Jean’s apartment for her own, and when she entered, she saw Jean as an intruder.

She was charged three days later. She then claimed that Jean ignored her “verbal commands” before she shot him. She then called 911. Jean died in the hospital.

But even after Guyger was charged, her fellow officers continued to “smear” Jean’s name, according to attorney Lee Merritt, who represents Jean’s family. They released a search warrant affidavit that included details about marijuana found in Jean’s home, which some news outlets latched onto.

The seizure was “nothing but a disgusting attempt to assassinate his character now that they have assassinated his person,” said Benjamin Crump, another attorney representing Jean’s family.

David Menschel, an Oregon-based criminal defense attorney and activist, previously told HuffPost that the release of the search warrant was “propaganda.”

“An off-duty cop goes into the wrong apartment and shoots the man who lives there dead, and so, as we’ve come to expect, local law enforcement is doing what it can to cast aspersions at the innocent victim ― to suggest he was ‘no angel’ ― and therefore apparently deserved to be shot dead in his own home,” Menschel said. “And much of the media plays along, amplifying law enforcement’s propaganda.”

After she was charged, Guyger was freed from jail on a $300,000 bond. A hearing date has not yet been set.

Edited by ASH